Locker room chatter- what they are saying after the game. 10/13/19

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
How you are competing game to game is far more important in the grand scheme of a losing season than the total of wins. Suggesting that you are somehow significantly better at 5 wins than 4 is just a weird argument to me. Literally a missed or made extra point could be the difference in that 1 win.
Dan Quinn is going to get fired because he is competing in games but not winning them. It is the NFL. The margin between winning and losing is super thin. Every win matters and is significant. QBs and coaching are generally what swings the game.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Dan Quinn is going to get fired because he is competing in games but not winning them. It is the NFL. The margin between winning and losing is super thin. Every win matters and is significant. QBs and coaching are generally what swings the game.
We will just have to agree to disagree on this. I do not agree with the idea that you should put so much stock in record and ignore how you got to that record. As to the comparison to Quinn I would say that he is not a rookie head coach with a rookie QB and he also has quite a bit more talent on both sides of the ball than we do and thus a shorter leash for him makes sense.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How you are competing game to game is far more important in the grand scheme of a losing season than the total of wins. Suggesting that you are somehow significantly better at 5 wins than 4 is just a weird argument to me. Literally a missed or made extra point could be the difference in that 1 win.

jesus. i forgot I was dealing with someone who routinely changes people's arguments on the Suns board to fit their own. I said going from a 3 win team to a 5-6 win team is...

nevermind dude. I'm probably gonna have to deal with enough of the above kind of crap once the Suns season starts. don't need for it bleed over here as well.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's concerning that he's using him for a diversion but won't design a play for him yet.. who knows what's going on there.. hopefully we can implement him somewhere for a surprise burst play or two.
FWIW, Isabella was open all damn day. Every route he ran, he was open. Murray just doesn’t have chemistry with him yet so isn’t looking that way. Isabella will make his share of plays this year.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy that we have a QB who, if he develops, could be really good? Impatient to see how high our young QB can take his game? Excited to see how awesome this offense could potentially be?

The difference is that I set the bar higher because my expectations are higher. I expect him to throw the ball away when the play is dead. I expect him to reach the ball out and steal a couple yards when he can. I expect him to beat man coverage with his running ability. I expect him to be scary good with his accuracy. I expect him to be a competitive grinder who is never content. I expect him to be smart and not take unnecessary hits or negative plays. I expect him to be a leader who puts the game on his shoulders and makes the play to win. I expect him to make the offensive line better.

I don't talk about him throwing off his back foot anymore because I understand that it is his version of Drew Brees standing on his tip toes. Murray throws the ball like a fade away jump shot and that is how he mitigates his lack of height at times. If he is going to change that, it won't be done during the season. I talk about the little things that an inexperienced rookie QB can be expected to improve on over the course of a season.
This about sums it up for me also.

He has shown us that he has a lot of talent. But he still has room to improve and get better. It appears that he has the drive and desire to work toward those goals.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
FWIW, Isabella was open all damn day. Every route he ran, he was open. Murray just doesn’t have chemistry with him yet so isn’t looking that way. Isabella will make his share of plays this year.
Eh..one of those plays was the throw back to Williams for the TD.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Dan Quinn is going to get fired because he was brought in to improve an awful defense. If anything, their D has gotten worse. And, of course, he's not winning football games. The Falcons have solid ownership that expects to be in the playoffs EVERY year. Quinn has failed miserably as a HC. No one will ever forget blowing a 28-3 SB lead going into the 4th quarter. I remember feeling so bad for the Falcon's fanbase that day.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I didn't realize how great his arm is until this season. I am an Aggie so I followed him closely in college. But some of these throws he makes...... holy crap what an arm!

Watch the throw to Byrd. He didnt step into that. He slinged that ball going backwards with his body and got it there on a rope, right on the numbers. He is one hell of a great athlete. Then, his poise... i cant understand how a Cards fan isn't excited and hopeful at this point. We basically lucked into Warner and Palmer getting a second wind in their careers. Other than Plummer, who have the Cards drafted at QB that showed much promise at all in the last 30.years? Leinart did I suppose, but he did not show near the athleticism of Murray
First handful of Leinart's games I was pumped but yeah, this is unprecedented here. Jake too had the moxie but had about a tenth of the natural ability of K1.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
doesn't to me, mostly because a 4 win team likely is getting pulverized in most games and would only be a one win improvement from last season. a 5-11 team in most cases is woefully mediocre generally, has one surprising win and would be 2 wins better than last year.

and if we're talking the difference between 3-4 wins and 5-6 wins, then you're talking about one scenario where we're just as bad as last year or one win better... but the second scenario is at least 2 games better, if not 3. a difference of 2-3 wins in the NFL isn't a massive jump, but it's a solid progression coming from an abysmal 3 win team last year.
jesus. i forgot I was dealing with someone who routinely changes people's arguments on the Suns board to fit their own. I said going from a 3 win team to a 5-6 win team is...

nevermind dude. I'm probably gonna have to deal with enough of the above kind of crap once the Suns season starts. don't need for it bleed over here as well.

First of all read the first paragraph of the first post and tell me that doesn't come across as suggesting that 1 win makes a big difference. If that wasn't your intent than I don't see the point of even including that part.

Secondly feel free to look through my posting history and point out to me all of this twisting of arguments to fit my narrative. I may be guilty of sometimes misunderstanding a stance or responding before I finished reading the entire post, but please don't label me as essentially a liar based on that. I also am guilty of sometimes getting you and Ouchie's arguments mixed up as you tend to see eye to eye on most things and sometimes that means I am having similar arguments with both of you..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard