Magic @ Suns Saturday game thread 2-12-22

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Seems like Craig and Holiday are pretty psyched to be here if tonight is any indication.

The Suns as of now are now not only the best team in the league, but the deepest. Mighty nice!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team is 1989/1990 Detroit Pistons Deep.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monty says he thinks the Suns can get to another level offensively and it shows.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Only bad thing is when Payton takes Cam Johnson out of seeing the ball. He was horrible in the first half, I don’t think CJ even got a touch while he was in.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha! Anyone see that girl flash her chest in the background in the after game with Leander and TC?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team is a MACHINE right now. One incredible 3 point shooting game by the Hawks away from winning another 18 games in a row.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or is the All-Star game SUPER LATE this season? We’ll only have 24 games after the break.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Only bad thing is when Payton takes Cam Johnson out of seeing the ball. He was horrible in the first half, I don’t think CJ even got a touch while he was in.
Payton for whatever reason I know he had 9 assists, but he has passes that are just a hair off and guys have to make a tough catch for a shot. And he’s not to your point, good at getting guys that need shots the ball.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Payton for whatever reason I know he had 9 assists, but he has passes that are just a hair off and guys have to make a tough catch for a shot. And he’s not to your point, good at getting guys that need shots the ball.

He’s lucky to be in with good finishers who bail him out.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The energy on the second unit tonight was as I expected, and the 16 point spread was a piece of cake! does anyone know if a 821 winning percentage is good for a NBA team?

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is it just me or is the All-Star game SUPER LATE this season? We’ll only have 24 games after the break.
I think because the NFL season added that extra game, and a break after the conference championship games that pushed the Superbowl back. so yes it is later than usual.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have been kinda wondering about Aaron Holiday and whether he might have more PGOF potential in him than Cam Payne. Cam seems to be playing at or near his ceiling. He can improve his shooting, but he just does not have the court vision necessary to be a staring pg on a championship level team.

Maybe AH does have some potential. It will be interesting to see what kind of learner he is. He is going to be able to watch CP3 every day.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Seeing Craig out there in that Valley jersey just had me feeling good vibes. Been listening to a lot of interviews with the players and the way they talk about Craig you can tell how much it means to them to have him back. And he just slid right back in like he never left.

This was just a nice, non stressful game that the Suns kept control of. Nice to see Paul get some time to rest and Craig and Holiday got a chance to get a good amount of time and both played well. The depth is scary and we’re still missing Cam and Landry.

Exciting times.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Had decent seats at game last night. Craig is a stud, he has a lot of McGee in his game in regard to just going 110% all the time. He was pumped even during warm ups. Having Craig come in for Bridges allows for having elite wing defense on the floor all the time. Efren is terrible, despite his numbers tonight. Holliday will play more and when Payne is back Efren should be gone. Also Crowder staring over Johnson is strictly political at this point

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns offense has only been cruising on the access road parallel to the freeway.

They are now heading down the on-ramp. Beep... Beep

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will say this about Payton last night, the offense played at a faster tempo with him in there.

Stat wise he had 10 points and 9 rebounds.

Let's give him some credit for filling-in while Payne and Shamet has been out.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I loved Torrey Craig didn't miss a beat. Holiday's shooting looked real good once the butterflies left. Those threes he made looked sweet! He may already be moving past Shammet on the depth chart, LOL!

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just watch the highlights. Holiday. Wow. Great addition.

Who gets the minutes when Payne comes back? Hopefully CP3 can get his minutes down.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave