Making Room in S.F.??

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Rowand has $15 million left on his contract that they are eating. Biggest eaten contract in SF history.

That is Russ Ortiz territory, is it not?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
There's not much SF can do at this point to fix their anemic offense. Makes no sense to cut players unless they have some horses in AAA they believe can produce immediately.

EDIT: looks like they're calling up a pitcher and bringing Pat Burrell (hitting .233) off the DL.

These moves are for the future. Wonder if they are simply mailing it in for this season.

Last edited:

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
They have the worst BA in the majors this month. With a huge series coming up against us, this is a move that had to be made. A last ditch effort to fix their lineup and hitting woes, before its too late.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
There's not much SF can do at this point to fix their anemic offense. Makes no sense to cut players unless they have some horses in AAA they believe can produce immediately.

EDIT: looks like they're calling up a pitcher and bringing Pat Burrell (hitting .233) off the DL.

These moves are for the future. Wonder if they are simply mailing it in for this season.

This.... ;)

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
i am up here in the Bay area for another month and I can tell you they are in panic mode.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rowand has $15 million left on his contract that they are eating. Biggest eaten contract in SF history.

That is Russ Ortiz territory, is it not?

Barry Zito is making somewhere around $126 million to pitch in the minors or sit on the DL.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn