Marcus Golden

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
He looks terrible. When they finally called his name, I thought "Oh, he's playing?"

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was one play where they tried to run wide and the blocker cut his feet, he tried to get up and the blocker flipped him as he was getting up. You could see see the blocker after the play laughing about it and showing his teammate how he had lifted up the feet to make him fall down again. It was like watching a horror movie where the person trying to escape keeps falling down. I watch other games and the guys in that spot are the best athletes on the defense besides maybe a CB, for us, not athletic at all at this point. Great guy, plays hard, but done.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that sucks. I am better at being a Monday morning QB too.
This is an insipidly stupid attempt at an insult considering you’re talking to a guy who bashed Golden as slower than molasses all off season and thought it was ridiculous to depend on him as our best pass rusher and have been SLAMMING the team for not upgrading over him. It’s not Monday Morning QB’ing when you’ve bashed Golden all along.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
This is an insipidly stupid attempt at an insult considering you’re talking to a guy who bashed Golden as slower than molasses all off season and thought it was ridiculous to depend on him as our best pass rusher and have been SLAMMING the team for not upgrading over him. It’s not Monday Morning QB’ing when you’ve bashed Golden all along.
An insipidly stupid attempt at an insult? At least you are not passive aggressive. Great comeback.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Good thing we decided to extend him next year.
I was all for redoing his contract in the off-season as I believe he was indeed underpaid with 2.5 M a year with his production. Never thought his performance would fall off a cliff so quickly. How could a productive player become completely invisible in right next season in the same system? I am just baffled.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Golden has never put together back-to-back strong seasons. He's either had 10+ sacks or fewer than 5 sacks in a season, with nothing in between. Looks like we are getting one of his dud seasons this year.

We are nearly halfway through the season, and none of our edge players have more than 1 sack. Clearly this idea of a pass rush by way of a mediocre committee is not working.

OP
OP
P

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Golden has never put together back-to-back strong seasons. He's either had 10+ sacks or fewer than 5 sacks in a season, with nothing in between. Looks like we are getting one of his dud seasons this year.

We are nearly halfway through the season, and none of our edge players have more than 1 sack. Clearly this idea of a pass rush by way of a mediocre committee is not working.
Maybe but the guy always had a high motor. He would at least get pressure. Looks like he is hurt or just done.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Literally everyone said "Well done Golden. He deserves it. Great dude and he earned the extension".

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave