Larry

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm actually surprised at all the no's
Did this Rams loss really cripple you all that much? Lol this is insane

I’m surprised at how much some fans can watch football, talk football and still not actually UNDERSTAND football.

Bringing Larry back would just plop a good WR on to the field. It would be plopping an older than dirt, over the hill, not in game shape WR into the lineup that would dramatically change all the different positions the WRs have been playing and learning all season... for the worse.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’m not about bringing him back but to use 2018 and 2019 as a reference is a bit absurd. I mean Rosen/Bradford(2018)in one of the worst offensive systems I’ve ever seen and a rookie Kyler (2019) is not gonna put anyone in a situation to succeed. Even last year after they traded for Hop and were obviously fazing him out is a bad example.

All that being said I don’t see how it makes sense to bring him back.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not about bringing him back but to use 2018 and 2019 as a reference is a bit absurd. I mean Rosen/Bradford(2018)in one of the worst offensive systems I’ve ever seen and a rookie Kyler (2019) is not gonna put anyone in a situation to succeed. Even last year after they traded for Hop and were obviously fazing him out is a bad example.

All that being said I don’t see how it makes sense to bring him back.
Really good WRs put up big numbers in poor systems all the freaking time in this league. Using that as an excuse for his clear decline is kinda weird. Just watching him on the field is glaringly obvious he’s not the same player and not even close to it.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Wow I don’t get the Fitz hatred but to say Fitz can’t play anymore is like saying Tom Brady sucks because he is old. He would be more like a Zack Ertz but would still have the best hands on the field. I would love to see Fitz back for the rest of the season.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow I don’t get the Fitz hatred but to say Fitz can’t play anymore is like saying Tom Brady sucks because he is old. He would be more like a Zack Ertz but would still have the best hands on the field. I would love to see Fitz back for the rest of the season.
The comparison isn’t even close to the same hemisphere. In facts it’s beyond ludicrous. Brady is still playing at an all pro level and Fitz hasent been at that level in 4 years or longer for goodnesss sake… Nobody hates him. We just recognize he’s done. It’s just that simple.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Really good WRs put up big numbers in poor systems all the freaking time in this league. Using that as an excuse for his clear decline is kinda weird. Just watching him on the field is glaringly obvious he’s not the same player and not even close to it.
Who said he was a really good WR at this point? And when did I say that is the reason for his decline? All I said was that its absurd to use those years and his stats in those years as a reference.

I could be wrong but most people that want him back are wanting it from a pure nostalgia stand point. “Bring the beloved vet back and maybe get him a ring” type sentiment.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have a better chance at winning the lottery than Larry coming back so...............it ain't happening so why keep going back & forth about it lol?

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Hell yea, quit whining about he doesn’t have and appreciate what he does have, flypaper hands and elite character. H would contribute, maybe a bunch.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Extremely fringe
I mean....I think I have mild PTSD from watching how bad Fitz was last year. His highlight reel would consist of 7 yard passes on 3rd and 5 and low light reel would consist of whiffing on blocks for Hopkins on bubble screens.

It always sucks to watch one of your favorite athletes become a shell of their former selves, and Fitz last year wasn't even a serviceable player anymore. During Murray's rookie year, he was, but last season he moved into net negative territory.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean....I think I have mild PTSD from watching how bad Fitz was last year. His highlight reel would consist of 7 yard passes on 3rd and 5 and low light reel would consist of whiffing on blocks for Hopkins on bubble screens.

It always sucks to watch one of your favorite athletes become a shell of their former selves, and Fitz last year wasn't even a serviceable player anymore. During Murray's rookie year, he was, but last season he moved into net negative territory.
100% but people here refuse to see it due to his history. Its kind of pathetic lol... They come back with "you can't catch what isn't thrown" Good lord...

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
100% but people here refuse to see it due to his history. Its kind of pathetic lol... They come back with "you can't catch what isn't thrown" Good lord...
And receivers don't get passes thrown their way when they are blanketed by run down ILBs.

That's how I knew Fitz was cooked, you'd see thumpers effectively covering him the slot last year. What the Fitz backers aren't getting is that you can compare Kirk's performance this year vs. Fitz to see the difference in an effective player vs. an ineffective player.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I’m good with the way he went out. His leadership came through his play. He’s not a vocal leader, so that doesn’t help the team.
He’s way too slow now. Hopkins 12 yard out pattern would be a 3 yard out pattern for Fitz.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rice wasn't out running anyone his first year in Oakland...he was what 40? I believe he was very successful those couple years too. Game plan is all it takes. All this washed up talk is over the top.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
4th and 1 at the TB 4....you all are seriously saying Larry is to old and to slow to make a play? Get out of here

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rice wasn't out running anyone his first year in Oakland...he was what 40? I believe he was very successful those couple years too. Game plan is all it takes. All this washed up talk is over the top.
Did Jerry Rice ever have a season where he averages 7 YPC and had only 1 TD? I already know the answer but feel free to go and check. Did he also literally regress right in front of your eyes and couldn't get separation from a LBer? Go check out his stats and check the tape and let me know what you find?

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Funny how Bickley was going crazy on the Larry needs to comeback train today. This is from same person that speculated Larry didnt return cause he couldn't get along with K1 smh

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson