Kyrie?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say that because Kyrie was after the 4 year extension, which is something the Lakers couldn't promise. And now Kyrie and Mavs talk will resume once the season is over.
Yeah, I get it. I was just using you as the setup guy so I could get my own Kyrie/Luka dig in.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Phx and both LA teams allegedly wanted Irving. I was hoping Dallas would try to land KD, don’t know if KD leaving is still a thing, but not surprised Dallas got Irving. B-Ball wise I think he’s a clear upgrade for Dallas at least for this year. Losing Jalen Brunson really hurt Dallas. Dallas has never really been a top destination city where players have wanted to come to. I think if Luka leaves one day it will be because of that.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phx and both LA teams allegedly wanted Irving. I was hoping Dallas would try to land KD, don’t know if KD leaving is still a thing, but not surprised Dallas got Irving. B-Ball wise I think he’s a clear upgrade for Dallas at least for this year. Losing Jalen Brunson really hurt Dallas. Dallas has never really been a top destination city where players have wanted to come to. I think if Luka leaves one day it will be because of that.

It could work out for Dallas if things work out with Irving but losing both Spencer Dinwiddie and Dorian Finney-Smith was costly.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It could work out for Dallas if things work out with Irving but losing both Spencer Dinwiddie and Dorian Finney-Smith was costly.
I like Spencer D a lot. by all accounts he is a great guy and of corse is a good offensive player. He’s not a consistent scorer. Kyrie Irving will certainly replace Spencer and finney-smith’s offense if he is healthy. But the mavs will miss both of those guys, particularly what finney-smith gives at both ends of the court. I think Dallas really needs to keep working on their roster. I’ve actually read today that they are wanting to trade for Ayton. Don’t know if that is true or not.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Spencer D a lot. by all accounts he is a great guy and of corse is a good offensive player. He’s not a consistent scorer. Kyrie Irving will certainly replace Spencer and finney-smith’s offense if he is healthy. But the mavs will miss both of those guys, particularly what finney-smith gives at both ends of the court. I think Dallas really needs to keep working on their roster. I’ve actually read today that they are wanting to trade for Ayton. Don’t know if that is true or not.

I haven't heard the Ayton rumor. It's hard to see the Suns trading Ayton to them. The Mavericks will need to improve defensively.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I haven't heard the Ayton rumor. It's hard to see the Suns trading Ayton to them. The Mavericks will need to improve defensively.
Absolutely, I know they like Ayton, but they don’t have enough to acquire him in a trade. their defending has been poor this season, and their top defensive players have not made shots on the offensive end like they did last year. Christian Wood has been good for them at center, he has a broken thumb atm. he plays outside a lot offensively and he is an ok defender.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely, I know they like Ayton, but they don’t have enough to acquire him in a trade. their defending has been poor this season, and their top defensive players have not made shots on the offensive end like they did last year. Christian Wood has been good for them at center, he has a broken thumb atm. he plays outside a lot offensively and he is an ok defender.

The Mavericks can get a cheaper center for their needs. I would tell you who, but then you will tell Dallas. :mrgreen:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I know college ball isn't what it once was but if a player can dominate scoring there then they'll find a role in the NBA, most of the time. I wanted Jackson too but preferred Tatum because I saw Booker like potential in him. Not who Book is now but who he was at that time as far as good scorer who won't disappoint offensively. Tatum has turned into an MVP candidate and so has Book. They may be long shots because they don't possess games that will get them featured on ESPN regularly but they'll explode for 50+ with ease.

McD definitely taught Suns fans the downside of drafting based on athleticism. Meanwhile JJ seems to have shown us the downside in overlooking the draft entirely. Life as a Suns fan is rough.
Players like Booker and Tatum are an indictment of the CBB landscape. Had they come back for another season they would’ve been the #1 pick the following year but every 5* prospect has to be one and done.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way they are moving Ayton now. They need him more than ever to shore up the middle. Now that would be jaw dropping after the KD trade.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why would any competent owner want a loony, oft injured, anti-Semite on their team, no matter how good at basketball they are?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Why would any competent owner want a loony, oft injured, anti-Semite on their team, no matter how good at basketball they are?
I don’t think most do. But all you need is one or two.

Reactions: TRW

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ishbia is jewish. There's no chance he ok's a deal of any sort for Irving to be a Sun, even on a minimum deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: TRW

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose