Lakers @ Suns Tuesday game thread 11-22-2022

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good grief, I just watched a clip from undisputed this morning and they acted like Booker is some thug, and that they fully support Beverly and wished he'd have gone after Book and hit Ayton harder.

Shannon was encouraging the Lakers to go after Book in the next game we play. Are they out of their minds? The foul was just a blocked shot with a bit of follow through, it wasn't an intentional strike at all.

Back in the 90's it would not have even been a foul call, let alone a flagrant or a reason to start a fight.

Yeah it was really bad. The Booker play was a normal basketball play nothing dirty at all.

Idk man part of me thinks the Suns need to just set it off next time that dude is on the court. No reason Ish shouldn’t just crack him. You can’t keep letting people do that to you

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised they called a flagrant foul on Booker. I'm guessing if Beverley hadn't tackled Ayton it would have just been a normal foul.
I don't think he got his money's worth for that flagrant but I would have called it too. It just didn't look like a normal follow through and it involved contact to the head so pretty easy call IMO.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I don't think he got his money's worth for that flagrant but I would have called it too. It just didn't look like a normal follow through and it involved contact to the head so pretty easy call IMO.
Completely disagree. He blocked the ball twice and after the 2nd one his arm was directly above his head and just the gravity if his arm coming back down caused his hand to make contact. There was no wind up whatsoever, no intent to hurt anyone and the contact was pretty weak. No chance that should be a flagrant IMO. The current league is pretty damn soft though, so many refs may disagree.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I actually thought it was taunting at first, but on replay I think he was checking on the kid.

If you watch the replay in slow mo his right hand starts to drop and go down towards Reeves. This is right before AD’s right foot goes under where Aytons left foot was about to step, Ayton does some sort of toe tap.

What is funny is that both Lakers player step over Reeves.

Also Pat did this when a series was over in the semis two seasons ago, but now everyone loves it this time?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Duane Washington Jr is actually a terrible shooter which you wouldn’t notice from the eye test. It seems like he makes most of his shots.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duane Washington Jr is actually a terrible shooter which you wouldn’t notice from the eye test. It seems like he makes most of his shots.

I have high hopes for Washington as a third point guard. While he doesn't shoot a high percentage, he looks to be a streak shooter.

Suns need to get him to think pass more. He can create his own shot so that is a plus. The Suns don't have many of these players.

At only 22 I hope the Suns keep developing him.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have high hopes for Washington as a third point guard. While he doesn't shoot a high percentage, he looks to be a streak shooter.

Suns need to get him to think pass more. He can create his own shot so that is a plus. The Suns don't have many of these players.

At only 22 I hope the Suns keep developing him.

I’m happy with him as a mini flame thrower as a tertiary option.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Anthony Davis should rethink his position.

I'd be worried about my back if I were playing for the Lakers and not from opponents.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I remember that headbutt by Patrick Beverley. Devin Booker's nose was broken in three places.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Absurd that he makes that much considering what he actually provides in basketball numbers and also the kind of crap he does and sometimes is allowed to do

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA failing AGAIN. It would be one thing if this was not a pattern of behavior but it is. Should have been for minimum of 10 games.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA failing AGAIN. It would be one thing if this was not a pattern of behavior but it is. Should have been for minimum of 10 games.

I wanted Beverley to be suspended 5 games but a 3 game suspension is a step in the right direction.

It lays the groundwork for him to be suspended 5-10 games if it happens again.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
U They don’t call that a travel on a star
NPZ wpH NC
Yeah, Bridges has developed as a scorer when the Suns need points.
B, b
I remember that headbutt by Patrick Beverley. Devin Booker's nose was broken in three places.

Man I forgot about this. Beverly has issues wth Suns players. Those cheap shot pushes to the backs of Ayton & CP3 and head butt to Booker's face. Yeah he needs more punishment than 3 games suspension. He needs a lession to remember no doubt about it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NPZ wpH NC

B, b

Man I forgot about this. Beverly has issues wth Suns players. Those cheap shot pushes to the backs of Ayton & CP3 and head butt to Booker's face. Yeah he needs more punishment than 3 games suspension. He needs a lession to remember no doubt about it.

Yes, a three game suspension is not enough but it is two more games than I thought Beverley would get, so it's a start.

He was only suspended one game for pushing Chris Paul in the back.

I'm not into enforcers but if Beverley ever messed with Okogie, I think he would regret it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, a three game suspension is not enough but it is two more games than I thought Beverley would get, so it's a start.

He was only suspended one game for pushing Chris Paul in the back.

I'm not into enforcers but if Beverley ever messed with Okogie, I think he would regret it.
The problem is, Beverley is usually pretty good at creating a little doubt as to intent on his cheap shots (such as the head butting that he's used and got away with on Devin and other players). And yeah, 3 Games is a step in the right direction. For most players, a blindsided charge like that would have just been a one game suspension.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose