MCU: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like another good hold for Guaradians, forecasted at 33 million, down only 46% for the weekend. Also next weekend is a holiday weekend which means it’ll prob have another solid hold and cross the 300 million mark by next Monday.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another great hold for Guardians in Week 4, down only 36% for the 3 day and only down 15% for the long weekend. If it keeps this up, it’s definitely passing the original domestic box office. Beating 2 will be tougher with 89 million more to go to top it.

Meanwhile, Mermaid is another Disney remake smash and Fast X is falling like a freaking rock.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Saw it tonight in a full theater. Went with my neighbor and his son. We all loved it. Easily the second best Guardians movie. I agree with some of the comments about Gamora and Warlock. But still a really good movie. Easily Marvel’s best since Shang Chi or Spider-Man.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clocking in at $746.4 million and still making money. Not bad, not bad at all.

Also , holing steady on RT with 82%/94%

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really good Threequel. Good, contained story. A little long, but emotional and a great send off without easy answers at the end.

Second best of the bunch.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really good Threequel. Good, contained story. A little long, but emotional and a great send off without easy answers at the end.

Second best of the bunch.
The world agrees. RT still holding steady at 82/94 and at 783 million to date, will hit over 800 before it's over.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was really surprised/impressed at how the Peter/Gomorrah storyline was handled. They could have done something terrible Fast And The Furious style, but went for something real and still emotional.

Also, the High Evolutionary was one of the better Marvel villains in the entire run. He was loathesome, and appropriately so.

I know most of you guys are already apoplectic about what Gunn May or may not do with DC, but so far in the Superhero genre, the guy has been absolutely nails with the Guardians trilogy, Suicide Squad, Peacemaker and even that dark and dirty under seen indie Superhero movie with Rainn Wilson back in the day.

This movie just reinforced my excitement for what comes next for DC with Gunn at the helm. Marvel were fools not to hand him the keys to the castle.

Last edited:

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Saw it today for Father’s Day. I liked it better than 2 and just behind 1. I have felt pretty tapped out lately with the latest batch of Marvel movies, but this was a nice, fun, end cap on my Marvel interest (at least for awhile).

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still making money.... Just a few dollars short of $840 million worldwide.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Sad this was it. It's too bad it takes so long to make a movie. It would be nice for some of these series to come out once a year.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my Blu Ray of the movie, watched it last night. Dayum! As much as i liked it in the theater, I liked it even more the 2nd time around. Helluva good movie. The Rocket stuff had me in tears once again.