Lindley is back

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike Jurecki ‏@mikejurecki 2m2 minutes ago
>> RT @RapSheet: #AZCardinals signed QB Ryan Lindley, I'm told. Formerly of the #Chargers practice squad and a former AZ draft pick.

Meh - as long as he is BEHIND Thomas.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There isn't a single person they could have signed that wouldn't be meh.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Not impressed but as long as he is ahead of Thomas that's the main thing. Matter of fact just sign another QB and put Thomas on the practice squad.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No big surprise, the odds were really high that it was either going to be Lindley or Dennis Dixon since BA wants someone who knows the system/playbook. The pickings for a competent backup QB are always pretty slim.

I really don't think Lindley or Logan Thomas are good choices, but if Stanton goes down then I guess you might as well throw LT into the fire to get game experience & see what he's got.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kent Somers ‏@kentsomers 22s23 seconds ago
#azcardinals place Palmer on IR, sign Ryan Lindley off Chargers practice squad.

hi

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don't think Lindley or Logan Thomas are good choices, but if Stanton goes down then I guess you might as well throw LT into the fire to get game experience & see what he's got.

Yup.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's a good signing as long as Stanton stays upright. Otherwise...

Steve

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
There isn't a single person they could have signed that wouldn't be meh.

I disagree.

Cause I am not saying, meh, I am saying WTF?

Horrible QB, I hope he is very far behind Logan Thomas.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least it better than having Ginn etc have to go in if Stanton or LT were to go down. But, yeah, if Stanton get ms hurt we are toast.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Why in the world would you put LT on the practice squad ?! He'd be claimed...

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yeah, it had to either be him or Dixon. There's no way that a QB with no experience in this offense, who wouldn't be getting reps in practice, could come in and learn it in time to do anything of use. Lindley isn't very good, but it's the safest choice.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No big surprise, the odds were really high that it was either going to be Lindley or Dennis Dixon since BA wants someone who knows the system/playbook. The pickings for a competent backup QB are always pretty slim.

I agree.. If Stanton goes down, lets put our left tackle there.. If anyone on this team can take a beating, It's Veldheer. :p

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Not impressed but as long as he is ahead of Thomas that's the main thing. Matter of fact just sign another QB and put Thomas on the practice squad.

Why would they cut him in favor of Thomas out of camp and then bring him back ahead of Thomas on the depth chart?

That would make no sense. I realize a lot of people will be gripping but the reality is that Thomas is now most likely the number 2 QB.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The first time this year I cannot understand this move. Understand the need of a QB but Lindley is horrible.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why would they cut him in favor of Thomas out of camp and then bring him back ahead of Thomas on the depth chart?

That would make no sense. I realize a lot of people will be gripping but the reality is that Thomas is now most likely the number 2 QB.

because they can only have 3 QBs, and they like the UPSIDE of Thomas better than lindley (who is a bum)

at this EXACT moment in time, lindley is probably the better QB. but as a 3rd stringer, the cards are looking at a couple years down the road. right now they both suck. lindley has reached his ceiling, but he sucks just a little bit less.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now lets replace him on the practice squad with Michael Sam.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The first time this year I cannot understand this move. Understand the need of a QB but Lindley is horrible.

Lindley knows the system. That's evidently important to this coaching staff, who hasn't merited much criticism this season.

I'm sorry, but we're not going to find any gems out there on practice squads and on couches. This is not a move worth criticizing. If a potential OBoF was a FA, he would've already been picked up.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree.. If Stanton goes down, lets put our left tackle there.. If anyone on this team can take a beating, It's Veldheer. :p

Yeah but only if we run the option. That way after the pitch, we already have a blocker out front!!

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Worst signing ever for the Cards! I have more faith in Dixon to complete passes than Thomas or Lindley. Neither the last 2 could complete more passes in a year than Carson could in 2 games lol