Malcom Butler

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That’s my guess

You know this doesn’t seemed far fetched to believe. If I recall there are lots of practices in which Butler wasn’t running with the 1’s.

If he was contemplating retirement because of a personal matter why would he take the time to remove all Cardinals from his social media. The logical answer is bc he has beef with the Cardinals.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Butler is not starter material and gone, Cardinals are going to roll with a slot corner as their #1 outside corner, a guy who didn't play a snap in 3 years as #2 corner and a rookie 4th rounder to back them up?

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
speculation:

his contract is $3.25m guaranteed, with incentives to $6mm+ (IIRC)

so, he may be unhappy about not starting and being unlikely to earn the incentives

now, passing on the $3.25 because your pissed about the upside is either a power move, or, irrational

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your season hinges on a mediocre corner who was a bit of leftovers in the FA market after the initial rush of big ticket players signed, someone did a bad job of constructing the team.

if he’s sitting because he’s butt hurt over not starting, my guess is he eventually comes back. Walking away from 3.25 million bucks (and likely having to pay money already spent back) is a really bad life choice.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think it's exactly what's stated as personal and something far more personal than playing football. If his current mindset is retiring, well he never played an official down of regular season with the Cards so that makes sense he removed Cardinal related material from his social media and does not exactly mean it's a issue with the franchise. It's not like the guy was never a recognized pro, so he does not need to express a team he never had a down with which counted like a college kid who got a tryout but did not make a team. I just hope he and his family are alright and wish the best for whatever is casting a shadow on him

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Marco Wilson every had a chance to be remembered for more than throwing a shoe now is the time. I also bet that DB room is going be tighter group if it comes out that Butler just quit on them. Not sure how much that would help but it doesn't hurt the cause

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If your season hinges on a mediocre corner who was a bit of leftovers in the FA market after the initial rush of big ticket players signed, someone did a bad job of constructing the team.

if he’s sitting because he’s butt hurt over not starting, my guess is he eventually comes back. Walking away from 3.25 million bucks (and likely having to pay money already spent back) is a really bad life choice.
Does any NFL team deserve a player who would rather not play for them comeback? We are taking about a fringe #2 CB here. I say to hell with it. Make him pay the bonus back and let him "retire"