Mason Rudolph vs Va Tech

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
Today at 4pm CT. Gundy says Hokies may be the best defense they've faced in several years, not sure about that. He could help or hinder his draft stock today. Also looking forward to seeing James Washington and Ateman doing well. Put some cash on them -4, hope it comes through! :shocker::koolaid:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Every time I've watched Rudolph I've been impressed. I must be missing something that he isn't rated higher. They say he doesn't have a big arm but I haven't seen any throws he can't make.

OP
OP
P

POISON

Reaction score
Virginia Tech only gave up 13.5 points per game so they've been tough on defense.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Every time I've watched Rudolph I've been impressed. I must be missing something that he isn't rated higher. They say he doesn't have a big arm but I haven't seen any throws he can't make.
Scouts question his arm strength and accuracy giving his receivers most of the credit for his 65% completion percentage. I question how mobile is he and can he evade pass rushers? He like most of the other college QBs plays in a shotgun offense so he will need time to adjust taking snaps under center.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Virginia Tech has a very good secondary. Keep an eye on CB Brandon Facyson (6-1, 191), a player who might makes sense for the Cardinals if he is on the board in the 3rd round. On the opposite side CB Greg Stroman (6-0, 185) is a Day 3 pick. OLB Tremaine Edmunds (6-4, 255) is likely a top 100 pick.

For Oklahoma St. WR James Washington (6-1, 205) has first round talent and T Zachary Crabtree (6-6, 315) could project as a 3rd rounder.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Virginia Tech has a very good secondary. Keep an eye on CB Brandon Facyson (6-1, 191), a player who might makes sense for the Cardinals if he is on the board in the 3rd round. On the opposite side CB Greg Stroman (6-0, 185) is a Day 3 pick. OLB Tremaine Edmunds (6-4, 255) is likely a top 100 pick.

For Oklahoma St. WR James Washington (6-1, 205) has first round talent and T Zachary Crabtree (6-6, 315) could project as a 3rd rounder.
You forgot Alexander is probably the most notable player in the secondary. Big CB / S at 6’3 210. I really like Stroman especially because of his return ability.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another Bryce Petty/Landry Jones/Chase Daniel/Brandon Weeden. Typical Big 12 QB that puts up stats, but is nothing special about him unlike a Patrick Mahomes.

Don’t get fooled. He most likely won’t even make a decent back up QB.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just an observation, but -

When evaluating QB prospects, ignore what so-called "experts" say and trust your own eyeballs.

(Example: Prescott wasn't top rated but sure looked like the real deal in game-footage).

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Another Bryce Petty/Landry Jones/Chase Daniel/Brandon Weeden. Typical Big 12 QB that puts up stats, but is nothing special about him unlike a Patrick Mahomes.

Whoa Whoa Whoa..... Brandon Weeden is just about ready to break out!! lol

OP
OP
P

POISON

Reaction score
I did too.
Kind of a slow start,

Says the genius he can't go through progressions. Do you actually watch any football?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just an observation, but -

When evaluating QB prospects, ignore what so-called "experts" say and trust your own eyeballs.

(Example: Prescott wasn't top rated but sure looked like the real deal in game-footage).

He actually played really bad this year when he didn't have that great line and Elliot. Hes not a legit A level QB

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They play tempo no thanks to any QB that plays in that system. Your pretty much throwing to wide open guys out of the shotgun getting plays from the sideline.

Mariota is the greatest QB ever in that system and he's nothing to write home about in the NFL

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
They play tempo no thanks to any QB that plays in that system. Your pretty much throwing to wide open guys out of the shotgun getting plays from the sideline.

Mariota is the greatest QB ever in that system and he's nothing to write home about in the NFL
Mason also plays with much better WR's than Mariota ever had.

OP
OP
P

POISON

Reaction score
Rudolph not looking so good thus far...guess that's what happens when not playing against a Big12 team.
He has close to 200 yards passing against the 5th rated defense in the 1st half. Not bad and it's not his best game by far. He'll light it up 2nd half

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
He has close to 200 yards passing against the 5th rated defense in the 1st half. Not bad and it's not his best game by far. He'll light it up 2nd half
He had 1 nice throw on a go route that almost went for a TD, but other than that he doesn't really look all that special. You can especially see his flaws when the pocket starts to collapse...he tends to panic and his mechanics break down quick. When he has a super clean pocket and can scan the field...he doesn't look too bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard