MarTay Jenkins Interest Explosion!

az643dp

"The Tugboat"
Reaction score
Wow...look at all of the MarTay Jenkins interest. Interesting. The Cowboys want a second go around with him!

Bills | Jenkins to Visit - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
11:54 PT: The Buffalo Bills are bringing in free agent WR MarTay Jenkins (Cardinals) on Wednesday.

Raiders | Interested in Jenkins - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
11:53 PT: The Oakland Raiders have expressed an interest in free agent WR MarTay Jenkins (Cardinals).

Jaguars | Interested in Jenkins - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
11:53 PT: The Jacksonville Jaguars have expressed an interest in free agent WR MarTay Jenkins (Cardinals) and will be looking to set up a visit with him.

Panthers | Interested in Jenkins - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
11:53 PT: The Carolina Panthers have expressed an interest in free agent WR MarTay Jenkins (Cardinals).

Cowboys | Interested in Jenkins - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
11:53 PT: The Dallas Cowboys have expressed an interest in free agent WR MarTay Jenkins (Cardinals).

Attachments

• jenkinsstylin.jpg
    jenkinsstylin.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,637

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is not good good. If you expect to lose David Boston, you'd better tie up your number 2 WR.

Martay reportedly wanted $3 mill per year. I'd have given it to him.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gotta agree Skorp.

The Cards need to make an offer to Jenkins now!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Skkorpion
This is not good good. If you expect to lose David Boston, you'd better tie up your number 2 WR.

3 million to Martay? Wow - no way I'd give him that much. I know we lost Boston, but a guy who has never even had over 520 yards in season ain't worth 3 million bucks! I don't care what he does on special teams - 3 million? Hell i'd rather see us throw three million at Conway - at least he's proved he can do soemthing in this league.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?statsId=4843 - 3 million?

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No way! $3M???? $1.5 sure, but I'll take a McAddley/Kasper combo at 1/6 the price any day.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef
3 million to Martay? Wow - no way I'd give him that much. I know we lost Boston, but a guy who has never even had over 520 yards in season ain't worth 3 million bucks! I don't care what he does on special teams - 3 million? Hell i'd rather see us throw three million at Conway - at least he's proved he can do soemthing in this league.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?statsId=4843 - 3 million?

He does not only bring his WR deep threat ability but his ST ability. Some of you are not taking that into consideration. If he was healthy all year he would have gone over 600 maybe even reach 700 yards recieving. He is a double threat and our best WR right now. I would pay him 3 mil a year to keep him. Without him who will return kicks? Jackson? he hasnt proven he can return punts yet. Our best option would be kasper but two pople have to be back there and what would happen if he drops, then there is absolutely noone to take over. The only problem i have with him is that he dosent always have the best hands but that is something you can improve.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, there is no way in hell Martay is worth $3 million. If some other team is crazy enough to pay him that, then I say see you later.

If we loose Martay, then we can pick up someone like Ronney Jenkins to return the ball at 1/3 the price. Or we can draft a WR or CB who can also do returns.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
no way, he has fumble hands... and is not a natural pass catcher...

I honestly didnt theink he was that good of a return man either... Although i do think he is a very good gunner...

He is a #3-4 imho...

I like McCaddley much more...

AzWins23

Reaction score
I will tell you why he is woth 3 million......He has potential to get 1,000 yards a season....He is a good kick returner....She is great on special team, He is the fastest player on our team...He is Our Gunner on Punts....We need Him...Sign him please

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The way KFFL operates is - They talk to a reporter or a guy's agent, and the reporter gives KFFL everything a team is doing and the agent gives KFFL everything his client is doing.

Mar Tay's agent apparently set up a bunch of visits for his client and KFFL - as they always do - treated each one as a separate story.

Incidently, FoxSportsAZ concluded in their Cardinal free agent piece last night that the Cards will re-sign Mar Tay.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we do not get Martay back then I am afraid our 1st pick will be a WR.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Check out these signings so far

and tell me again why the market won't pay a #2 receiver $3 mill per year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/gen/wire?messageID=10333125

If Martay comes back here, he'll be the #1WR. Last year we paid our #3WR, Frank Sanders, $4 mill.

Not disagreeing w/the market Skkorp, but please tell me why he is so much better than McAddly/Kasper who are dirt cheap.

Skkorp - go to Yahoo sports and do a search on Mar Tay Jenkins. His name does not even show up as an NFL player. (No dis on Mar Tay, more a dis on Yahoo for not being up to date)

Don't get me wrong, I like Mar Tay, but he is NOWHERE near a $3M player.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Check out these signings so far

and tell me again why the market won't pay a #2 receiver $3 mill per year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/gen/wire?messageID=10333125

If Martay comes back here, he'll be the #1WR. Last year we paid our #3WR, Frank Sanders, $4 mill.

So what? Because he's the number 1 guy on a team that has so screwed themselves to this point doesn't mean he's a legit number #1 in the league and as such SHOULD NOT BE PAID AS SUCH! As far as the market is concerned, you are assuming the market sees a guy, who in his three years in the league has averaged just over 300 yards/season, as a number #2 reciever. He played in 8 games last year and only had 250 yards - that doesn't scream extremely rpoductive #2 WR over 16 games to me -does it to you?

As far as Martay flashing 1,000 yard potential - did I miss something? I saw a lot of drops and an astonishing lack of overall lack of production which leads me to believe otherwise. And this isn't me being all neagtive - I see Shipp as the real deal and a potential 1300 yard back because he consistently put up good numbers and played hard when given a shot - Haven't seen that so far with Jenkins. I see blazing speed in Jenkins and not much else yet.

Come on, guys, just cause a guy plays for us, doesn't mean he's actaully good. If Martay gets 3 million from anyone but us I will be shocked.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Cheesey. Martay is not a #1. He is a good #2 and a very solid #3. Plus a very, very good ST.

I don't know what that is worth. Depends on what the market says. But we took what would have been one of the strengths on this team and turned it into a glaring weakness.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would give him a 3 year contract at 1.75 mill. a year base salary and a 2 million dollar signing bonus!

NOT A DIME MORE!!!!

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
Are you guys forgetting? Martay got benched from kickoff returns because 1) fumbles, 2) not giving it his all.

He was just running slow up the middle, or trying to go too much side to side. He had lost his killer instinct when he became the teams #3 WR. I guess he was afraid of getting injured and it showed.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Re: Re: Check out these signings so far

Originally posted by cheesebeef

As far as Martay flashing 1,000 yard potential - did I miss something? I saw a lot of drops and an astonishing lack of overall lack of production which leads me to believe otherwise. An

Wouldnt that mean there was production????? Anyway, nobody said this guy would be a 1,000 yard reciever but he is a #2 reciever on an average team and a #1 on a team like the cardianls. Who is out there or who do we have that is a legit #1 WR. The market this year is weak on WR that is why he is demanding 3 mil because he knows teams will fork it out. I dont think he is worth 3 mil but if thats what it takes then do it. I am not confident throwing out Kasper and McCaddley on opening day. I would rather have a gadsden and Jenkins. The cards do not look like they want to sign a FA WR and they wont use a 1st rounder on one so that means we have to sign our own guys.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Check out these signings so far

Originally posted by azcardsfan1616
Wouldnt that mean there was production????? Anyway, nobody said this guy would be a 1,000 yard reciever but he is a #2 reciever on an average team and a #1 on a team like the cardianls. Who is out there or who do we have that is a legit #1 WR. The market this year is weak on WR that is why he is demanding 3 mil because he knows teams will fork it out. I dont think he is worth 3 mil but if thats what it takes then do it. I am not confident throwing out Kasper and McCaddley on opening day. I would rather have a gadsden and Jenkins. .

Yes I would rather have Gadsen and Jenkins, too. But 3M$/per????

Nope, McAddley had a 100 yd game last year and Kasper caught 2-3 TDs when he didn't even go thru training camp.

My argument is simply that Jenkins has not proved to me that he is worth 6x what we pay the others. :)

OP
OP
az643dp

az643dp

"The Tugboat"
Reaction score
Originally posted by AntSports Steve
Are you guys forgetting? Martay got benched from kickoff returns because 1) fumbles, 2) not giving it his all.

He was just running slow up the middle, or trying to go too much side to side. He had lost his killer instinct when he became the teams #3 WR. I guess he was afraid of getting injured and it showed.

MarTay did not get benched. He broke his scapula on a kickoff return and was out for the season after that.

Damien Anderson was an adventure back there. We were fortunate to get Kasper. He does a good job on retuns.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Check out these signings so far

Originally posted by azcardsfan1616
Wouldnt that mean there was production????? Anyway, nobody said this guy would be a 1,000 yard reciever but he is a #2 reciever on an average team and a #1 on a team like the cardianls. Who is out there or who do we have that is a legit #1 WR. The market this year is weak on WR that is why he is demanding 3 mil because he knows teams will fork it out. I dont think he is worth 3 mil but if thats what it takes then do it. I am not confident throwing out Kasper and McCaddley on opening day. I would rather have a gadsden and Jenkins. The cards do not look like they want to sign a FA WR and they wont use a 1st rounder on one so that means we have to sign our own guys.

I will not think shortsighted on the Cards and I hope they don't either - if we give him a contract of 3 mill this season, what do we do next year when there could be some decent receivers out there - cut him and absorb a cap hit? Screw that - Look, it's apparent that at this point the offense is going to be a running team and personally I saw more out of Mcaddley than I ever did out of Jenkins - go with the young guys if they won't go out and get a Curtis Conway or some one of that ilk, but don't overspend on a below average receiver just because he is your team and you already shot yourself in the foot - don't compound matters. And if we aren't looking to bring in any WR, then that's just another sign to me that Rod Graves is the dumbest man on the earth.