Latest on possible Ariza trade

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Josh Hart would have been a steal. This was not going to happen.

So...the Suns' primary targets in the trade were a guy in Hart whom they could have easily traded up three spots to draft last year and a guy in Dillon Brooks whom they passed on for Davon Reed. The horrible mishandling of our high second round pick last year was almost as bad as what McDonough did in the 2016 draft, in my opinion.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns come out of the Ariza trade with a usable piece in Oubre, sometimes luck is better than planning. I always thought the best piece was going to the Grizzlies. The key question is whether the Suns can afford to keep him.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If the Suns come out of the Ariza trade with a usable piece in Oubre, sometimes luck is better than planning. I always thought the best piece was going to the Grizzlies. The key question is whether the Suns can afford to keep him.
Fortunately if the plan is to audition him than the team has like 2/3 of the season to get a look. Seems to me that having his bird rights is a big reason for getting him. Both because it makes him controllable if we want to keep him and because it makes him a more valuable trade assett if we choose to flip him in another trade.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fortunately if the plan is to audition him than the team has like 2/3 of the season to get a look. Seems to me that having his bird rights is a big reason for getting him. Both because it makes him controllable if we want to keep him and because it makes him a more valuable trade assett if we choose to flip him in another trade.

Also Oubre is a restricted free agent so the Suns could do a sign and trade if they decide not to keep him.
There is always a possibility the Suns might use a wing to trade for a point guard.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Yeah the radio show surprised me as that was the first I've heard of Sarver not wanting to deal with the Lakers just because they're the Lakers.

They were going off a tweet by Aldridge or Stein. I can’t remember which one.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I strongly dislike Sarver, too. But I have no problem with him interfering if Jones was planning to gift Ariza to the Lakers.

But again, that possibility makes you question the hire of Jones as "acting" GM. You have to wonder what his real motives are, and if they are in the best interest of the team, or he is more interested in doing favors for old friends on other teams around the league.

The Oubre deal was the best of all the reasonable outcomes we have heard of thus far.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn