Lakers Offer $97M Max Contract To Carmelo Anthony

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm too lazy to read the article but this has been hinted at from the beginning. Melo would like to play with Lebron. If Bosh takes the Houston deal there would then be max money for Anthony to join Lebron in Miami if Lebron re-signs there. There's also been some LA talk for the two but I've not paid that much attention. I put it up there with the idea that Lebron, Love and Gasol end up in Phoenix this season. Can't see it happening.

Steve

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Carmelo Anthony hadn't been a part of any scenario about joining James in Miami, sources tell Yahoo. @FisolaNYDN reports he's staying in NY
Bummer

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA · 10m Within Anthony's circle, belief's been this, sources tell Y: Get NY's $129M now, figure out destination later. You can always get a trade

I guess it is all about the money.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do I have a feeling this is the friend who leaked this.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ramona ShelburneVerified account ‏@ramonashelburne ·26m Carmelo Anthony's agent Leon Rose tells ESPN that "he hasn't made a decision yet" on Knicks/Lakers.

I like how the Laker homer is implying that it is only the Lakers and Knicks.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would there be enough basketballs in LA between Kobe and Melo?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carmelo Anthony has narrowed his choices to the Knicks and Bulls, a source close to the star forward tells Bleacher Report’s Jared Zwerling (Twitter link). Presumably that means the Lakers are out of the hunt, though it seems Anthony, who was reportedly expected to re-sign with the Knicks as of two days ago, is a ways off from a decision. He isn’t going to make his call today, a source tells Marc J. Spears of Yahoo Sports (Twitter link).

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/07/anthony-deciding-between.html

I heard that Coach Thibs reach out again to him and that swayed it to focus on NY and Chicago. I alos think Melo waited to see it LeBron only took a one year deal from Miami with hopes Phil would rework the roster to go after LeBron next season. With that not that being an option, I think Chicago is in the lead 51% to 49% to get him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson