MCU: The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney+)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
There's some good stuff in there, but it was too fractured to be considered great. It was interesting, and I'll watch the show, but my expectations have been lowered.

Opening with a giant action sequence was beyond yawn-worthy

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's some good stuff in there, but it was too fractured to be considered great. It was interesting, and I'll watch the show, but my expectations have been lowered.

Its Marvel, I'm sure there's a reason they opened the series like that. It makes more sense considering it was supposed to be the first Disney+ show and that highlights how they're not sparing any expense.

Plus...
I'm sure the Batroc cameo will come into play sooner than later. I think his inclusion made it stand out as more than just a generic action scene for the sake of an action sequence.

It also goes in line with how Winter Soldier and Civil War started with the boat raid against Batrocs screw and the Lagos fight against Crossbones crew.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score

I'll reserve judgement until it all comes together.

I liken this to a VERY long movie in six parts, kind of like how the Snyder Cut turned out to be.

BTW, for for those that don't follow Marvel Comics, possible spoiler for Lt. Torres:

In the comics, he becomes Falcon 2.0 after Falcon takes up the mantle of Cpt. America.

Stout

Reaction score
I'll reserve judgement until it all comes together.

I liken this to a VERY long movie in six parts, kind of like how the Snyder Cut turned out to be.

BTW, for for those that don't follow Marvel Comics, possible spoiler for Lt. Torres:

In the comics, he becomes Falcon 2.0 after Falcon takes up the mantle of Cpt. America.

If it's anything like Justice League, I don't want to see it.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first episode was very much a setup. Unfortunately, outside of the main sequence pretty boring. I am sure it will pick up though now that the first episode is done. Also, I was happy they revealed what Carl Fredricksen did in his youth.

You must be registered for see images attach

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The first episode was very much a setup. Unfortunately, outside of the main sequence pretty boring. I am sure it will pick up though now that the first episode is done. Also, I was happy they revealed what Carl Fredricksen did in his youth.

Not sure he was that much younger. Dude definitely looks a lot older than he is.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure he was that much younger. Dude definitely looks a lot older than he is.

I am joking for sure but something tells me this is not what it appears to be. I mean is this guy just for show? Is he really a super soldier? I REALLY REALLY hope this isn't a serious attempt because this guy looks ridiculous.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am joking for sure but something tells me this is not what it appears to be. I mean is this guy just for show? Is he really a super soldier? I REALLY REALLY hope this isn't a serious attempt because this guy looks ridiculous.

I agree as far as hoping this isn't a serious attempt. I'm familiar with the character from the comics and am curious how they play it. I think it will be fine.

The actor playing the new Cap is Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell's son. I can't remember his name but I think he's a little funny looking.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I agree as far as hoping this isn't a serious attempt. I'm familiar with the character from the comics and am curious how they play it. I think it will be fine.

The actor playing the new Cap is Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell's son. I can't remember his name but I think he's a little funny looking.
Wyatt Russell.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agree, it was a snoozer. It’s in a tough spot imo. You’ve got lesser characters from the movies - so there’s movie-like expectations but no way to replicate that in a tv show imo. And unlike wandavision, there’s not this built-in powerful relationship or extraordinary powers. And bc these are avengers they’re above the grittiness that we saw with the Netflix marvel shows like daredevil, punisher, luke cage, Jessica jones, iron fist and defenders. I’m a little skeptical as to where this one finds its footing...

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched the second episode. It is slow, but I don't think it's bad. I think we all just need to adjust for the length of what we're going to get and the fact we're not getting it all right away. Good story building this week.

I do like the characters and I like the dynamic between Sam and Bucky.

Stout

Reaction score
Just watched the second episode. It is slow, but I don't think it's bad. I think we all just need to adjust for the length of what we're going to get and the fact we're not getting it all right away. Good story building this week.

I do like the characters and I like the dynamic between Sam and Bucky.

Finally, almost 1/3 of the way in, the show matches the show title. Seems like we'll be getting a silly set piece in every episode that's just kind of a time waster, which is disappointing, given such a short run. I did like the further character development, though, and am enjoying the dynamics and social commentary.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Not a fan so far. I have issues with the writing and the editing, but it’s really hard to get invested in two characters that just aren’t interesting.

And so the big twist is that
they bring back one of the most uninteresting villains in the MCU?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a fan so far. I have issues with the writing and the editing, but it’s really hard to get invested in two characters that just aren’t interesting.

And so the big twist is that
they bring back one of the most uninteresting villains in the MCU?

I’ll be honest... I don’t know if I even watch episode 2.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Understand that, but it's only 6 episodes, so it's not like it's a chore. And there might be little things that will affect future properties, so maybe it gets better... ?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Understand that, but it's only 6 episodes, so it's not like it's a chore. And there might be little things that will affect future properties, so maybe it gets better... ?

this is the aspect of the MCUTV world that bothers me... having to put in 4-5 hours to watch something I really don’t want to because I might be lost once the movies start again.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

From how this is going it will probably be most satisfying binging when its finished, especially if you are more of a casual MCU fan.

I enjoyed episode 2 more than 1 but I'm a big fan of the MCU and Marvel comics in general. I like where they're headed and how they introduced someone in this.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
this is the aspect of the MCUTV world that bothers me... having to put in 4-5 hours to watch something I really don’t want to because I might be lost once the movies start again.
Yeah, I ran into that conundrum with Agents of SHIELD, but luckily that slog doesn't have much to do with the overall MCU. And neither does some of the others I haven't seen like season 3 of Jessica Jones and most of The Punisher Season 1.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This series is playing like a long film more than episodic viewing like WandaVision.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From how this is going it will probably be most satisfying binging when its finished, especially if you are more of a casual MCU fan.

I enjoyed episode 2 more than 1 but I'm a big fan of the MCU and Marvel comics in general. I like where they're headed and how they introduced someone in this.

don’t get me wrong. I love the MCU also. See every one of their movies opening weekend. I’ll give 2 a shot because I’m in quarantine but man, that first one was beyond meh.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, low expectations made for a pretty enjoyable watch. Dug episode 2.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah, I ran into that conundrum with Agents of SHIELD, but luckily that slog doesn't have much to do with the overall MCU. And neither does some of the others I haven't seen like season 3 of Jessica Jones and most of The Punisher Season 1.
Punisher was good. Jessica jones dragged and it’s the only marvel item other than shield that I never finished.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson