Latest on possible Ariza trade

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Won't the Suns have to cut someone to maintain roster size??

Nope. They were down to 13 players before signing Eric Moreland the other day and he put them back to 14. Ariza out and Rivers and Oubre in puts us back at 15, the maximum amount possible.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't hate the trade...but the process certainly wasn't encouraging.

Not sure Oubre works out, but he's on the high end of what I was expecting out of an Ariza trade. My big concern now is the Suns giving Rivers a big role. If that happens, I don't like the trade.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nope. They were down to 13 players before signing Eric Moreland the other day and he put them back to 14. Ariza out and Rivers and Oubre in puts us back at 15, the maximum amount possible.

Thanks, I was searching on the internet and couldn't find the exact number of players that are "officially" on the Suns roster.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Are we sure we got the right Oubre?

All I his talk about the Suns passing on a better deal from the Lakers is crap. The only player the Lakers are known to have offered is KCP. On paper it looks like Oubre is better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

All I his talk about the Suns passing on a better deal from the Lakers is crap. The only player the Lakers are known to have offered is KCP. On paper it looks like Oubre is better.

I definitely like Oubre more than KCP.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oubre played for Kansas like Jackson. Maybe we're moving from getting Kentucky guards to Jayhawk forwards?

Yeah... I wish they wouldn’t.

I think it would be best for all involved if PHX just kept away from KU players.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

It's funny because a few days ago, people here were up in arms saying how Jones should be fired if he trades Ariza to the Lakers. Now people are complaining that he didn't trade Ariza to the Lakers. Some folks here can't be happy unless they are complaining.

It sounds like the Suns wanted one of the young "core" players from LA and they wouldn't give them up (Ball, Heart, Kuzma, etc). Phoenix wisely moved in a different direction. The whole three-way trade involving the Lakers sounded bizarre since the Lakers were completely unnecessary in any possible scenario.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
It's funny because a few days ago, people here were up in arms saying how Jones should be fired if he trades Ariza to the Lakers. Now people are complaining that he didn't trade Ariza to the Lakers. Some folks here can't be happy unless they are complaining.

It sounds like the Suns wanted one of the young "core" players from LA and they wouldn't give them up (Ball, Heart, Kuzma, etc). Phoenix wisely moved in a different direction. The whole three-way trade involving the Lakers sounded bizarre since the Lakers were completely unnecessary in any possible scenario.

Nobody is going to believe the Suns can do anything right until they win some games. Sarver and Co. dug themselves into this hole. It’s not gonna be easy to get out.

Takeo

Reaction score
I’ve always liked Oubre. Another athletic wing in the era of positionless ball. He’s strong, plays decent d and hops. And he fits the timeline.

Rivers is irrelevant.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Do we have any Los Angeles locals or other Clippers watchers here that can tell us more about Rivers?
His stats over the last two years in LA actually look pretty good. Does anyone have more insight?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard