MCU: The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney+)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Punisher was good. Jessica jones dragged and it’s the only marvel item other than shield that I never finished.

I gave up on that entire wing of Marvel after that awful run on The Defenders.

I think Daredevil S3 was the last one I finished. That was pretty epic.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I gave up on that entire wing of Marvel after that awful run on The Defenders.

I think Daredevil S3 was the last one I finished. That was pretty epic.
I actually enjoyed most of it. Even iron fist. Made a more street level gritty part of the MCU. I thought it might interesting if they ever had crossover even though I know they never would have.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yeah, I ran into that conundrum with Agents of SHIELD, but luckily that slog doesn't have much to do with the overall MCU. And neither does some of the others I haven't seen like season 3 of Jessica Jones and most of The Punisher Season 1.

Oof, SHIELD got bad, quickly. I can't remember how many seasons in I ditched it, but there were at least a couple I didn't watch.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched season one of JJ but never went farther than that (though I liked season 1). I did about 3 episodes LC before I stopped. I did Iron Fist, that was painful. I did all of Daredevil and thought they were really good. The big season fight in each are something to behold. I saw Defenders. I never did Punisher but might try at some point.

I think this might be better binging, but honestly even though it's a slow roll I'm liking it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I watched season one of JJ but never went farther than that (though I liked season 1). I did about 3 episodes LC before I stopped. I did Iron Fist, that was painful. I did all of Daredevil and thought they were really good. The big season fight in each are something to behold. I saw Defenders. I never did Punisher but might try at some point.

I think this might be better binging, but honestly even though it's a slow roll I'm liking it.
Forgot about Defenders which I also didn’t see.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Oof, SHIELD got bad, quickly. I can't remember how many seasons in I ditched it, but there were at least a couple I didn't watch.

You didn't miss much. The last season was fun though. If you're looking to kill time at some point it might be worth trying out. You don't need too much info on previous seasons going into it. I can give a quick recap in that thread on who a couple of the chars are and a broad overview.

The MCU as a whole though I think is on a decline and has been for a bit. The movies peaked like 6 years ago or so. There were some good ones after that but the overall trajectory is down. They've made some bad decisions too. Like Black Widow should have had her own movie 10 years ago. Thanks to knowing the end of her arc with Endgame I don't have as much interest in a stand alone now (this goes for anyone that we saw the fate of). The whole time jump in Endgame is a big mess too. There's so many problems with it that they're probably just going to ignore most of it. These TV shows aren't really moving the needle for me either.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
You didn't miss much. The last season was fun though. If you're looking to kill time at some point it might be worth trying out. You don't need too much info on previous seasons going into it. I can give a quick recap in that thread on who a couple of the chars are and a broad overview.

The MCU as a whole though I think is on a decline and has been for a bit. The movies peaked like 6 years ago or so. There were some good ones after that but the overall trajectory is down. They've made some bad decisions too. Like Black Widow should have had her own movie 10 years ago. Thanks to knowing the end of her arc with Endgame I don't have as much interest in a stand alone now (this goes for anyone that we saw the fate of). The whole time jump in Endgame is a big mess too. There's so many problems with it that they're probably just going to ignore most of it. These TV shows aren't really moving the needle for me either.
I thought Wandavision was brilliant and the best tv Marvel has produced thus far (Daredevil and the 1st half of Luke Cage S1 are the other good ones, although JJ Season 1 had one of the best Marvel villains in all the MCU).

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
From how this is going it will probably be most satisfying binging when its finished, especially if you are more of a casual MCU fan.

I enjoyed episode 2 more than 1 but I'm a big fan of the MCU and Marvel comics in general. I like where they're headed and how they introduced someone in this.

Pretty much me. ^

And yeah:

Isaiah Bradley's introduction was sad, as it should be. And I wonder if that kid is Elijah (aka Patriot).

EDIT: I'd like to add that I never thought I'd see Battlestar adapted in the MCU, but they did it perfectly here.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pretty much me. ^

And yeah:

Isaiah Bradley's introduction was sad, as it should be. And I wonder if that kid is Elijah (aka Patriot).

EDIT: I'd like to add that I never thought I'd see Battlestar adapted in the MCU, but they did it perfectly here.

I assumed that was Elijah with him. They've introduced a number of Young Avengers as of late so I don't see why they wouldn't have him with Isaiah. Hopefully we get a series with them eventually.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
I assumed that was Elijah with him. They've introduced a number of Young Avengers as of late so I don't see why they wouldn't have him with Isaiah. Hopefully we get a series with them eventually.

I'm fairly sure that they announced, or at least hinted at a Young Avengers either series and/or movie in their future lineups, starting with Kate Bishop from the Hawkeye show and Cassie Lang (which people are saying is why Cassie's character was recast for the next Ant-Man movie).

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm fairly sure that they announced, or at least hinted at a Young Avengers either series and/or movie in their future lineups, starting with Kate Bishop from the Hawkeye show and Cassie Lang (which people are saying is why Cassie's character was recast for the next Ant-Man movie).

They've hinted at it but I imagine they haven't announced anything because they're still trying to figure out if they'll make it a film or Disney+ series. They also introduced Speed and Wiccan in WandaVision but they'll need to age them up, again.

It wouldn't surprise me if we get teenage Loki from that series next since all other Disney+ series have introduced a Young Avenger. That Loki series is dealing with the Time Variance Organization or whatever that's called so I thought wed get a younger version since I heard they were involved..

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score

That would be cool.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
They've hinted at it but I imagine they haven't announced anything because they're still trying to figure out if they'll make it a film or Disney+ series. They also introduced Speed and Wiccan in WandaVision but they'll need to age them up, again.

It wouldn't surprise me if we get teenage Loki from that series next since all other Disney+ series have introduced a Young Avenger. That Loki series is dealing with the Time Variance Organization or whatever that's called so I thought wed get a younger version since I heard they were involved..

TVA = Time Variance Authority

And yeah, forgot about Speed and Wiccan.

They definitely have more than enough of the YA introduced already to get things going. Don't forget Miss America (America Chavez) is already cast and confirmed for Multiverse of Madness.

And then, even though Ms. Marvel (confirmed and cast for Captain Marvel 2) went straight to the Avengers, she was a part of a couple of young heroes teams and Feige confirmed that Miles Morales exists in the MCU. Not that they were hiding that, considering his uncle already showed up in Homecoming, even before Feige's confirmation.

That's more than enough to form up a very considerable team, even before the rest or even without Young Loki.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, it's getting good now!

I'll need to look on the enterwebs for all the Madripoor easter eggs I don't know. Oh, and I want MOAR Sharon!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMO, it's getting good now!

I'll need to look on the enterwebs for all the Madripoor easter eggs I don't know. Oh, and I want MOAR Sharon!

I agree 100% and also want more...

It seems they've finished world building and establishing the players at this point. We should get some packed episodes to finish things off. There are only 6 episodes so we're at the halfway point.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Definitely improved, but still wanting more. Only 3 episodes left so hopefully revelations are made.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first half has been a complete slog. Halfway through and the "bad guys" motivation is clear as mud other than "one world". The plot hasn't moved at all. The introduction of the city was cool but there was a missed opportunity to hint at the expanded Marvel verse character wise.

The trailers hinted at a much more fun bromance and even that has been underutilized.

Bringing in Zemo is the most eventful thing that has happened and many people didn't remember who he was right away. The show isn't bad but they it needs to pick up big time these last 3 episodes.

Stout

Reaction score
The first half has been a complete slog. Halfway through and the "bad guys" motivation is clear as mud other than "one world". The plot hasn't moved at all. The introduction of the city was cool but there was a missed opportunity to hint at the expanded Marvel verse character wise.

The trailers hinted at a much more fun bromance and even that has been underutilized.

Bringing in Zemo is the most eventful thing that has happened and many people didn't remember who he was right away. The show isn't bad but they it needs to pick up big time these last 3 episodes.

Hard to argue with any of this. The trailers certainly feel like false advertising. Reminds me of Thor: Ragnarok. We were promised an intergalactic buddy movie with Thor and the Hulk, and instead got a yakety-sax movie stuck on a garbage world. Meh.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Bringing in Zemo is the most eventful thing that has happened and many people didn't remember who he was right away. The show isn't bad but they it needs to pick up big time these last 3 episodes

I understand and agree with everything but your last paragraph. If people don't remember Zemo then they either have short attention spans or haven't watched Civil War. He broke up the Avengers and killed T'Challa's father. In addition to that I believe the announcement and introduction of a new Captain America was a big deal, bigger than bringing Zemo into the fold. I'd also say that introducing Isaiah Bradley was a big deal also but that will take some time to pay off.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand and agree with everything but your last paragraph. If people don't remember Zemo then they either have short attention spans or haven't watched Civil War. He broke up the Avengers and killed T'Challa's father. In addition to that I believe the announcement and introduction of a new Captain America was a big deal, bigger than bringing Zemo into the fold. I'd also say that introducing Isaiah Bradley was a big deal also but that will take some time to pay off.

I should say they didn't really recognize him. It's not like the Zemo actor is super recognizable or memorable. So, it's not a matter of watching Civil War. Both my daughter and wife had to ask me who it was. When I told them they remembered the character sort of but definitely not the actor. It was 5 years ago and unless you are a die hard you likely won't remember the character or the actor.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really enjoyed episode 4. This series would play much better as a 3 hour film than episodic viewing but I've enjoyed it throughout.

For those who have had issue with the bad guys motives, this episode should answer a lot of questions. I won't say anymore on what happens other than the final 2 episodes should be quite good and full of action.

Stout

Reaction score
This was by far the best episode to date. Too bad they took so long to get good, and there's only two left.

Excellent use of Falcon's suit in the fights. I enjoyed the Wakanda interplay and taking off Bucky's arm. The action in this episode actually felt relevant and cool, and not just (insert meaningless action scene here).

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stout, very much agreed including the spoiler stuff. Very good, very meaty.

Yeah, can't we just jump into the good parts right at episode 1?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard