Michigan State is imploding over long running sexual assault culture

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disgusting behavior by those involved. Actually as bad as Penn State and worse than Baylor. This goes beyond the gymnastics scandal.

Ongoing since 1996. Discovered during the Dr. Larry Nasser investigation. Seems that basketball and football players committed numerous sexual assaults, yes even rapes, and the
system at MSU covered up and dismissed all of the incidents. ESPN Ouyside the Line is doing a mammoth expose'. Tom Izzo and Mark Dantonio are covering their asses in the most awkward display of hubris. Heads are falling.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...ssault-at-michigan-state-under-mark-dantonio/
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...ssault-at-michigan-state-under-mark-dantonio/
Hang 'em High.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
  • athletic physician Larry Nassar was sentenced to up to 175 years in prison earlier this week for sexual abuse in the USA gymnastics scandal, athletic director Mark Hollis abruptly announced his retirement on Friday morning and the fallout from a growing scandal has moved directly into the Spartans football and basketball programs.

Now we know a little more about what led to Hollis' decision.

According to a report from ESPN's Outside The Lines, a culture of sexual and physical assault existed inside the football and men's basketball program that had not been previously reported. Included in that culture was an effort by the school in court on three separate occasions to withhold names of athletes on public police records within the campus police department, and the redaction of information on public records to a point where the records became useless.
[/URL]

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...-michigan-state-in-wake-of-larry-nassar-case/

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to say if you've seen the Deadspin story and what's in there is true, I don't see Izzo surviving this either. He not only had 4 kids in 2 years with alleged sexual assaults, he knew about all 4, in 1 of the 4 the player ADMITTED he'd raped the woman, and he did nothing. I don't just mean he didn't kick the kid off the team or suspend him, he did nothing, they didn't even apparently report the incidents.

And per Deadspin a woman sent a letter to NCAA head man in charge in 2010 detailing 37 cases of alleged sexual incidents involving Michigan State, including all 4 of the basketball ones, and the NCAA did nothing because they were apparently under the impression it was MSU's territory not the NCAA and they were going to handle it.

If that story is true I hope MSU and the NCAA get taken down hard on this. I saw something today on tv that said at worst MSU is going to get absolutely hammered for Title 9 violations for their total lack of action taken, and the NCAA would easily be named as culpable too because of that letter. The woman sent a copy of the letter to Deadspin as proof she'd sent it so essentially the only defense the NCAA would have is if they claimed they had never received it, but they are apparently admitting they did, they simply believed MSU was taking care of it.

In todays environment I see no way Izzo should survive this if it's true. He will likely be allowed to coach out the year afterall they might win the title this year and that's what they care about. But he had 4 guys, and one wasn't even a player it was a former player turned grad student assistant and that guy was accused not once but twice and MSU didn't do anything either time.

If the story as reported is true I've lost all respect for Izzo, he needs to lose his job over this and I really hope some of the victims come forward and file federal Title 9 charges that directly name him.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't like Izzo before this disclosure. Always came off as an arrogant prick.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And in spite of the horror story CBS NCAA Basketball prime time game is Michigan State vs Maryland.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanESPN

Tom Izzo on whether he has any regrets about how he has handled everything: "I cooperated with every investigation. Every one. And I will continue to cooperate with every investigation. Every one."

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disclosure alert!

Report: Michigan State spent over $500,000 in January tracking Nassar victims, journalists

Michigan State was monitoring the social media accounts of those involved in the case

• by Kevin Skiver
  • 2h ago • 1 min read

• With Michigan State facing questions in its complicity to Larry Nassar's systemic molestation of underage girls during his time at the university, its PR took another hit on Wednesday. The Lansing State Journal uncovered that PR firm Weber Shandwick billed Michigan State over $500,000 for its services in January. The firm's services included monitoring the accounts of victims and their families, journalists, politicians and celebrities.

All things told, Weber Shandwick's bill was $517,343 for over 1,440 hours of work. The Journal obtained the documents through a public records request. Before Weber Shandwick, the work was done by members of Michigan State University's Office of Communication and Brand Strategy, some of whom continued the work in January.

Kimberly Dixon, the firm's director of global corporate communications, told The Lansing State Journal that "Weber Shandwick was retained by outside counsel to Michigan State University in late December 2017 to provide communications support. Weber Shandwick's work has since ended.

"As part of Weber Shandwick's work providing communications counsel, the firm monitored media and social media conversations surrounding the university, which included posts from the survivors of the Larry Nassar case."

The Journal found that the work was done by 18 employees that billed $200-$600 per hour. Five of the bills were over $50,000, including one that was $96,900 and another that totaled $120,893.

The Journal posted alleged screenshots of Weber Shandwick's work. One bullet reads: "Conversation continues to be driven by a current group of influencers -- victims of Nassar, their families, as well as regional and national journalists." The next bullet lists some of the key influencers driving the conversation.
https://www.cbssports.com/general/n...-january-tracking-nassar-victims-journalists/

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reduced charges. No wonder this shiite goes on over and over again. Rape no longer exists.

You must be registered for see images

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson