10 thoughts - Lions game

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1 – Freaking disgrace, Cardinals. Embarrassing to sleepwalk like that.

2 – They will miss out on the playoff. They will lose the last three, and they will miss out.

3 – I rarely criticize coaches’ playcall, just because the margin between success and failure is usually razor thin, but decisions are different. Going for it on fourth down on the first red zone trip, and then going for two late in the fourth quarter, down by 15? I don’t understand those decisions, and I don’t like them.

4 – Probably Rashad Lawrence’s best game.

5 – You can’t win when your o-line cannot move anybody.

6 -

You must be registered for see images attach

7 – Good thing that the salary cap will go back to being a non-issue next year, when it goes up 25 million, and will continue to go up year after year, so that the Cards can address some of the obvious weaknesses.

8 – Is Kyler Murray playing injured? I definitely still believe in him, but he doesn’t look like himself.

9 – The Lions screwed up their direct path to the #1 overall draft pick.

10 – Cards 1-8 against Jared Goff. Kingsbury 0-4 against Jared Goff.

I wish all of you a blessed Christmas for you and your loved ones.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
8- kyler won everything in HS and college...he was a God amongst mortals.
Then his first exposure to an NFL season slammed him back to reality and got in his head. IMHO...deep inside, he isn't sure he belongs among the best in the NFL...these guys are all bigger and stronger than him and many are faster...hell, a couple games back he got chased down from behind by a 300 pound DT.... the kid needs to get right in the head... he needs a healthy dose of that Jeff Garcia attitude

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
8- kyler won everything in HS and a lot college...he was a God amongst mortals.
Then his first exposure to an NFL season slammed him back to reality and got in his head. IMHO...deep inside, he isn't sure he belongs among the best in the NFL...these guys are all bigger and stronger than him and many are faster...hell, a couple games back he got chased down from behind by a 300 pound DT.... the kid needs to get right in the head... he needs a healthy dose of that Jeff Garcia attitude
Slight correction.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
the kid needs to get right in the head... he needs a healthy dose of that Jeff Garcia attitude
I agree, Oaken. Something is wrong, whether it is injury, mental hurdles, or both. He is missing throws, taking strange decisions, and overall are just not the playmaker he usually is.

Do you agree that it could easily last for the next three games, and thus cost the playoffs? I mean, it is two games against really good teams, and then there is no doubt that Seattle wants nothing more than to end the Cards’ dreams.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I dont think he has a killer mentality to be a SB level QB in the NFL. I think he has been hit, caught, chased down, and now injured enough to start to think..."Do I need this?".

Kyler already has "set for life" money. He thinks he could go play baseball...although I think he would struggle a lot more than he thinks....and he thinks he could just be a millenial celebrity and stream video games and be a social media presence.

Im not saying he's necessarily wrong in those thoughts...he probably could live a really nice life on what he has already done...but I don't see the kind of mental toughness needed to become elite. Right now he is not elite.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I agree, Oaken. Something is wrong, whether it is injury, mental hurdles, or both. He is missing throws, taking strange decisions, and overall are just not the playmaker he usually is.

Do you agree that it could easily last for the next three games, and thus cost the playoffs? I mean, it is two games against really good teams, and then there is no doubt that Seattle wants nothing more than to end the Cards’ dreams.
To play off a baseball term... I think he has the yips...
He's trying too hard...not letting the game come to him.

That pick by the linebacker for example. That's a fairly routine NFL pass...drop it over the backer into your wr...I would bet money he has made that throw maybe a thousand times in practice. But put some pressure on...prime time...clinching playoffs...and he is trying to be perfect...trying to live up to the hype...so he's not playing loose...

IMO he's not playing football at all. He's working football. He needs to forget all the BS and just go out there and play football like he's done his entire life and have fun at it.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Good lord Kyler is not injured
It was just a question, Shane. :) But I do think it is a legit question, since I think that something is wrong. I don’t know what, but something. Now, we can discuss what, but in reality, none of us know, and maybe we never will.

But I certainly understand your view. Maybe the only relevant excuse is that he is not mentally strong enough – at least right now.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I don't think he's injured.

In the past, when he's been injured, he's constantly stretching or flexing, or looking at the injury. It's noticeable. He hasn't been doing any of that the last two weeks.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

Just shows that teams don't lose games to better their draft position. Those dudes are playing for their career's. No team has ever tanked purposely, they just sucked.

Reaction score

2 – They will miss out on the playoff. They will lose the last three, and they will miss out.

3 – I rarely criticize coaches’ playcall, just because the margin between success and failure is usually razor thin, but decisions are different. Going for it on fourth down on the first red zone trip, and then going for two late in the fourth quarter, down by 15? I don’t understand those decisions, and I don’t like them.

6 -

7 – Good thing that the salary cap will go back to being a non-issue next year, when it goes up 25 million, and will continue to go up year after year, so that the Cards can address some of the obvious weaknesses.

8 – Is Kyler Murray playing injured? I definitely still believe in him, but he doesn’t look like himself.

Ghandi i expect more positivity, especially from you!

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

6 -

3 where did all the creative play calling go from KK in the red zone?

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just shows that teams don't lose games to better their draft position. Those dudes are playing for their career's. No team has ever tanked purposely, they just sucked.
I agree, WC. Like you, I don’t think it has ever happened. There are too many people with different motives to play hard involved, as you point out.

But to the fans, I think it must be annoying. I know that many fans disagree with me, but I did hope for losses when you are that close to the #1 overall pick. I think you can achieve a lot with it, and I believe that sometimes (but rarely) you need to lose in order to win. And yes, the same is certainly possible with the next couple of picks as well, but it is simply more fun to have #1 than #2 or #3.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ghandi i expect more positivity, especially from you!
KK, I am truly sorry. This game just hit me. I feel like it was sort of a signal that this team has not come as far in their development as I hoped and thought. I must honestly say that I felt a little betrayed by the team. That they had promised us so much during the season, but now that a division title and playoff spot were very much within reach, they did not even show up in a game they arguably should have won.

I am not quite as negative anymore.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose