Mahomes vs Murray

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Murray has had to deal with being short all his life.

Murray had always had a harder time getting a date.

Murray needs a ladder in order to change the battery in his smoke alarm.

Murray sleeps in a child´s bed shaped like a sports car.

Murray gets his hair cut at the Barber College

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Murray has had to deal with being short all his life.

Murray had always had a harder time getting a date.

Murray needs a ladder in order to change the battery in his smoke alarm.

Murray sleeps in a child´s bed shaped like a sports car.

Murray gets his hair cut at the Barber College
I fully believe this. #SilverSpoonsvibes

You must be registered for see images attach

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Coming from you and SoonerLou means something. I follow OU and never expected to see this from him. I just wish he would take his craft seriously by diving into defenses. His comments about never needing to study or therabouts shows how high of a pedistal he puts himsef on.
to be fair, my OU degree was an Energy MBA so im not emotionally invested like my undergrad (Harvard of the SW, University of Arizona)

that makes it easier for me to say "good riddance K1, lets go get a football player"

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Watching Mahomes power through last night and it got me to thinking…Mahomes vs Murray
- both from Texas
- both played for Kingsbury
- both athletic QBs
- both cursed at their coaches on tv
- one will fight through a wall to win
- one supports his teammates
- one is dedicated to his craft
- one plays through pain
- one is a Super Bowl winner
Guess we got the “OTHER” one

What other similarities or differences do you all see?
I like Kyler Murray, and still think he can be a dynamic franchise QB, but Mahomes is that for sure and really the only thing they have in common at the moment which sticks out is a big contract... I was actually hesitant to respond because currently those two guys should not even be mentioned in the same sentence, least one gets struck by a lightning bolt from the football gods lol

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Hey, i hate on kyler as much as the next guy.
But lets be realistic. The situations are vastly different and that makes a huge difference in player development.

Here is a hot take for ya.... kyler is more talented than mahomes...not by much, but a little...and until this season he threw a much better deep ball.

But mahomes got to sit behind Alex Smith for a year...then got dropped into Andy Reids offense. Didnt Andy Reid go to the nfcc game like 4 years in a row with donovan mcnabb? The qb who couldnt get a job when he left the eagles?

Kyler got thrown to the wolves under the guidance of a failed college coach, in the toughest division in football while being supported by a defense filled with retirees and car salesmen.

I have often questioned or snarked on his heart, toughness,and guts.
But ask yourself this. Would you throw yourself headlong into a 300lb professional athlete to gain 1 yard for an organization that has done **** all to help you succeed?

Then, sometimes it takes a while for the switch to flip for some guys. It aint too late for Kyler Murray to have a HoF career
:biglaugh:

Hot take? It's a steaming something of a take, alright.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

Hot take? It's a steaming something of a take, alright.
Removed from height, Kyler is athletically more talented than Mahomes and that is a fact (and those are the major recruitment checks for kid coming out of high school and the college ranks and it shows by one playing for Oklahoma and the other for Tech), but unfortunately, brains or rather the willingness to learn, physical toughness and leadership skills which define the position just as importantly he has been lacking to say the least

OP
OP
C

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
I’m not ready to close the book on the kid but it is evident that someone needs to turn the 1,000 watt light bulb on Kyler! He has unbelievable talent but the decision for him to rely exclusively on his talent is frustrating. Think how great he could be if he had his talent with the brains of Payton Manning combined either the study habits of Tom Brady.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Removed from height, Kyler is athletically more talented than Mahomes and that is a fact (and those are the major recruitment checks for kid coming out of high school and the college ranks and it shows by one playing for Oklahoma and the other for Tech), but unfortunately, brains or rather the willingness to learn, physical toughness and leadership skills which define the position just as importantly he has been lacking to say the least
Or maybe just everyone was flat wrong it happens. Mahomes is an absolute freak who has done things on the football field that border on insanity. His physical ability on the field outside of coaching is off the charts. He’s made plays that Kyler could only dream. From incredible sidearm displays, breaking tackles, no look passes, the list goes on and on. To just state that as a fact is kinda silly. He does things that Kyler couldn’t dream of doing or shown in 4 full years he’s capable of doing. The only thing Kyler has that he’s absolutely better at is the ability to scramble. And Mahomes is no real slouch at that either.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or maybe just everyone was flat wrong it happens. Mahomes is an absolute freak who has done things on the football field that border on insanity. His physical ability on the field outside of coaching is off the charts. He’s made plays that Kyler could only dream. From incredible sidearm displays, breaking tackles, no look passes, the list goes on and on. To just state that as a fact is kinda silly. He does things that Kyler couldn’t dream of doing or shown in 4 full years he’s capable of doing. The only thing Kyler has that he’s absolutely better at is the ability to scramble. And Mahomes is no real slouch at that either.
Kyler is better at sliding. Mahomes will take a hit or two to gain yardage.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yeah, that. Add in that Mahomes is better at scrambling in the end because he doesn't have the small, mincing steps in his stride that allow slower defenders, even linemen, to catch Kyler on occasion.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose