Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

·
12m

Good news for #Cowboys QB Dak Prescott: His exclusive franchise tag number was recalculated and it’s now $31.409M, source said. Previously it was $26.824M. The tags are based on 2020 RFA numbers, and they are finalized after the RFA period ends.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

·
3m

To be clear: Exclusive franchise tags are based on the average of the top five QB salaries once the RFA signing period of the current league year ends. The original number is a placeholder. Now, $31.409M is the real number for Dak

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Adam Schefter
⁦‪@AdamSchefter‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

Giants’ DL Leonard Williams is signing his franchise tender, per source.

Question is whether it will pay him as a DE or DT; Williams thinks he’s the higher-priced DE, Giants think lower-priced DT. Difference is about $1.7 million in price.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

The #Saints are expected to sign FA QB Jameis Winston to a 1-year deal, as @CharlesRobinson said, as the former No. 1 overall pick is taking a less lucrative contract to learn from coach Sean Payton & Drew Brees.
:eek:

Damn. What a move. I know people hate on Jameis a lot, but that seems like a win for both sides. I can imagine him developing more there, and becoming the heir apparent to Brees.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:eek:

Damn. What a move. I know people hate on Jameis a lot, but that seems like a win for both sides. I can imagine him developing more there, and becoming the heir apparent to Brees.

you act as though there isn’t reasons to hate on him lol

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why?

You must be registered for see images attach

Hills touches were way down last year because SP didn't want to risk injury to his last back up QB while Brees was on the mend. I expect Hill we be utilized a great deal more this year. That is still a ton of money but it is really hard to keep up with the earning curve in the NFL, it seems to double and triple every year.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Sean Payton: Saints beat Panthers to punch for unsung QB late in draft

METAIRIE, La. -- The rivalry between the New Orleans Saints and Carolina Panthers extended into the late seventh round of this year's NFL draft.

Coach Sean Payton gave a behind-the-scenes breakdown to The Athletic of how the Saints decided to swoop in and draft quarterback/flex player Tommy Stevens before he had the chance to sign with Carolina as an undrafted free agent.

"There's no way I was going to lose this kid," Payton said of the former Mississippi State and Penn State quarterback who was often compared to the Saints' versatile Taysom Hill leading up to the draft.

"We know the role. We invented the role."

Stevens had previously worked with new Panthers offensive coordinator Joe Brady when Brady was a graduate assistant at Penn State. And Brady, of course, used to work as an offensive assistant with the Saints -- which added to the intrigue of this bidding war.

"It became my project," said Payton, who said the Saints first offered to match Carolina's offer (a $15,000 signing bonus and $30,000 of Stevens' salary guaranteed).

Then Payton said the Saints tried upping the offer to $144,000 of the salary guaranteed. But Stevens and agent Buddy Baker didn't budge because Stevens wanted to honor his commitment to Carolina.

So the Saints decided to outflank the Panthers by trading their 2021 sixth-round pick to the Houston Texans for a seventh-rounder this year. They took Stevens with the 240th overall pick.

According to Payton, he sent one text to Brady that said, "Not so fast," and another to Stevens and Baker that said, "I'm tired of asking. Now, I'm taking."

"I said, 'Honestly, I was having some fun,'" Payton said. "'You had given your word and I respect that. But we weren't going to lose you. You were going to become a Saint.'"

https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story...ronavirus-cost-least-12-billion-analysis-says

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson