LeSean McCoy: Kyler is Trash

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I’ve been saying this throughout all of the losing streak last year & into the start of this season. If our D can just play average & keep our opponents from creating 20 point leads, we always stand a chance to win. Our offense has to drastically change how they are scripting our first 15 plays. Kingsbury is getting schooled by our opponents in that area.
The offense has a role in this, though. That's 3-4 possessions where the offense hasn't scored AT ALL before the opponents can build a 20+ point lead.

The Arizona Cardinals offense is MUCH MORE concerning than the defense. In today's NFL, you can't just hope your defense locks down the opponent for three quarters until the offense gets untracked.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The offense has a role in this, though. That's 3-4 possessions where the offense hasn't scored AT ALL before the opponents can build a 20+ point lead.

The Arizona Cardinals offense is MUCH MORE concerning than the defense. In today's NFL, you can't just hope your defense locks down the opponent for three quarters until the offense gets untracked.
I didn’t say that our defense has to LOCK down the other team for 3 quarters. But, conversely, they can’t give up 3 consecutive scores to start every game for 3 straight games. Which, btw, we were the first defense in NFL history to accomplish such a feat.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who is taking out what trash today? I don't understand your statement here.
Not too difficult to figure out given that it was posted while we trailed 10-3 at the half. Are you being obtuse intentionally?

Dynomite

Veteran
Reaction score
Just like to point out that mahomes didn't do **** with Kliff as his coach either. Mahomes has been fortunate to not only be on a great team but have a great coach. Not saying he isn't good but you dont know how he would have developed on a different team. He wasn't that great in college.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were they all number one overall picks labeled as generational talents? :shrug:
Not at all. Baker Mayfield wasn't considered that. Neither was Jared Goff, Winston, Alex Smith, Sam Bradford, Winston and a host of others.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just like to point out that mahomes didn't do **** with Kliff as his coach either. Mahomes has been fortunate to not only be on a great team but have a great coach. Not saying he isn't good but you dont know how he would have developed on a different team. He wasn't that great in college.
Mahomes must have done SOMETHING with Kliff as coach, as I believe he was a high first round draft pick.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know if he’s trash but he’s definitely a QB who’s playing with zero confidence.

Beginning of the game, the dirt ball he threw to Moore on 4th down was ugly. Another deep one to Hollywood Brown was woefully short. That big 3rd down late to a WIDE OPEN Ertz where Ertz needed to turn and dive backwards to get it forcing him to the ground.

Clean pockets for all of them and none of them were even close to challenging throws and every single one of them was a terrible pass.

A good QB doesn’t miss those throws. I don’t know if that makes Kyler bad. But he’s not good right now.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t know if he’s trash but he’s definitely a QB who’s playing with zero confidence.

Beginning of the game, the dirt ball he threw to Moore on 4th down was ugly. Another deep one to Hollywood Brown was woefully short. That big 3rd down late to a WIDE OPEN Ertz where Ertz needed to turn and dive backwards to get it forcing him to the ground.

Clean pockets for all of them and none of them were even close to challenging throws and every single one of them was a terrible pass.

A good QB doesn’t miss those throws. I don’t know if that makes Kyler bad. But he’s not good right now.
What if Kyler is just Kevin Kolb who can run?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Clearly he’s not playing well, but who on the offensive side is tearing it up? Who? Moore dropped that pass on 4th down went right thru his hands, was it a perfect throw, no but has to be caught on 4th down. I’m telling you this whole offense has lost faith in KK to even put in a successful game plan. AJ Green, Hollywood, Dortch, Ertz, McBride, Moore, all being misused or not targeted enough in a creative game plan. Teams with lesser talent are scheming guys open more than we EVER see from KK. And of course our Oline is trash or hurt constantly…

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

This is where I can land. Whatever the "potential" of Kyler, he is playing terrible right now and arguably the worst of his career. Personally, I think the book is out on Kyler and he just is incapable if adjusting mentally. He wants to just continue to play his game which he has done his entire career. For all of Kliff's struggling, there are still plays to be made every week and Kyler just misses them.