Michael Bidwill, where are you?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whether or not you like him or believe he’s a good coach, can anyone say, with a straight face, that Harbaugh wouldn’t be an improvement over KK?
Agree. I'll take NFL harbaugh over college harbaugh though... That's what we thought we were getting. Outside of a Buckeye beatdown this year, he was a failure to me, for at least what he was supposed to be to the program overall. High expectations...but that's what you sign up for when you coach Michigan or OSU.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Agree. I'll take NFL harbaugh over college harbaugh though... That's what we thought we were getting. Outside of a Buckeye beatdown this year, he was a failure to me, for at least what he was supposed to be to the program overall. High expectations...but that's what you sign up for when you coach Michigan or OSU.

Michigan won the B10 for the first time in 17 years. Notre Dame thinks Michigan is living in the past.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think that if KK is permitted to stay for another season, we all know that this team will very likely struggle to get beyond this year’s epic collapse. This might very well mean something like a 1-6 start and a wasted season. Chances of this are quite good IMHO. Hence my strong desire to see MB make a meaningful move now. Why wait for the inevitable?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
fun fact:

next year is Steve Keim's final year under contract.

in most situations where you want to keep him, this offseason would be the time to announce the contract extension.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The Cardinals would be woefully wrong if they are simply looking at our 11 wins in judging KK. There is now a long pattern of him not finishing out seasons. There is obviously a flaw in his system that makes him predictable in his play calling. And he also doesn’t possess the ability to motivate his team to even be competitive down the stretch. Even if Bidwill decides to give him a short leash in 2022, what does that really accomplish? If he doesn’t come out strong, he’ll be fired. And if he does start well, everyone will talk up our upcoming collapse. Lose, lose scenario.
:thumbup:
Glad to see you've come around, man. The last half of the season was brutal.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
fun fact:

next year is Steve Keim's final year under contract.

in most situations where you want to keep him, this offseason would be the time to announce the contract extension.

Consensus seems like if you are going to make a change, it has to start with GM. If you assume that -- options for Mike B:

1. Act now. Promote either Harris or Wilson into the slot. Given KK has next year and an option, you can give this staff another year to show the direction. Alternatively, if the one you promote has a coach in mind, the team can make the move. the team basically has two more years of relatively inexpensive K1 - better figure out how to take advantage of that now rather than burning another year of that salary on staff that might not make it.

2.Punt and give another year to show direction. Free agency will be more difficult if Keim/KK are essentially in lame duck status as players want some visibility for the first few years of the contract. One more year is basically a bet that K1 can take another step in his development with continuity vs learning a new system.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Consensus seems like if you are going to make a change, it has to start with GM. If you assume that -- options for Mike B:

1. Act now. Promote either Harris or Wilson into the slot. Given KK has next year and an option, you can give this staff another year to show the direction. Alternatively, if the one you promote has a coach in mind, the team can make the move. the team basically has two more years of relatively inexpensive K1 - better figure out how to take advantage of that now rather than burning another year of that salary on staff that might not make it.

2.Punt and give another year to show direction. Free agency will be more difficult if Keim/KK are essentially in lame duck status as players want some visibility for the first few years of the contract. One more year is basically a bet that K1 can take another step in his development with continuity vs learning a new system.
Nonsense. Players in free agency only care about the guaranteed money in their new deal. Now the draft is another issue, because you're drafting players for a system that might be replaced in eight months.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The Cardinals would be woefully wrong if they are simply looking at our 11 wins in judging KK. There is now a long pattern of him not finishing out seasons. There is obviously a flaw in his system that makes him predictable in his play calling. And he also doesn’t possess the ability to motivate his team to even be competitive down the stretch. Even if Bidwill decides to give him a short leash in 2022, what does that really accomplish? If he doesn’t come out strong, he’ll be fired. And if he does start well, everyone will talk up our upcoming collapse. Lose, lose scenario.
I remember when there were many here on the KK bandwagon (this is not directed at you PACardfan) using the excuse that KK just didn't have the horses at TT because of recruiting and college doesn't count while some of us were saying it's a KK problem.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I remember when there were many here on the KK bandwagon (this is not directed at you PACardfan) using the excuse that KK just didn't have the horses at TT because of recruiting and college doesn't count while some of us were saying it's a KK problem.
Agree. If it only happened half the time while at Tech, I may dismiss some of it. But every year at Tech & now every year in the NFL. Something isn’t right.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Biggest issue for Bidwill is if Kliff has to go Keim needs to go as well. Bidwill cannot sell Keim as GM to any good candidate when Keim may be on the outs even if retained.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agree. If it only happened half the time while at Tech, I may dismiss some of it. But every year at Tech & now every year in the NFL. Something isn’t right.
Every year. That’s a ridiculous reality. Not even a single outlier. For over a decade (13 years). That’s not a thing. That’s a THING! It is kliff’s signature.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Kingsbury hasn't been a head coach for 13 years total, let alone 13 years at TT.
You’re right. I have NO idea where I got 13. NINE. NINE seasons WITHOUT A SINGLE EXCEPTION. That’s not two or three seasons. That’s not even five. That’s NINE. When you’re trying to explain away NINE seasons you’re undertaking an exercise in futility. So it happens again next year, you finally admit it’s a thing? Why? You already don’t believe what your eyes are telling you after NINE years. So back season slides could go in forever in your eyes as long as there’s someone else to plausibly point the finger at (and it’s football, there always will be), but there’s literally only one constant in those NINE seasons: kliff. Ignore at your own mental peril.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
You’re right. I have NO idea where I got 13. NINE. NINE seasons WITHOUT A SINGLE EXCEPTION. That’s not two or three seasons. That’s not even five. That’s NINE. When you’re trying to explain away NINE seasons you’re undertaking an exercise in futility. So it happens again next year, you finally admit it’s a thing? Why? You already don’t believe what your eyes are telling you after NINE years. So back season slides could go in forever in your eyes as long as there’s someone else to plausibly point the finger at (and it’s football, there always will be), but there’s literally only one constant in those NINE seasons: kliff. Ignore at your own mental peril.
Maybe Kliff is trying to be the poster boy for INSANITY.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Are you really going to try to compare Murray to what we saw yesterday?? Probably the best QB play in one game IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL. And not to take anything away from these QB’s, but they wouldn’t be able to do that if Green/Kirk were their WR’s. These guys had 3-4 legitimate options to throw the ball to. without Hop, Ertz is Murray’s only legit target & he‘s an old, slow, TE.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Are you really going to try to compare Murray to what we saw yesterday?? Probably the best QB play in one game IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL. And not to take anything away from these QB’s, but they wouldn’t be able to do that if Green/Kirk were their WR’s. These guys had 3-4 legitimate options to throw the ball to. without Hop, Ertz is Murray’s only legit target & he‘s an old, slow, TE.
Eight QBs played this weekend -- which ones is Kyler Murray CLEARLY better than, in your opinion? Not the ones you'd like to have for the next three years; the ones you'd rather have Murray than next year.

Pete Schrager talked on the BS Report podcast last week. He said he made a couple calls around the NFL and asked front office types what Murray's value is right now. The person told him three first-rounders.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Eight QBs played this weekend -- which ones is Kyler Murray CLEARLY better than, in your opinion? Not the ones you'd like to have for the next three years; the ones you'd rather have Murray than next year.

Pete Schrager talked on the BS Report podcast last week. He said he made a couple calls around the NFL and asked front office types what Murray's value is right now. The person told him three first-rounders.
If the rest of the NFL front office types think Murray is worth 3 first rounders, then that tells you a lot about how great he truly is or can be. Do you really think any of the other QB’s would do any better with what Murray has around him, what Murray has on the sideline (coaches), and in the ownership box. I don’t. I’ve been following the Bills for 58 years. There‘s more to why Allen has improved so much other than just his hard work. The Bills invested in him from day one. Their franchise is head & shoulders SIGNIFICANTLY better than our joke franchise. They have great coaches, position coaches, have given him true weapons, and have built a D to help when they get off to a slow start offensively. It’s not perfect, but it’s how a Championship team is built. The Niners started with 4 straight three and outs, yet they won. Why? Because their D kept them in the game & eventually flipped field position. That doesn’t happen for Murray. We have 2 three & outs & we’re quickly down 14 points. Then Murray feels he has to make something happen otherwise we’ll be even further behind. Unfortunately, great franchises win & poor ones lose. And it doesn’t matter whether you have a special talent at QB or not.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave