Lakers @ Suns 10-24-18

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am in the camp of bulletin board material for next time you play. The Suns were embarrased but it was because the Suns played bad. The Suns have to improve to not be embarresed next time. Use it to motivate the team to get better! The best revenge is to win next time you play.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is so classless by the Lakers to do this in the last 2 mins of a blowout win

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I wish we had someone making issue of this afterwards and maybe giving Lonzo what his teammate Rondo got from CP3 the other day.
Don’t like it, don’t get clowned in your home floor.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm not saying they'll do it now, I'm saying if Ayton had Booker's drive. That will take time because he doesn't seem as committed to the game as guys like Booker or JJ. Perhaps he just doesn't show it like Warren but if he gets there, that's when he and Booker will be able to beat damn near anyone, IMO. They're not there now and probably won't be this season either.
I’m squarelybif the mind that they won’t beat damn near anyone until booker decides that there are two sides of the court. I’ve watched more of him in these three games than all of last season. Those that bang on him for his lack of defense are 100% right. He’s atrocious and he puts in little effort in that end. It’s damning.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Why do you minimize it? We were down double digits pretty much the entire game.
Because until it’s a competitive game they are empty stats. Does it help his development? Yes. But ultimately if you’re down 20 your actions are not exactly having any real impact.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying they'll do it now, I'm saying if Ayton had Booker's drive. That will take time because he doesn't seem as committed to the game as guys like Booker or JJ. Perhaps he just doesn't show it like Warren but if he gets there, that's when he and Booker will be able to beat damn near anyone, IMO. They're not there now and probably won't be this season either.

I understand your point but I still disagree. Booker needs to improve and Ayton really needs to improve but that won't be enough most nights (IMO). If you could magically get both players to their peak right now, this team would still lose half its games (maybe more). This supporting cast is so bad that I'm not even sure if a two man team headed by a Lebron level player could win half the time. But it shouldn't be that hard to put an average team around the two of them and when that happens, I agree that the Booker/Ayton combo will be enough to challenge anyone.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Stephenson acts like punk. If I were on the Suns Id def be sharpening my elbows for the next meeting.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Man we got blown out by the hapless Lakers at home?? I know there are growing pains but this is our third blowout already!!! Wow this season suddenly got real dark....

:computer:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m squarelybif the mind that they won’t beat damn near anyone until booker decides that there are two sides of the court. I’ve watched more of him in these three games than all of last season. Those that bang on him for his lack of defense are 100% right. He’s atrocious and he puts in little effort in that end. It’s damning.

This is a common complaint throughout the league right now. The new freedom of movement rules have a lot of guards struggling defensively and it's why scoring is at an all time high. Not that Booker doesn't need to improve but there's more to it than lack of effort IMO.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
In all fairness, Booker was invisible defensively under the old rules too. He really looks less engaged on defense than Harden ever did.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In all fairness, Booker was invisible defensively under the old rules too. He really looks less engaged on defense than Harden ever did.
When that is your team leader, how are you going to expect different of the team. Booker’s offense is stellar, but he needs to set the tone on D.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait... what? They're referencing a game vs Phoenix that Teodosic was injured on. Suns haven't played LAC yet...

I was saying it could be a bluff. LMAO

The Clippers played the Rockets on that date.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at the bottom of that, at the tags, it's from the 2017-18 season. It's not current.

This explains a lot. It looks like the Clippers may be waiting for a trade.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
When that is your team leader, how are you going to expect different of the team. Booker’s offense is stellar, but he needs to set the tone on D.

Yeah. I don't think Booker will ever be a good defender, or even a decent one. That said, he cannot look like he is not even trying.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is something more current on Teo from July of 2018.

Teodosic and the Clippers agreed to that two-year deal in the summer of 2017, but after a guaranteed first-season salary, the second year was structured a little differently. While the 31-year-old exercised his $6.3MM player option in June, that option was only guaranteed for $2.1MM, and at least one report suggested that Los Angeles may cut the point guard before his July 15 guarantee deadline to save $4MM+.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/07/clippers-to-retain-milos-teodosic.html

Methinks the Clippers are asking too much for Teo.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Every time I see “Teo”, for some reason I keep thinking of Manti Te’o and not Teodosic.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Funny Tucker looks like the classless one to me.
Tucker isn’t the only one to feel this same way about it, a perennial All Star and All NBA guard feels the same way as well (one the Suns tried to acquire I may add)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man we got blown out by the hapless Lakers at home?? I know there are growing pains but this is our third blowout already!!! Wow this season suddenly got real dark....

:computer:

It's feeling worse than last season at the moment but I keep telling myself the Suns should be better.

I like your idea of rebooting the computer.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
I recorded the game and watched it this am. That was a bad idea. They looked really bad, we need to add at least two key pieces that are not 18 years old or 40...

Who ever we add needs to play defense, I don't remember Booker being this bad on defense