Luka Doncic is an entitled p.o.s

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s the reality... the Suns gave up the chance to own their own destiny with Brix. That shows at least SOME evidence of giving up on him. Now if they do want to resign him, that likely means he flashed the rest of the season and now they are limited to re-signing him to a one-year qualifying offer. And as just noted; if the Suns are interested in getting him back, that inherently means there’s value there that other teams will be interested in as well, while not being confined to a self-imposed limited number to offer that the Suns have painted themselves into a corner.

And I do think they gave up the chance for exclusive control too early. Brix may not be able to shoot, but he has shown a verifiable quality on the court in only his second year as far as rebounding is concerned. He’s a good rebounder and a good energy guy. Those things can’t be taught.

Wait... this is Brix’s second year, right? That means they gave up believing he could really contribute after just one season. A top 10 pick who people knew would take a couple years of development.

Yeah... I think that’s gonna be a fail. Either he ends up being a solid back up big man or we just admitted we didn’t think our lotto pick could be moving forward.

Lots of good and great moves elsewhere but Brix right now looks like a miss one way or another.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here’s the reality... the Suns gave up the chance to own their own destiny with Brix. That shows at least SOME evidence of giving up on him. Now if they do want to resign him, that likely means he flashed the rest of the season and now they are limited to re-signing him to a one-year qualifying offer. And as just noted; if the Suns are interested in getting him back, that inherently means there’s value there that other teams will be interested in as well, while not being confined to a self-imposed limited number to offer that the Suns have painted themselves into a corner.

And I do think they gave up the chance for exclusive control too early. Brix may not be able to shoot, but he has shown a verifiable quality on the court in only his second year as far as rebounding is concerned. He’s a good rebounder and a good energy guy. Those things can’t be taught.

Wait... this is Brix’s second year, right? That means they gave up believing he could really contribute after just one season. A top 10 pick who people knew would take a couple years of development.

Yeah... I think that’s gonna be a fail. Either he ends up being a solid back up big man or we just admitted we didn’t think our lotto pick could be moving forward.

Lots of good and great moves elsewhere but Brix right now looks like a miss one way or another.
Didn't Philly do the same with Okafor?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I considered Fox in the same category as Jackson. Much more athletic than skilled. And that is even a more critical factor with a point guard than a wing. The difference is that Jackson was a total knucklehead. He could have been a great NBA player but he already thought he was great.
Fox was a really good ball handler even in college. To play the way he does and not be a turnover machine takes skill.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fox was a really good ball handler even in college. To play the way he does and not be a turnover machine takes skill.

What first caught my eye about Fox is the way he could get to the rim at will.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They waited until his 3rd year. The Suns gave up on Stix even earlier. I think Stix could be the first lottery pick to ever have his 3rd year option declined.
Yeah but not extending the number 3 pick his 3rd year is a much bigger deal than not extending an over-drafted number 10 pick during his 2nd.

I haven't looked it up but are you sure that someone like Thomas Robinson or Jimmer Fredette had their 3rd year options exercised? It seems to me that Jimmer was waived before his 3rd year?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The thing with Stix is it doesn’t matter what his skill level is he’s a controlled asset. By the way we drafted him knowing he was a project and not ready to contribute.

If you don’t think he’s going to be on the roster next year it doesn’t matter if you extend him. If your going to move him it cost you nothing.

It’s a bad business decision people keep trying to talk about basketball but this a business move that makes no sense.

It’s one thing if you want that roster spot now but we haven’t gone that route either.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best big that coach K has ever had? I certainly thought so...
Yeah, I thought he was going to be a stud. As I recall, I was pushing hard for him all season although one of our posters was arguing for KAT. I think I jumped ship and joined the Towns bandwagon late but I never thought Okafor would be such a bust.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing with Stix is it doesn’t matter what his skill level is he’s a controlled asset. By the way we drafted him knowing he was a project and not ready to contribute.

If you don’t think he’s going to be on the roster next year it doesn’t matter if you extend him. If your going to move him it cost you nothing.

It’s a bad business decision people keep trying to talk about basketball but this a business move that makes no sense.

It’s one thing if you want that roster spot now but we haven’t gone that route either.
Are you sure there aren't legitimate reasons not to extend a player if you have no intention of signing him and there isn't much of a market for him? I'm not knowledgable about things like this but it seems to me that there might be situations where a player might fit better as part of a trade if he doesn't have an extension in place.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are you sure there aren't legitimate reasons not to extend a player if you have no intention of signing him and there isn't much of a market for him? I'm not knowledgable about things like this but it seems to me that there might be situations where a player might fit better as part of a trade if he doesn't have an extension in place.

Are you more likely to trade for a young player knowing he’s under contract or going to be a free agent ?

I get a veteran and you want to free up money but he’s a raw project with upside.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you more likely to trade for a young player knowing he’s under contract or going to be a free agent ?

I get a veteran and you want to free up money but he’s a raw project with upside.

The Suns tried to trade Stix. Nada.

As I look at it, the Suns value the amount of money they would have to pay him next season (around $5 million) more than keeping his option.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Stix has only played 2 years, this being year 2, we won't even have his full bird rights this offseason. I don't believe a 1st round pick has ever had their option declined and resigned for less with his current team, especially a lottery pick. The Suns gave up on him by declining that option and it's been proven further by Hutchinson and Wainright seeing more time than Stix also.
Before you pose an argument you should really do your research. It’s close, but Wainwright and Hutchinson have NOT had more minutes than Smith this year.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Before you pose an argument you should really do your research. It’s close, but Wainwright and Hutchinson have NOT had more minutes than Smith this year.

Wainwright has played in 9 of the last 13 games, which is more than Stix, who has played in 6 of the last 13. Stix has played in 7 games since his options were declined. Wainwright and Stix have both played in 9 games.

Monty seems to be going to Wainwright more than Stix. Keep in mind Wainwright was signed October 21st, which is after the season started. Stix has seen a few more minutes but as the years gone on it's clear that Monty has used Ish more frequently, especially as of late.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wainwright has played in 9 of the last 13 games, which is more than Stix, who has played in 6 of the last 13. Stix has played in 7 games since his options were declined. Wainwright and Stix have both played in 9 games.

Monty seems to be going to Wainwright more than Stix. Keep in mind Wainwright was signed October 21st, which is after the season started. Stix has seen a few more minutes but as the years gone on it's clear that Monty has used Ish more frequently, especially as of late.

But what are the minutes played

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Number of games doesn’t matter. Minutes are what matters.

Whatever. You and Mainstreet can enjoy your kumbaya lamenting how Jalen Smith is being horribly treated.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Whatever. You and Mainstreet can enjoy your kumbaya lamenting how Jalen Smith is being horribly treated.

I never said he was treated horribly. The fact is the Suns have given up on developing him for their future. Can you refute that?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then why play him at all?

Because a) they have to as they are down players/size and b) to try and salvage something from the pick to convince another team he can be a piece of a trade.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Really?