Matthew Stafford is dealing with "bad tendinitis" in throwing elbow!

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be a big deal! He's not getting any younger. I get tendinitis in my wrists from falling on them for years of skateboarding and the pain can be unbearable. I can't imagine what "bad tendinitis" feels like in an elbow throwing 30-40 times a game.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't he just get a big deal this offseason or was it last?

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't he just get a big deal this offseason or was it last?
He signed an extension that kicked in next season. Cap hits the final 3 years are bad considering he'll be 37 with a $49.5 million cap hit. This year and next year aren't bad unless he can't play. The dead money is high. He won't see that final year, I'm 100% sure of that.

You must be registered for see images attach

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He signed an extension that kicked in next season. Cap hits the final 3 years are bad considering he'll be 37 with a $49.5 million cap hit. This year and next year aren't bad unless he can't play. The dead money is high. He won't see that final year, I'm 100% sure of that.

Yeah, that's where I was going with it.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
According to PFT he had Platelet injections in the offseason and it's still hurting.

Aw shucks

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had tendonitis in my right arm a couple years back. It was debilitating. I did everything short of going under the knife - steroid injections, PRP, PT, used every gadget under the sun like FlexBars, etc. The only thing that helped was dry needling.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had tendonitis in my right arm a couple years back. It was debilitating. I did everything short of going under the knife - steroid injections, PRP, PT, used every gadget under the sun like FlexBars, etc. The only thing that helped was dry needling.
I have it right now and I’ve been dealing with it for five months just below the elbow and it’s excruciating…. Just shaking somebody’s hand hurts like a son of a gun… So what the hell is dry needling?

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have it right now and I’ve been dealing with it for five months just below the elbow and it’s excruciating…. Just shaking somebody’s hand hurts like a son of a gun… So what the hell is dry needling?

I had it done at a Spooner Physical Therapy but any good PT place can do it.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't even hold a coffee cup.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had it from fly casting and it took me like 4 months before I could even cast a spinning rod let alone a fly rod.

I read that they think Stafford has a sympathetic injury he has a bad back and they think he was favoring his back with a slight modification to his throwing motion and that hurt the elbow.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had it from fly casting and it took me like 4 months before I could even cast a spinning rod let alone a fly rod.

I read that they think Stafford has a sympathetic injury he has a bad back and they think he was favoring his back with a slight modification to his throwing motion and that hurt the elbow.
Tendinitis is so weird I had it and was battling it for like three months in my left arm and then I woke up one day and it was gone… Literally the next day I had it in my right arm and now I’ve been dealing with it for five months… Excruciating I think I’m gonna try Joel’s recommendation

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tendinitis is so weird I had it and was battling it for like three months in my left arm and then I woke up one day and it was gone… Literally the next day I had it in my right arm and now I’ve been dealing with it for five months… Excruciating I think I’m gonna try Joel’s recommendation

I got some relief from a brace I found but yeah it hurts like crazy. Fly casting is like trying to throw a really light ball very fast it's all timing so most people that fly fish get elbow or shoulder or both issues at some point. It's the weirdest thing your whole life every sport you play they tell you to follow through and then when you learn to fly cast you are told NOT to follow through. It's called the "hurry up and stop" you get all the momentum going forward and then stop your arm and the fly line and rod have all the stored momentum and go forward. But if you follow through the cast falls apart, and you hurt your elbow.

The thing that worked eventually for me was rest and ice, just not fishing for several months. Haven't really been fishing much in years so went away.

I can't imagine being a QB and having that sort of pain though

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My son had dry needling treatment for a hamstrung that wouldn't heal the summer of his sophomore year. He was doing PT, electric stem, ultra sound, etc and nothing. One dry needling treatment on a friday and he was good by Monday. Senior year, tweaked the hamstring on Tuesday, treatment Wednesday and fine by game time Friday. Give it a shot

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I just hope he gets the proper doctor who knows the revolutionary new procedure of taking a hammer and banging the crap out of his elbow, because I care about the guy and his legacy :raccoon:

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose