Matt Millers Post Super Bowl 7 round mock

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...uper-bowl-complete-7-round-predictions#slide8

Has us taking

#8 Becton
#40 Brandon Aiyuk
#72 Raekwon Davis
#111 Zack Moss
#153 Jalen Elliott
#203 Essang Bassey
#223 Justin Herron

This has us with a 5th and no 6th.

I think Becton is a reach at #8 even though I like him. But I wouldn't grumble about this too much overall. I like all the top 4 guys.

Would go crazy for this group.

Becton has the highest ceiling and has LT potential. Plug him in at RT and franchise DJ.

Aiyuk is the deep threat. Loved him at ASU this year. He probably won 2-3 games himself this year.

Raekwon Davis is the type of rotational guy the DL needs. Starter potential, but at worst a good backup to start.

Love Zach Moss. Violent runner, with shades of Marshawn Lynch. I probably prefer Kelly from UCLA though. I think Kelly can be a good NFL starter.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Raekown Davis production took a big drop after his first freshman year

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Passing on a lot of this board's favorites for a reach at #8. I don't hate it, but thats a lot of talent to pass on.imo

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I love the potential of Becton

but for all the physical ability and potential: he did give up more sacks and pressures than Thomas or Wilfs

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Zach Moss would be a great 1-2 punch with Drake. The other picks certainly address needs.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

but for all the physical ability and potential: he did give up more sacks and pressures than Thomas or Wilfs

The Louisville offense took a strong step forward behind Becton's talent and leadership. Heading into the Kentucky game, Saturday, Becton had not allowed a sack in 628 sacks (snaps?)this season. He also had 60 total knockdowns in 10 games and graded above 80% in nine of those 10 games.

Over the course of his career, he allowed just four sacks in 2,300 snaps.

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...n-receives-jacobs-blocking-trophy/4350659002/

In 2019, per Pro Football Focus, the 20-year-old allowed just 12 pressures in 314 pass-blocking snaps. PFF also graded him as the third-best run-blocking tackle in the ACC.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...stination-for-sleeper-prospects-and-top-names

You must be registered for see images attach

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jeremiah probably know that despite several mocks having him late first/ early second, he is higher in some draft boards

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I was at the Kentucky -vs- Louisville game this year, he couldn't handle the Kentucky DL for sure. They had like 7 or 8 sacks. He gave up several himself.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
also Becton:

a Keim-y pick

likes guys with physical tools and upside rather than higher floor / lower ceiling prospects

wouldn't shock me to see him take a Becton over a Thomas

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This is an easy way to tell who talks to scouts and who doesn't. The draft network is what it is, but they are not as entrenched in the scouting network as a lot of dudes. Not a shock that when Jeremiah had Thomas falling, lots of these sites who don't have his contacts adjusted accordingly.

I don't love Miller, but he does have contacts. DJ is really tuned in but when looking at his top 50, keep in mind what org he grew up in. Pauline has ties into people still in the league. CBS / DraftNetwork kind of throw stuff at the wall to see what sticks. PFF goes strictly off their own grades which is smart because they can always cite the unpredictability of the draft when those players don't work out. Essentially they can create their own self-fulfilling prophecy.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I was at the Kentucky -vs- Louisville game this year, he couldn't handle the Kentucky DL for sure. They had like 7 or 8 sacks. He gave up several himself.

You must have been watching the wrong player. Becton is #73 LT

He had a false start and gave up a sack on the very last play of the game. Seemed like a blown assignment but he dominated the entire game.

Check out his blocks at:

1:12
2:21
3:06-3:20
7:40
8:52

He was rag-dolling people.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wouldn't be happy with the first 2 rounds, as I think there are bigger game changers to be had, in spots that we might have a really hard time filling in FA.

In Rd 1 he has us taking Becton with a TON of talent still on the board. Both Wirfs and Thomas are still there, as are Simmons, Jeudy, Lamb, and Kinlaw. That is 6 players that I would prefer over Becton...so I would definitely try to trade down a few spots. If I stay at #8 in this draft, I'm gong with Simmons. He is a player that doesn't come along often, we can't replicate with FA, and we don't have on our roster.

In the 2nd round, I don't like Aiyuk when guys like Biadasz, Gross-Matos, and Madubuike are still on the board....let alone other WR's like Reagor and Pittman Jr still sitting there. Also, just as food for thought, he has us taking Aiyuk at #40, and Austin Jackson OT (USC) at #37 and Grant Delpit FS (LSU) at #39. If we have a chance at either of those guys in round 2...I think that is a move we have to make.

So if I use the same basic mock draft, but I include guys that are within 1-2 picks of ours...because he is saying there is a good chance they are there in that range....my draft would go:

1st- Isaiah Simmons
2nd - Grant Delpit
3rd - Curtis Weaver
4th - Prince Tega Wanogho
5th - Antonio Gandy Golden

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I haven’t looked a lot at Becton but taking him at 8 seems like a reach. I’m not a fan of any OT being taken at 8 if Humphries is back.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This is an easy way to tell who talks to scouts and who doesn't. The draft network is what it is, but they are not as entrenched in the scouting network as a lot of dudes. Not a shock that when Jeremiah had Thomas falling, lots of these sites who don't have his contacts adjusted accordingly.

I don't love Miller, but he does have contacts. DJ is really tuned in but when looking at his top 50, keep in mind what org he grew up in. Pauline has ties into people still in the league. CBS / DraftNetwork kind of throw stuff at the wall to see what sticks. PFF goes strictly off their own grades which is smart because they can always cite the unpredictability of the draft when those players don't work out. Essentially they can create their own self-fulfilling prophecy.

Yep I noticed that too.

Fans like Thomas alot more than scouts do.

What I've read is that Thomas has the worst physical tools among the top tackles. Georgia certainly is an OL factory now, but how many top guys have come from Georgia?

For my money, I think it's an awful idea to draft a guy with average to below average physical traits in the top ten. If there isnt a cant miss guy at a position of need, go with a guy with elite traits. That's why for me, I like either Wirfs, Becton, or Wills.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I haven’t looked a lot at Becton but taking him at 8 seems like a reach. I’m not a fan of any OT being taken at 8 if Humphries is back.

A reach based on what? The concept of reach is kind of silly when you consider that teams look for different traits in players.

Based on what Max Starks has said, Kugler likes brawler tough guy types. Wirfs seems to fit this kind of mold, but so does Becton and Wills.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

Draftnetwork also is doing due diligence in that most of their own evaluators have the strengths and weaknesses of many of the prospects listed plainly. I find it very helpful to review their weaknesses. Because their strengths are usually more easily evident.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You must have been watching the wrong player. Becton is #73 LT

He had a false start and gave up a sack on the very last play of the game. Seemed like a blown assignment but he dominated the entire game.

Check out his blocks at:

1:12
2:21
3:06-3:20
7:40
8:52

He was rag-dolling people.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

When Becton gets his hands on a rusher, the guy is usually completely nullified.

He needs to learn to finish blocks a bit better. A few times he released his block, only to have the defender make a play.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Draftnetwork also is doing due diligence in that most of their own evaluators have the strengths and weaknesses of many of the prospects listed plainly. I find it very helpful to review their weaknesses. Because their strengths are usually more easily evident.
I think the draft network is doing their own work for sure, but it is not in any way tied to the feelings around the league. They create their own grades based off of their own work. That being said, it isn't so different from what PFF does. Their rankings are based more off of their own rankings than what scouts and teams around the league feel about prospects. Andrew Thomas was a top OT and top 10 player until Daniel Jeremiah released his first Mock Draft which had Thomas in the mid to bottom of the first round. Now the site has adjusted their rankings to put Thomas at the 18th ranked prospect and 3rd ranked tackle.

Personally, I feel like it reduces their credibility to the level of individuals on this board who watch a bunch of college football. That doesn't mean it doesn't contain some good info, but it does mean they are still one of the last places I do to determine where a player may go on draft day and where a player ranks among his peers.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose