La Confora at CBSsports.com says Haley is the favorite

Superfuzz

Veteran
Reaction score
The same Bidwill family that loves Russ Grimm? No thanks.

I'm not sold on bringing back Haley completely, but to be fair, they are also the same Bidwill family that loves Larry and gave him a truckload of money to stay here.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Boo Who? thats some serious boo birding right there!

Not a Haley fan. You hire a d-bag like him and you've got a maximum of a 2 year run before his players totally tune him out.

If Whiz gets canned hire Horton as HC and bring in a new o-coordinator. Wont have to worry about any roster turnover on the defense.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He was fired as coach of 5-8 team with Cassel, Charles, Berry and Moeaki and several others on IR with Moeaki, Berry and Charles all being injured very early in the season. He won a game with Tyler Palko as his starting QB, all a year after winning the AFC West at 10-6.

I would consider that a raw deal.

He and Scott Pioli never got along. Worse than that by all accounts his players in KC gave up on him and were chaffed by his style. Haley would not be a good HC fit for AZ.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't care who they bring in as coach or QB as long as we start winning again.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I like Todd as an OC. As a potential head coach, not so much.

As for Vick, he would be an unmitigated disaster in Arizona.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I think Todd is one of those really smart guys who needs a moderating force around him --

as a HC, there is no moderating force. As an assistant, a strong HC keeps his worst impulses under control

not crazy about Todd as a HC

PitchShifter

The other Big Red
Reaction score
An Article of PFW has some interesting notes from a team "insider' and some external source guessing so take it how you will. At least it seems Bidwill understands Haley's personality rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

Also has this to say on Keim.

“The guy who I can see assuming a bigger role in this all is Keim. He interviewed for the Rams’ gig last year. From what I understand, he wanted Jay Cutler over Matt Leinart. He wanted Adrian Peterson over Levi Brown. You need to add (elite) players to the roster. That’s where Keim can help them. He’s not a sophisticated guy that you want handling the cap. He can improve the roster and help fix the O-line.”

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/12/17/desperate-times-in-the-desert

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think you are too comfy in your assumptions. Granted PA could be too. But the hes a goner crowd may be disappointed.

Hey, I'm not saying it's a foregone conclusion that KW is gone. Only an idiotic team would retain him, but I am worried we'll be that stupid. PA has no doubts in his mind--he's convinced KW is staying, and it's impossible for him to know that.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The person who assemble this offensive talent should be let go. Whether it be Graves, Keim, or Whisenhunt. The position that we are strong in is Wr and maybe Te. The rest they can flush down the toliet. There is no depth on offense and they had 3 season to get this going in the right direction. They havn't done it. My vote for the next head coach is Sean Payton. He someone who can turn this team around.

I am tired of these last few game winning streaks to save a coaching job season. We need someone like Sean Payton who can win consistantly.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big Ben publicly ripping the play calling(IE haley) in the game yesterday.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
An Article of PFW has some interesting notes from a team "insider' and some external source guessing so take it how you will. At least it seems Bidwill understands Haley's personality rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

Also has this to say on Keim.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/12/17/desperate-times-in-the-desert

This blip from the article is what may give Whis a slim chance of hanging on (talking about how Mike Bidwill looks at the situation)...

“But he also realizes that the Cardinals have had only six non-losing seasons in the desert, and that Whisenhunt is responsible for four of them. You can’t discount what the guy has done. And really, who could they get who could realistically do any better?”

According to one pro personnel director that PFW contacted, the answer is nobody.

“Ken Whisenhunt is one of the best football coaches in the league,” the pro personnel director said, the Cardinals’ monumental collapse this season notwithstanding. “You put any coach in his situation without a quarterback or an offensive line and I don’t think they would have done any better.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This blip from the article is what may give Whis a slim chance of hanging on (talking about how Mike Bidwill looks at the situation)...

“But he also realizes that the Cardinals have had only six non-losing seasons in the desert, and that Whisenhunt is responsible for four of them. You can’t discount what the guy has done. And really, who could they get who could realistically do any better?”

According to one pro personnel director that PFW contacted, the answer is nobody.

“Ken Whisenhunt is one of the best football coaches in the league,” the pro personnel director said, the Cardinals’ monumental collapse this season notwithstanding. “You put any coach in his situation without a quarterback or an offensive line and I don’t think they would have done any better.

I think there is going to be a lot of disappointed board members come the off season.

Reaction score
I would be satified with Haley...

back at Offensive Coordinator. I think Whisenhunt is going to be back next year. Personally I am ok with him being fired, and only ok with him being retained if the club gets a competant OC; and revokes Whisenhunt's "draft control".

And with Horton remaining as DC. That would work for me.

:wink:

seesred

Reaction score
I want to see Horton at the Top spot, Bring in a proven OC and a QB. Let Kiem be the guy that makes payer moves like the D-backs are doing and put us in a position to win.

GBR

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

After 3 consecutive seasons of that situation somebody needs to be fired.

However, we've seen around 20 years of that situation and you can't fire the owner. :(