Luka Doncic Rookie of the Year

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We really need to get Ayton some help. Good Lord.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm over ROY award, we all new Ayton was out of the running at Christmas. What I want to know is what Ayton is doing now? Is he working his but off or coming in over weight again?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'm over ROY award, we all new Ayton was out of the running at Christmas. What I want to know is what Ayton is doing now? Is he working his but off or coming in over weight again?
I have been wondering since we have seen Mikal working out in house. I know for at least one night Booker was there, too.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I haven't seen enough of Luka to see if he has that drive like Nash had to try and win every single game. Sometimes I see Luka's face and he looks like he's just cruising. Not like he's concerned if they lose. Just happy to play the game.

I saw the opposite. He was pretty clutch for a rookie... It’s kind of like Book’s situation where he’s clutch for a terrible team.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw the opposite. He was pretty clutch for a rookie... It’s kind of like Book’s situation where he’s clutch for a terrible team.

From what I saw he was a pretty good player for a rookie but he was pretty clutch even for a veteran.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
From what I saw he was a pretty good player for a rookie but he was pretty clutch even for a veteran.

Thats a better way of putting it. His feel and iq translated from Europe but you could tell he ran out of gas as the season went on. Apparently nutrition isn’t high on his scale of importance so we’ll see how he looks in year two.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Luka was like top 5 in 4th quarter scoring and had one of the sickest buzzer beaters I've ever seen before. Questioning his "clutchness" isn't a good look.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Well I’d never heard that term before. I looked it up, I guess it’s British?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes.

******** means balls. Saying something is ******** means it sucks.

But the dog's ********? Dogs lick their balls all the time. Must be the best thing in the world.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Have you actually watched Luka play?

Yes, I've watched Doncic play. I am a Suns fan so I watch almost all their games. I don't care about other teams. I've watched some Doncic highlights from Europe, the games vs the Suns last season, and some other highlights from the NBA season.

I think they both are very competitive, but I am talking about playing style.

Nash was a point guard. He zipped around and got people the ball, he went into the paint and out on the other side. He averaged 8+ assists and shot 50/40/90.

Doncic is more of a combo guard/point forward. He's slower and he takes more advantage of his size than his speed. He's crafty in a different way.

I don't think he'll influence the game as much. Nash made average players look great because they got so many open shots, often point blank. Doncic will be really good, but he doesn't remind me of Nash at all. And I doubt he'll ever be that good of a shooter.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Of course he is going to take advantage of his size- he is a point guard who has the size of a power forward. That also means he is going to be slower than Nash. I've watched Luka in Europe, and all but three NBA games last year. He looks exactly like a PF-sized Nash. Obviously, not as good of a shooter at this point.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Of course he is going to take advantage of his size- he is a point guard who has the size of a power forward. That also means he is going to be slower than Nash. I've watched Luka in Europe, and all but three NBA games last year. He looks exactly like a PF-sized Nash. Obviously, not as good of a shooter at this point.
I would say he's more of a Magic Johnson type player. Just the way he uses his size, and not necessarilly speed and cahnge of speed like Nash did.

OP
OP
Cardsmasochist

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m a Suns fan (well back when Colangelo owned the team) so it pains me to see Luka dominate like a future HOF’er while Ayton is average at best.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I’m a Suns fan (well back when Colangelo owned the team) so it pains me to see Luka dominate like a future HOF’er while Ayton is average at best.

I get that Ayton has flaws and he’s clearly not at Luka’s level, but he’s not “average” at best. He’s historically amongst the best ever at his position at his age.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
McD didn’t go on the pre-draft scouting trip to see Doncic. James Jones went with Sarver to Serbia apparently. That’s strange.

He also went on a podcast and stated he didn’t have full autonomy. No surprise there but interesting timing after Luka’s playoff performance so far.

It needs its own 30 for 30.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McD didn’t go on the pre-draft scouting trip to see Doncic. James Jones went with Sarver to Serbia apparently. That’s strange.

He also went on a podcast and stated he didn’t have full autonomy. No surprise there but interesting timing after Luka’s playoff performance so far.

It needs its own 30 for 30.

I'm guessing this might be the comment you may be referring too.

By Matthew Lissy, Bright Side of the Sun:

“I think our process could have been better as far as Luka’s evaluation in particular.” McDonough says, “He was still playing in Spain in 2018 in the playoffs which made it difficult. I was not able to go see him play late that year in May and June. Had I gone and seen him play, he dominated the playoffs in the Euro-league Final Four. Would we have arrived at a different conclusion? Keep in mind I did not have ultimate autonomy to make basketball decisions there.”

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/...-joins-chris-mannix-on-the-crossover-nba-show

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm guessing this might be the comment you may be referring too.

By Matthew Lissy, Bright Side of the Sun:

“I think our process could have been better as far as Luka’s evaluation in particular.” McDonough says, “He was still playing in Spain in 2018 in the playoffs which made it difficult. I was not able to go see him play late that year in May and June. Had I gone and seen him play, he dominated the playoffs in the Euro-league Final Four. Would we have arrived at a different conclusion? Keep in mind I did not have ultimate autonomy to make basketball decisions there.”

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/...-joins-chris-mannix-on-the-crossover-nba-show
The problem was never him, was it? He’s the Rose McGowan of professional sports.

He’s like a teenage quarterback complaining it was the rest of the team that caused them to have a 1-10 season, not him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose