Letting Chriss go was a mistake

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bender is clearly better right now. Chriss is on the sideline moping, Bender is on the sideline cheering his teammates on. Clear win. If you can only keep one cheerleader, we chose wisely.

Bender wins the cheer leading contest no doubt. I was hoping both players would be better. I'm guessing McDonough wants a do-over.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
China and Europe are full of players who had the athletic ability to play in the NBA.

He'll play over seas eventually. What a waste cause man he flashed that first year

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Actually bothers me a little when i see Bender so excited on the bench. It almost seems like hes content and doesnt realize hes 10 minutes from being out of the league.

I was in Old Town hammered at 2:00am last weekend and saw him out at that same time. Stupid.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Actually bothers me a little when i see Bender so excited on the bench. It almost seems like hes content and doesnt realize hes 10 minutes from being out of the league.

I was in Old Town hammered at 2:00am last weekend and saw him out at that same time. Stupid.
There are plenty of reasons to be disappointed in Bender, but him being a good teammate seems like a silly one to me.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You were hammered, are you sure it wasn't some other tall doofus?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What a tremendous waste of time that great debate was.

I'm sure every member of the board argued with someone over one or the other at some point during their 2 seasons with the Suns. Chriss will end up being in the league a little bit longer but that's only because Houston will make the playoffs this year. I'd be surprised if D'Antoni lets him on the court though.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure every member of the board argued with someone over one or the other at some point during their 2 seasons with the Suns. Chriss will end up being in the league a little bit longer but that's only because Houston will make the playoffs this year. I'd be surprised if D'Antoni lets him on the court though.

If there's anyone of interest being released or bought out I could see Morey ridding himself of Chriss long before the playoffs.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Good news is that they are both still very young. Maybe a couple of years in G-League, China, Europe will help them get back to the NBA. They both have enough talent.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If there's anyone of interest being released or bought out I could see Morey ridding himself of Chriss long before the playoffs.

That's a possibility but they also have Melo to waive as well. According to some Rocket fans in that thread posted though they expect Chriss to be waived after the deadline if they can't deal him. I think that would be odd since there probably isn't interest around the league and typically only vets on bad teams have that happen unless they need a roster spot.

Here's a pic of Chriss' "cheerleading" on the sideline and I have to say that Bender has never looked that miserable.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, but as to the question of, “who is worse?” Clearly both!

If I haven't welcomed you aboard let me do so here.

We agree. I said as much earlier when I said, the answer is neither.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pretty incredible that the 2016 draft somehow ended up being even worse than the 2013 draft for the Suns.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
There is a reason Faried is starting and Chriss is buried at the end of the bench.
Right? If there is any team that would play him if they thought he could help them it is probably Houston. They are incredibly thin on the front line.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right? If there is any team that would play him if they thought he could help them it is probably Houston. They are incredibly thin on the front line.

If Chriss can't get playing time with Houston, he is going to have trouble finding time elsewhere.

The Nets might be a good destination for him. They get a lot out of their players.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Chriss can't get playing time with Houston, he is going to have trouble finding time elsewhere.

The Nets might be a good destination for him. They get a lot out of their players.

The Nets are also the team that bought out Faried. They don't need Chriss if they didn't need the guy who made sure Chriss stays glued to the bench.

I imagine Houston has tried to trade him with nothing coming about. They probably could have included him in the Melo dump on Chicago if the Bulls had interest but I doubt any team is very interested.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nets are also the team that bought out Faried. They don't need Chriss if they didn't need the guy who made sure Chriss stays glued to the bench.

I imagine Houston has tried to trade him with nothing coming about. They probably could have included him in the Melo dump on Chicago if the Bulls had interest but I doubt any team is very interested.

It's a good point about Faried. Maybe the Nets thought he wasn't part of their future plans. It's a puzzler for me because he can play.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Chriss.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's a good point about Faried. Maybe the Nets thought he wasn't part of their future plans. It's a puzzler for me because he can play.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Chriss.

They were going with youth and Dudley was their backup PF. Faried can play but I don't think he accepted the mentor role like Dudley did. He only played 12 games with Brooklyn this year before he was bought out and didn't seem as engaged as he was in Denver previously. I think it was fit more than anything. The Nets also started winning and he wasn't a part of that and if they couldn't find a trade, let him go. No need for a vet that didn't want to be there to potentially sour things on the bench.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave