Man Ram

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
this is prolly the biggest news in MLB in the last 5 years....

Wow... and this was the ONLY way the Dbacks were going to get back into the division race.. WOOHOO!

:stick:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
LOL!!!!! LOL!!!!! LOL!!!! I KNEW IT I FRICKIn KNEW IT!!!!!!!

Down goes the Dodgers!

Watch them go on a nice losing streak

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
LOL!!! The one guy everyone thought was clean. Barry will end up looking like a martyr through all of this, with the govt with egg all over their face. What a joke of a witch hunt, if this doesn't prove EVERYONE did it, then I don't know what will.

TJ

Reaction score
LOL!!! The one guy everyone thought was clean. Barry will end up looking like a martyr through all of this, with the govt with egg all over their face. What a joke of a witch hunt, if this doesn't prove EVERYONE did it, then I don't know what will.

Actually, Canseco is the martyr in all of this. He has fingered almost every single one of these PEDs users since 2005.

Who would of thought that his word would be gospel after his roid deal?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, Canseco is the martyr in all of this. He has fingered almost every single one of these PEDs users since 2005.

Especially since a few of the details in some of this books were clearly made up. (I think I heard a sports radio guy say as much)

OP
OP
MaoTosiFanClub

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score

His word isn't gospel, he's accused almost everybody in baseball of steroid use. You throw enough crap against the wall and eventually some of it will stick.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ramirez is expected to attribute the test results to medication received from a doctor for a personal medical issue, according to a source familiar with matter but not authorized to speak publicly.

haha!

TJ

Reaction score
ESPN saying it was for a prescription drug and not for roids.

Hmmm.......HGH?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dodgers should have to forfeit all the games won by using the illegal player...

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The suspension will cost Ramirez $7.7 million, or roughly 31% of his $25-million salary. Players in violation of baseball's drug policy are not paid during suspensions.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ESPN saying it was for a prescription drug and not for roids.

Hmmm.......HGH?

That's what Manny's camp is claiming. Every player who gets caught claims doctor prescription or a strange supplement. Can someone refresh me on the rules? What is the suspension policy on steroids versus stimulants. I thought it was shorter for first time offenders. Also, What is the suspension policy for other drugs?

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Found it on my own.
Positive steroid test results

• First positive test result: 50 game suspension
  • Second positive test result: 100 game suspension
  • Third positive test result: lifetime ban
All suspensions are without pay. In addition, a suspended player can be replaced on the active roster by another player. If a player is on the disabled list, the suspension is served while on the disabled list.
Failure to comply with treatment program

• First failure to comply: 15 to 25-day suspension or up to a $10,000 fine
  • Second failure to comply: 25 to 50-day suspension or up to a $25,000 fine
  • Third failure to comply: 50 to 75-day suspension or up to a $50,000 fine
  • Fourth failure to comply: at least a one-year suspension or up to a $100,000 fine.
  • Any subsequent failure(s) to comply: The level of the discipline will be determined by the Office of the Commissioner, consistent with the concept of progressive discipline.
Conviction for use of prohibited substances

• First offense: 15 to 30-day suspension or up to a $10,000 fine
  • Second offense: 30 to 90-day suspension or up to $50,000 fine
  • Third offense: One year suspension or up to $100,000 fine
  • Fourth offense: Two year suspension
  • Any subsequent offense(s): The level of the discipline will be determined by the Office of the Commissioner, consistent with the concept of progressive discipline.

Reaction score
I love how he tried to blame it on his doctor. The first time a professional athlete sincerely owns up to a mistake will be the first time.

DKCards

Reaction score
I still do not understand the overwhelming uproar of performance enhancing drugs in baseball. This is coming from a society that has a pill for everything. Can’t sleep- take a pill, can’t stay awake – drink something, can’t poop- take another pill, your back hurts- pop another pill, over weight- here another one for you, can’t get it up- here is a real PED; The list goes on and on with no end. A baseball player test positive for a PED and on their 1st offence get suspended for 50 days but can do Cocaine and only get 15 days. For PED it is a 3 strikes and you’re out policy but with cocaine, LSD, Heroin you get over 5 chances????? And many of the PED listed as banned in baseball are legal to take as well.

Doesn’t everyone want the best players playing their best in MLB? Please don’t tell me it is cheating the integrity of the game. If you are worried about that what about the PE (performance enhancing) videos they use to watch and perfect their technique, or the PE advance scouting that they get access too, or the PE diet they are on, or the PE advancements in bats, gloves, shoes and even sunglasses, or the PE strength and conditioning coach and trainer they have. The main purpose of all these things is to enhance the performance of said player is it not? Are they going to impose rules on the amount of proteins they can ingest, carbs, the amount of time they can work out? Its funny the amount of outrage HGH brings but using a computer program is applauded when they both artificially improve the players play.

Now I am not saying that every club house should be anabolic steroid supply house. If items are against the law to possess or take I don’t think they should be taking them. I just think the punishment should be in line with other banned substances.

PS. If you think they are cheating the old timers records don’t kid yourself. They were taking things to try to enhance their performance as well.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find it interesting that Manny loses his salary. Isn't there something to be said about the teams knowing or should know about the players usage?

Maybe it is just me, but when you pay a guy 20 million plus, don't you know something about what he does with his body?