Lakers @ Suns 11-16-15

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
And finally Hornacek is playing Goodwin consistently.

Goodwin and Warren are our best bench players.

I am disappointed in how slowly Len is developing, I am afraid his ceiling is a lot lower than what I thought could be possible.

Len was better than Goodwin last night. Goodwin has the moves but can't finish. Len showed really good hands on a couple of plays.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Yeah but then he has trouble finishing plays through contact from a 6' guard.

Alex is just so soft and weak. His finishing is often cringeworthy and he does not protect the rim well against penetration despite his solid block numbers.

Unlike Goodwin he has gotten consistent minutes for more than a year now.

frankeegee1

All Star
Reaction score
Could you elaborate or explain your thoughts on your last post about Alex being soft and weak and not protecting the rim "despite his solid block numbers". Thx.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Teletovic and Weems are not NBA caliber players. Teletovic is awful imo.

Tele is going to be fine. He battled blood clots last year and is now just recovering from mono. He is a pure shooter and that will be useful. Not sure about Weems.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Tele is going to be fine. He battled blood clots last year and is now just recovering from mono. He is a pure shooter and that will be useful. Not sure about Weems.

A pure shooter that has never shot even 40% in the NBA , excuse me when I say that is BS.

Teletovic can't move his feet, can't get off the ground and generally looks clueless especially on defense.

Thank god it is a 1 year contract only.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I'm not sure what happened over the summer but Bledsoe's body language and engagement with the team looks so much better than it did last year. He always struck me as a quiet, more introverted kinda guy but he seems to be coming out of his shell and really got the team and the crowd into it.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I'm not sure what happened over the summer but Bledsoe's body language and engagement with the team looks so much better than it did last year. He always struck me as a quiet, more introverted kinda guy but he seems to be coming out of his shell and really got the team and the crowd into it.
Backcourt was just too crowded and he had 2 other backcourt mates that were un-happy with their roles and were actually more expected to have the leadership roles. This year he is being asked to be that leader while also having more responsibility on the court and it is forcing him out of his shell.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

I guess, but he also manages to finish plays after getting bumped by a big.

Alex is just so soft and weak.

I really don't see that. He lacks quickness and his lower-body coordination can be clumsy, but I don't see him as soft. He's not strong like Cousins or a younger Howard, but not too many people are.

His finishing is often cringeworthy and he does not protect the rim well against penetration despite his solid block numbers.

So how is Goodwin better exactly? Goodwin is a turnover machine, constantly gets himself hung in the air with nowhere to go, and can spend entire defensive sequences not knowing where his man is. Oh, and he can't shoot.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like what that 4th quarter line up was able to do.

Knight - Goodwin - Warren - Teletovic- Len

Bledsoe and Knight seem to be meshing well.
7 players in double figures.

I like the potential of the Suns bench. As you note, they played nicely with a starter and four bench players. That group played with some fire. I'm so excited if Goodwin can contribute.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Len was better than Goodwin last night. Goodwin has the moves but can't finish. Len showed really good hands on a couple of plays.

it is really sad when this is the best thing we can say about this kid so far this season... that he showed good hands on a couple plays.

what a disappointment he's been since he flashed a solid month of ball midway through last season.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score

Alex is just so soft and weak. His finishing is often cringeworthy and he does not protect the rim well against penetration despite his solid block numbers.

Unlike Goodwin he has gotten consistent minutes for more than a year now.

^Great word! Describes him perfectly.:cheers:

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
it is really sad when this is the best thing we can say about this kid so far this season... that he showed good hands on a couple plays.

what a disappointment he's been since he flashed a solid month of ball midway through last season.

He is only a disappointment if you thought he would be a finished product already rather than an ongoing project.

I would like to see him further along than he is but I am not disappointed in the pick or him as a player at all.

He is going to have some big games this year and people will wonder where it came from. He needs some confidence and needs to just work his practiced moves instead of the hesitation and 'panic' we see from him when given an opportunity now. He is falling away, leaning in, and trying to create extra space after completing a move when he just needs to go straight up and shoot.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Still better than Goodwin.

Depends on what your expectations were. Right now he's probably above average among the league's true backup centers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Still better than Goodwin.

that ain't saying much.

Depends on what your expectations were. Right now he's probably above average among the league's true backup centers.

my expectations were nothing when we drafted him. I thought he'd be a complete stiff. Then I got duped by one solid stretch.

still pissed we didn't draft Noel.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He is only a disappointment if you thought he would be a finished product already rather than an ongoing project.

no... he can be disappointing very easily simply because he's seemingly regressing in the year he should be taking a step forward.

talking about Len doesn't have to be black and white.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
I don't see Len regressing at all.

I see the inconsistency of a young player.

If anyone thought they would see a consistent NBA starter at this point I can understand the disappointment. Otherwise :shrug:

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score

If anyone thought they would see a consistent NBA starter at this point I can understand the disappointment. Otherwise :shrug:

LOL! From what universe are you watching from?:lmao:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

black and white again. believing he had to be a consistent starter is the only way you can understand the disappointment? okay Chaz.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Goodwin can play backup PG this will buy him more time on the court and more time to develop. This would be a huge development. Sort of the same with Len at backup center. If they can play and get regular minutes, it gives them the best opportunity to improve. I'm not disappointed in Goodwin or Len at this stage in their career. Sure I would like to have both of them further along but there is still plenty of time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody still hate the Knight acquisition?

No, although I believe the Suns need to expand their focus from a two PG system. However, that is where the talent is right now so the Suns can't neglect their strength. I want the Suns to get more players involved.

I do miss that Lakers pick.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
LOL! From what universe are you watching from?:lmao:

Regressing indicates he has become significantly worse than he was before.

I am not a fantasy, numbers, stats observer. I only go by the eye test and he looks stronger, more aware, and moves better than he did previously.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
No, although I believe the Suns need to expand their focus from a two PG system. However, that is where the talent is right now so the Suns can't neglect their strength. I want the Suns to get more players involved.

I do miss that Lakers pick.
What do you think the odds are that the Lakers pick turns out to be a better player than Knight?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen