Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but why a clone?

I thought that meant that he did die, died for a long while, and they resurrected him somehow.

like banky said...being a clone of yourself and realizing you've a) been lied to and b) don't really know WHAT you are is much more dramatic from a character POV then was dead for a while before being revived.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What if you're not a clone? What if you're not a real boy? They'd probably want to keep that from you too. I lean towards clone too but I haven't ruled it artificial being.

Steve

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't get into it largely because the same GF who likes Under The Dome kept telling me "this is dumb."

:mulli:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't get into it largely because the same GF who likes Under The Dome kept telling me "this is dumb."

Walmart has their girlfriends marked down 30% this week, you might want to pick up a new one. Scratch that, this show has some potential but it's not worth breaking in a new girlfriend - even a defective "Under the Dome" loving girlfriend.

Steve

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Yeah, time for a trade in :D

Honestly though, I don't know if I could date someone who took Under the Dome seriously. I mean, if she sees how awful the writing is but likes it anyway, okay, that's one thing. If she truly doesn't understand the problems with the show, however...man, I'd hate to be in your shoes :D

Passepartout

July 4th Fireworks
Reaction score
Only like Skye from the show. As also like Coulson. But really that May character is the one I have a hard time warming up to. Hopefully we can warm up to her in no time. But all in all, the characters are OK.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I posted some of this on the movie thread but I thought I would post it here as well since the events in Captain America Winter Soldier have a direct impact on this show. Rumors are that there will be a cast shakeup.

I will put the rest of this under a spoiler tag for those that have not seen the movie yet.

The events in the movie directly impact this show. As you know there is no more SHIELD at least as we know it. I know the new trailer, it mentions the movie and adds the tagline "Uprising". However, there has to be more to it than that considering in the movie they say Shield is no more. Well....that kind of impacts the show.

My guess is they are alluding to Shield Secret Avengers. Sharon Carter was introduced in the movie who is also called Agent 13 in that comic continuity. So, my guess is that on the show, SHIELD becomes something along that storyline without government oversight. In essence an independent black ops version of itself.

The interesting thing is they had to know about the impact of the movie on the show for at least the past year. Which means, that maybe this rumored cast shakeup or turn of events was planned from day one? I can't imagine this was simply something they thought up at the last minute.

Thoughts?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last night's episode was pretty damn good with a freaking twist I didn't see coming. Probably one of the best episodes to date. The show basically was entirely turned on it's head in one episode. They did a great job of interweaving what happened in Captain America Winter Soldier with the series.

Bill Paxton's run has been pretty damn cool on the show as well. It's a good development for the show as it transitions from a "freak of weak" or faceless enemy to the "big bad" being outed and defined going forward for the show.

Also, looking forward to a certain cameo coming up with Fury. The show is finally maturing and getting better IMO.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some time back it was announced that Nick Blood will play Lance Hunter and Lucy Lawless will play Isabel Hartley in Season 2.

Also - At Comic Con they just teased that Mockingbird is joining up (or at least appearing) this season. FYI - She has been around forever (Astonishing Tales #6). Hawkeye's love interest and eventual wife in the comics. A S.H.I.E.L.D. agent and an Avenger (West Coast Avengers).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reed Diamond will be playing the season’s big villain Daniel Whitehall aka Kraken.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
'Agents of SHIELD' Enlists Adrianne Palicki as Marvel Favorite (Exclusive)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/agents-shield-enlists-adrianne-palicki-726118

You must be registered for see images attach

Friday Night Lights favorite and comic book fan Adrianne Palicki has been tapped to guest-star as Marvel super spy Bobbi Morse, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Best known to comics fans as Mockingbird, Palicki will appear in the fifth episode of the Marvel procedural with the potential to return; the episode will find her popping in perhaps not as an ally to Coulson (Clark Gregg) and his team.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see how this season unravels considering the events of the movie and rumored other events that will coincide with upcoming movies.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope this show completely fails in it's second season (mostly because my show is going head to head with it!).

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope this show completely fails in it's second season (mostly because my show is going head to head with it!).

DOH! Sorry to hear that cheesebeef. Most of my friends are die hards of the show.

What is the name of your show? I would like to DVR it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DOH! Sorry to hear that cheesebeef. Most of my friends are die hards of the show.

What is the name of your show? I would like to DVR it.

I'm actually not all that worried about it. it did middling numbers after a hot start anyway.

Last edited:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

The Show is horrible... Stopped watching after the 2nd episode. Your show is much better.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agents Of SHIELD Casts Drea De Matteo As This Comic Book Character

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...rea-De-Matteo-Comic-Book-Character-70009.html

It’s been a while since the events of the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. midseason finale, but with Agent Carter almost wrapped up, the series will be back on our TV screens soon. In addition to getting fans hyped up with new promos, they have also announced several high-profile guest stars appearing in the coming months, including Blair Underwood, Edward James Olmos and Jaime Alexander. Now added to this list is Sons of Anarchy’s Drea de Matteo, who will be allying herself with one of the show’s primary villains.

Marvel announced today that Matteo will play Karla Faye Gideon, who is described as “a gifted woman with a grudge to bear against S.H.I.E.L.D. who joins forces with Skye’s father, Cal.” Kyle MacLachlan has been a recurring villain this season, but it was only in the midseason finale that he was named as Cal, setting him up as the MCU’s version of super villain Calvin Zabo, a.k.a. Mr. Hyde. Working against both S.H.I.E.L.D. and Hydra, his main goal is to see his daughter Daisy, who we all know as Skye, reach her true potential, part of which is being an Inhuman with earthquake powers. Oh, and much like the Hulk, the man has breathtaking anger management issues. Sounds like just the kind of people for Karla to tag along with.

In the comics, Karla is a minor Daredevil character that appeared in the miniseries Daredevil: Redemption. While investigating the murder of her son Bradley, the Man Without Fear attempted to stop her husband Howard from beating her, but she continued to stay by Howard’s side, and Daredevil saved her again years later from this domestic abuse, putting Howard in jail. Although Daredevil is premiering on Netflix in April, it remains to be seen whether the MCU Karla will have any connection to that series or if she’ll appear in any of the other Netflix shows. For now, S.H.I.E.L.D. it is.