Larry Fitzgerald coughs up blood during win....

thephoenixson28

All Star
Reaction score
Much to the delight of Larry Fitzgerald Sr., Cardinals receiver Early Doucet didn’t do anything to screw up the team’s 23-20 overtime win over the Seahawks on Sunday.

However, the victory was bittersweet for the elder Fitzgerald, as his son came away with a scare.

Per ESPN, an MRI revealed that Larry Fitzgerald suffered a bruised lung during the game, and was seen coughing up blood on the sidelines.

The “definitive results” won’t be known until Monday morning, which dad confirmed on Twitter.

“Cardinals Pro Bowler Larry Fitzgerald suffered a Lung injury was spitting up blood on sidelines. Will have MRI MONDAY,” Fitzgerald Sr. tweeted.

After Fitzgerald “took a hard shot,” he was checked for a concussion by the Cards’ medical staff, who realized that it’s instead a chest ailment.

It sounds painful, but if Fitz was hurting, it certainly didn’t show in his play.

Totaling 149 yards on nine receptions, Fitzgerald impressively snagged a pair of clutch grabs on Arizona’s final drive, looking animated after both.

He finished his sixth Pro Bowl season with 80 catches, 1,411 yards, and eight scores, doing so with an inconsistent quarterback situation.

With all due respect to the Johnson’s — Calvin and Andre — Fitzgerald reaffirmed himself as the NFL’s best receiver this year.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I could tell he was hurt, but he just kept running out there and making plays. He put the team on his back in a game that meant nothing and we won the game.

That's heart.

That's Larry Fitzgerald. #FFF

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I seen the blood but thought it was a bust in the mouth or something that happens fairly regular, didn't know it was internal injury. Boy was in a car wreck!

If they knew it was internal, he should have been pulled from the game,

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Favorite athlete of all time.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I seen the blood but thought it was a bust in the mouth or something that happens fairly regular, didn't know it was internal injury. Boy was in a car wreck!

If they knew it was internal, he should have been pulled from the game,

Cardinal doctors are being bashed on Mike and Mike this morning for allowing Fitz to stay in the game. That may or may not be warranted. Of course, they are glorifying Tomlin for making the decision to not play Clark in Denver. Like that's a hard decision. My God, the guy almost died & lost internal organs the last time he played in Denver. Typical Steeler butt kissing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson