Marvin Lewis anyone?

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
he really isn’t that bad of a coach. He worked for Mike Brown who refused to invest in the scouting department and constantly brought in players with off field issues.

Honestly, I always thought he did pretty well for what he was forced to work with.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Him and Jim Caldwell see to be the franchise stabilizing candidates that we likely need even if they never bring us a title.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He would be a great GM.

Every Bengals he has coached has been well built top to bottom with talent.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Him and Jim Caldwell see to be the franchise stabilizing candidates that we likely need even if they never bring us a title.
Is it possible either would want to be an assistant Head Coach?

I'd rather go with a younger offensive mind for HC if we're replacing Kliff. I wouldnt mind those guys as someone to help bring structure to Kliff's team though.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Is it possible either would want to be an assistant Head Coach?

I'd rather go with a younger offensive mind for HC if we're replacing Kliff. I wouldnt mind those guys as someone to help bring structure to Kliff's team though.
He already is with the Dolphins. (Edit again: Caldwell was in that role with the Dolphins but then left for medical reasons and did not return)

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Lewis as HC with Caldwell as OC, while grooming some up and coming coaches to take over/take to next level...I'd be all over that.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
At their age, the only grooming they would find time for would be grooming the hair that's growing out of their ears. No to both.

They are 62 - Lewis and 65 - Caldwell...lol They aren't on walkers...lol Isn't that your age? Are you saying you'd have nothing to contribute to a younger generation? hahaha

C'mon...give the older guys more credit than that. Neither of them would be even close to the oldest coaches in the NFL.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marvin Lewis? BlahahahahahahhahahhahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahhahahhahahhahaahahhahahahhahahahahhhahahhababababbababbababbhahahhahahhahahhahahhahahhahhaahHahhaahha

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Marvin Lewis? BlahahahahahahhahahhahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahhahahhahahhahaahahhahahahhahahahahhhahahhababababbababbababbhahahhahahhahahhahahhahahhahhaahHahhaahha

Agreed! If you want to talk about a lack of discipline, look at Marvin Lewis's teams.

OP
OP
Syracusecards

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
insightful well thought out response as always.... let’s hear your suggestions?

OP
OP
Syracusecards

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Agreed! If you want to talk about a lack of discipline, look at Marvin Lewis's teams.
that’s because Mike Brown loves bringing in headcases. Parcells wouldn’t have been able to instill discipline in those thugs

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They are 62 - Lewis and 65 - Caldwell...lol They aren't on walkers...lol Isn't that your age? Are you saying you'd have nothing to contribute to a younger generation? hahaha

C'mon...give the older guys more credit than that. Neither of them would be even close to the oldest coaches in the NFL.
62 would be exactly my age. And exactly why I wouldn't fire either one of them. We're not talking about taking over an established winning franchise. Whoever we hire, will need stamina & energy to overcome the century long dysfunction of the AZ Cardinals. These guys would take the money & run. And laugh all the way to the bank.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
insightful well thought out response as always.... let’s hear your suggestions?

The guy has a career record of 131-122

He is literally 0-7 in big game playoff opportunities. He is the epitome of average. He is not a good or even great coach.

Have watched many many many games over the years he has coached. His team are ill prepared and lack discipline. He is literally the last person I want to see hired as a HC here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Syracusecards

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score

He is literally 0-7 in big game playoff opportunities. He is the epitome of average. He is not a good or even great coach.

Have watched many many many games over the years he has coached. His team are ill prepared and lack discipline. He is literally the last person Inwant to see hired s a HC here.

Cincinnati is Dallas/Washington/NY Jets ownership level bad. They’re just a smaller NFL market so nobody cares.

The fact that he was able to have a winning record and even GET to the playoffs with Mike Brown as Owner/President/GM while also playing in a division with Baltimore and Pittsburgh pretty much says he’s a damn good coach.

Since Mike Brown took control in 1991, there have been 5 coaches. Games won by Lewis, 131. Total COMBINED games won by other 4 coaches, 62.

My buddy is a die-hard Bengals fan so I’ve watched more than I care to admit. If you ask any Bengals fan, they will tell you Mike Brown is what keeps that team in the cellar.

Most career victories in franchise history. Was coach of the year in 2009. Dude is well respected around the league. I think he’s worth a shot.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
okay. just do it.

Hire Herm, Marvin Lewis, and Antonio Pierce. They won't even have to move to the other side of the bed.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
he really isn’t that bad of a coach. He worked for Mike Brown who refused to invest in the scouting department and constantly brought in players with off field issues.

Honestly, I always thought he did pretty well for what he was forced to work with.

Marvin Lewis is why Dre Kirkpatrick has zero discipline. Not only no but hell no.

Reaction score

Are you kidding he is a great coach!
I would take him in a heartbeat

Reaction score

Have watched many many many games over the years he has coached. His team are ill prepared and lack discipline. He is literally the last person I want to see hired as a HC here.
I disagree...let’s remember he was the coach of the BENGALS
He had them competitive every year

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose