Manute Bol dies...

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- An associate of former NBA player Manute Bol says Bol has died at a Virginia hospital, where he was being treated for severe kidney trouble and a painful skin condition known as Stevens-Johnsons Syndrome.

Sudan Sunrise executive director Tom Prichard said in an e-mail that the 7-foot-6 Bol died Saturday morning at the University of Virginia Hospital in Charlottesville.

The 47-year-old Bol played 10 seasons in the NBA and later founded Sudan Sunrise, a humanitarian group based in Lenexa, Kan., that promotes reconciliation in Sudan. Bol played professionally with Washington, Golden State, Philadelphia and Miami.

Selected in the second round of the 1985 draft by the Washington Bullets, Bol was a shot-blocking force in the NBA despite his slight build. In his rookie season in Washington, he averaged a league-leading five blocks per game and ranks 14th in NBA history with 2,086 blocks.

Bol was hospitalized in mid-May during a stopover in Washington after returning to the United States from Sudan. Prichard says Sudan "and the world have lost a hero."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5305868

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sad news.
Bol was always a spectacle to watch. I remember the first time i saw him play on television and thought: "There's a gigantic spider on the floor wearing basketball shorts."
R.I.P.
The end of this clip really hit me.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard