Latest on possible Ariza trade

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
AND...James Jones' total incompetence and unfitness for the GM position shines through. We need a real GM something awful.
James Jones thought he was a sorority sister being invited to a frat party as the prettiest.

Unbeknownst to him, the brothers were giving a prize for the ugliest date. If I remember right, that used to be called a pig party.

James Jones is the newest pig. :) Inexperienced, unqualified and doesn't even have the GM title. Just another scapegoat.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
LMAO this is such a Suns move to not get the correct player in the trade. The only thing saving Jones is the fact that the trade can’t be official until midnight

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
So who will if finally be? Marshon Brooks, Dillon Brooks, Mel Brooks, Avery Brooks, Albert Brooks, Our Miss Brooks? I'm leaning towards Mr. Brooks, we need a good serial killer in our organization.

I think you left out Foster Brooks. I know he's dead (RIP), but still would likely be a better option than whoever we end up with.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Any chance this was all a ruse, so now the trade is off, they can just gift Ariza to the Lakers, and they can say to the angry public "hey, we TRIED to trade him to a team other than the Lakers"?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting Shelvin Mack out of this trade would be helpful but I'd rather have Dillon Brooks.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

And now everyone* will talk about what a good deal it was just so they can bash James Jones some more. Hate it 10 minutes ago, love it now that it's not a reality.

*Not everyone but the usual suspects who complain about every move that is made, or isn't made, by the Suns.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

And now everyone will talk about what a good deal it was just so they can bash James Jones some more. Hate it 10 minutes ago, love it now that it's not a reality.

Yep! Jones could turn Ariza into KD and people would find a reason to complain.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So will Sarver let us talk to the Lakers.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Lol. This further cements the Suns as the laughing stock of the league. They can’t even get the name of the player they traded for right.

Can this team fall any lower?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
James Jones saved from his own horrible incompetence...by his own horrible incompetence. At this point, I don't let him anywhere near a trade, and I don't make any personnel moves until we get an actual qualified GM on board.

Sunburst

Veteran
Reaction score
This team is the laughingstock of all professional sports

Sarver Twitter video #2 in 3...2...1...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The deal would need to include a different third team.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Lol. This further cements the Suns as the laughing stock of the league. They can’t even get the name of the player they traded for right.

It was Washington that screwed up the names. Of course, they are a mess just like us. Seem like perfect trade partners

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it works out better for Phoenix. LMAO

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

You just know James jones was like “I’m the best! I can’t believe I swindled them outta Dillon brooks! I’m so getting a raise! . . . huh?!?”

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
If what the reports are saying is true (that Suns/Grizzlies were not in contact) then it's a little more forgivable. Though, given the recent history, Phoenix will still end up being the butt end of many jokes as a result.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Updating a previous item, Kelly Oubre has not been traded to the Grizzlies.

Wow. He's going to be in an awkward position now because the Wizards wanted to deal him away, and they would have if not for the Suns being the Suns. There's still a chance Oubre is traded here, but for now expect him to stay with the Wizards in the short term.

Dec 14 - 11:09 PM

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn