Lost

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To me it seems as if there was a ool experiment going on then a huge accident occured and now they are stranded for the life of the experiment and no one from the outside is supposed to come to the island until a specified amount of time (years?).

In the meantime its a dog eat dog world.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hic sunt dracones - Here are dragons
Liberte te ex infernus - Save yourself from hell
Ut sit magna, tamen certe lenta ira decorum est - The wrath of the gods may be great, but it certainly is slow
Sursum corda - Lift up your hearts (to God)
Mallum consilium quod mutari non potest - It's a bad plan that can't be changed
Cogito ergo doleo - I think therefore I am depressed
Credo nos in fluctu eodem esse - I think we're on the same wavelength

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ooh, on that map one section says "Known Final Resting place of Magnuses (sp? can't make it out) Hanso/ Black Rock."

So, someone related to Alvar Hanso is buried with the pirate ship?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
To me it seems as if there was a ool experiment going on then a huge accident occured and now they are stranded for the life of the experiment and no one from the outside is supposed to come to the island until a specified amount of time (years?).

In the meantime its a dog eat dog world.

Yet they are still dropping supplies to them, so the experiment is kind of going on.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
LoyaltyisaCurse said:
Henry is definitely an "Other." Personally, I think his story about the balloon is true, but he is telling someone else's story that crashed on the island and the "Others" killed them...
At least I got something right for a change. :)

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
who's Nadia?

:shrug:

The girl that Sayid helped escape from prison in Iraq, and whose picture he still carries - the one that he was flying from Australia to LA to meet.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
The girl that Sayid helped escape from prison in Iraq, and whose picture he still carries - the one that he was flying from Australia to LA to meet.

Ah OK, I missed that, didnt make the connection. Thanks. :)

A-Bomb

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
:thud:
ok thanks!

That has been one of the trademarks of a lot of the flashbacks - that there are connections to other Losties in them.

maddogkf said:
:
I'm still curious on why Locke was in a wheel chair.....

I was hoping that would be resolved this episode, but means that there is at least one more Locke Flashback episode.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
:thud:
ok thanks!

I'm still curious on why Locke was in a wheel chair.....

At the beginning of the show, When I saw that there were thugs invloved and his dad stole from a mob type group I thought Locke got invloved somehow and the thugs were going to break his legs for being apart of his Dads scheme. Then they slam the door on his legs and thought for sure I was right and it was foreshadowing for what the next flash back scene was going to be.

Boy was I completely worng.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
At the beginning of the show, When I saw that there were thugs invloved and his dad stole from a mob type group I thought Locke got invloved somehow and the thugs were going to break his legs for being apart of his Dads scheme. Then they slam the door on his legs and thought for sure I was right and it was foreshadowing for what the next flash back scene was going to be.

Boy was I completely worng.

What makes you say so?
I thought the same thing, I'm sure many of us did. We still don't know that he didn't end up in a wheelchair with their help.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jenna2891 said:
that last picture breakdown described the phrases as french. they're latin, though.

Yeah, dumb of EW to do that. You think they'd get it, since the Latin has been translated all over the place.

BTW, a lot of people have pointed out that the people who drew the map seem to be two people...a man of faith, and a man of science.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
BTW, a lot of people have pointed out that the people who drew the map seem to be two people...a man of faith, and a man of science.

Which ties us back to the conversation that Desmond had with Jack in one of Jack's flashbacks...

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
jenna2891 said:

3 yrs of Latin & that's all I remember.... :)

(besides the 1st paragraph of Caesar's Commentary of the Gaellic Wars...

Gallia est omin divisa in partres tres. Quorum unum incollet Belgae, aliam Aquitana, tertiam qui absurbom lingae Celtae, noster Galli appelantur.)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard