Kyler on Pat Mcafee show

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Both interviews keep hammering baseball and football.

I really wish they wouldn't waste interview time going over the same questions he has been asked for a year

At least McAfee asked about his relationship with Kingsbury

And what his response, after avoiding it in college ?

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Both interviews keep hammering baseball and football.

I really wish they wouldn't waste interview time going over the same questions he has been asked for a year

At least McAfee asked about his relationship with Kingsbury
i've noticed him leaning into the baseball questions more and more since he was asked about it mid season last year. his answer has progressed to "i hope" when they ask if one day he'll try to play both

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Basically they both improved in year 2 but both need to be better

Definitely didn't expect him criticizing KK play calling and game management
He did answer with the obvious
I don't know your point but I'm not sure KK improved in year 2

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i've noticed him leaning into the baseball questions more and more since he was asked about it mid season last year. his answer has progressed to "i hope" when they ask if one day he'll try to play both

If he wants to play baseball, become so iconic in your current sport they can't say no

Be the Deion / Bo of QBs. That's how it happens

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
1. I don't think he likes Kliff as much as Kliff likes him.

2. I think he games too much. I watched the "Pro Bowl," and he's able to coach the other NFC Madden players on where the main backer is, and who to key on. He knows how to manipulate spreading out the DL, and call defensive movements on the fly... in Madden. He knows all of the cheat plays in the game, like when he keeps asking to drop in the Stick play in the 2nd quarter until it finally happens and works. Why can Kyler tell Bubba Watson (okay, maybe Marshawn Lynch) where the best dime defense is? He should be in his real playbook, not playing Fortnite and dropping quotes like "I tell people if I didn't play professional sports, I would dead-ass be a professional gamer."

You're getting paid more than most humans will ever make in their life, Kyler. Well, unless you were an e-girl with a Twitch stream and an OnlyFans.

3. I like him so much more than I did at first. He needs a coach who knows what he's doing, and I think Kyler wants it. He's grown in media. He can leave for baseball at any time. A mature coach could really change things for him, but we're running out of time.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

2. I think he games too much. I watched the "Pro Bowl," and he's able to coach the other NFC Madden players on where the main backer is, and who to key on. He knows how to manipulate spreading out the DL, and call defensive movements on the fly... in Madden. He knows all of the cheat plays in the game, like when he keeps asking to drop in the Stick play in the 2nd quarter until it finally happens and works. Why can Kyler tell Bubba Watson (okay, maybe Marshawn Lynch) where the best dime defense is? He should be in his real playbook, not playing Fortnite and dropping quotes like "I tell people if I didn't play professional sports, I would dead-ass be a professional gamer."

You're getting paid more than most humans will ever make in their life, Kyler. Well, unless you were an e-girl with a Twitch stream and an OnlyFans.

3. I like him so much more than I did at first. He needs a coach who knows what he's doing, and I think Kyler wants it. He's grown in media. He can leave for baseball at any time. A mature coach could really change things for him, but we're running out of time.

1. I agree. Have heard several comments from him over the season that lead me to believe he's not enamored with Kliff.

2. Also agree. He has live Twitch streams from in season. QB is a full time role. There shouldn't be time to live stream gaming in a game week. Some are going to say "needs down time" etc and older QB's have kids they need to be a parent too so it's not all football. But for a young QB still learning the game with many obvious flaws still in his game I don't like to see him on Twitch during a game week.

3. I also fear Kliff's chilled, man bro, laid back attitude isn't pushing Kyler nearly enough.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ok. I will be very whiny here. Some may call this a "boomer mentality" but I hate that all he talks about is "we" and never really says "me" when it comes to inconsistency and getting better. You are the damn QB. You need to get better. And if your teammates are not doing the little things then it is your job to get them to do it. Lead your team instead of complaining about what they aren't doing. Ugh.

The flipside is of course, we could have said they and them instead of we.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
"Top Organizations" .......like every team in the NFC West. I see no issue using this term and agree with his assessment using this term.

Thought that interview was great, and Kyler Murray sounds like he has his head on right and knows what needs to be done to succeed.

If the Niners are not injury ravaged this year.....do the Cardinals avoid being in last place in the NFC West? I think it is a fair question to ask. The Cardinals are a solid team, but they need to be better than the best in this division.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"Top Organizations" .......like every team in the NFC West. I see no issue using this term and agree with his assessment using this term.

Thought that interview was great, and Kyler Murray sounds like he has his head on right and knows what needs to be done to succeed.

If the Niners are not injury ravaged this year.....do the Cardinals avoid being in last place in the NFC West? I think it is a fair question to ask. The Cardinals are a solid team, but they need to be better than the best in this division.

Go to Spotrac and view/compare the 49er and Card IR list in 2020. No doubt, the SF list is more significant but ours was also appreciable. Add to this the loss of J. Thompson as a starting safety for much of the season and the decimation of our D-line rotation and one can conclude that if healthy we can compete with our three primary rivals.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

A full 180 ok Kyler from you. Awesome.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Murray is, much of the time, fun as heck to watch. I don't really dig his personality, and I don't think he's doing the classwork/film study to be great, which I think is ultimately going to hold him back.

A lot of his TDs, IMO, are vultured from a running back in a more functional/balanced offense.

I think that we can all agree that his biggest plays are happening outside of schedule/play design. I don't see that he's working on the hard, boring, awful work that fixes and tweaks those little mechanical things, or wants to.

All of this. Kyler comes off as a prick, and not the kind of prick that says, "I'm the true leader of a professional sports team." The kind that comes off as whiny. To an extent, I blame Kliff for not being the coach who can rein him in and show him the intangibles of being a successful QB.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All of this. Kyler comes off as a prick, and not the kind of prick that says, "I'm the true leader of a professional sports team." The kind that comes off as whiny. To an extent, I blame Kliff for not being the coach who can rein him in and show him the intangibles of being a successful QB.
Aren't we judgmental? I'm glad you can make judgements about a 23 year old kid, 2nd year QB, who played 1 full season at the college level. For me, he comes off as a great kid, who just completed 67% of his passes for 4000 yards & accounted for 37 touchdowns. I've been a fan for 57 years & he's the best young QB we have EVER had or will likely EVER have. I think he "comes off as pretty damn good". If you're looking for someone who does come off as a prick, then try Aaron Rodgers. And what was he like after 2 years in the NFL? He was sitting on the bench trying to stab Favre in the back every chance he got.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

If he wins, it doesn't matter. There are plenty of NFL QB's who could be filed under "Prick".

You are entitled to your opinion. I do not see it. Got no problem with Murray's personality.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Aren't we judgmental? I'm glad you can make judgements about a 23 year old kid, 2nd year QB, who played 1 full season at the college level. For me, he comes off as a great kid, who just completed 67% of his passes for 4000 yards & accounted for 37 touchdowns. I've been a fan for 57 years & he's the best young QB we have EVER had or will likely EVER have. I think he "comes off as pretty damn good". If you're looking for someone who does come off as a prick, then try Aaron Rodgers. And what was he like after 2 years in the NFL? He was sitting on the bench trying to stab Favre in the back every chance he got.
I agree....and I like ARod...lol If you get a chance, watch Murray on PFT yesterday, with Florio and Simms...I thought it was a good interview, for a Superbowl car wash.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Just for the record, it is not irrational for people to be skeptical of a young QB who is borderline awful when he is unable to scramble and run to gain yards. He may be the best young QB in Cardinals history...but that isn't a prestigious list and that doesn't mean that he craps rainbows. Even if you believe the Cardinals have a coaching deficit, that isn't an excuse for awful QB play. If you compare Kyler to Justin Herbert, both had bad HCs and Herbert still outperformed Murray as a passer in his rookie season with no offseason. Kyler has a long way to go as a passer and putting the majority of the blame on Kliff is sticking your head in the sand. He may be bad, but that doesn't excuse Kyler for being a bad passer.

Also, Kyler Murray did not throw for 4000 yards. 3971.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t view Kyler or Rodgers “pricks” at all, but then again, I only think of pricks who make slick comments when they proven to be not good at all like Tate Martell, Josh Rosen, etc.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Aaron Rodgers is a Top-10 QB in NFL history. He’s earned that right to be rough around the edges, and more often than not, he’s been right.

I'll tolerate the antics if Murray even gets close to Rodgers level. For now, he’s a young QB with high potential, but an off-putting attitude, which gives me discomfort when thinking about him elevating his game. He’d be wise to show a little humility.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
this is hyperbole. you make him sound like he is Carson Wentz

in his second year, he is an average NFL passer -- with a rating similar to Baker Mayfield and Matt Ryan
In games he had 6 or less rushing attempts, Kyler avg 21.3 completions, 32 attempts, 183.67 yards, 1.67 TDs, and .83 INTs. We were 0 - 6. (that does include the last game vs the Rams but those number actually help him bit so I included them)

So, we may have different views of average, but for me, 21 for 32, 183.5 yds, 1.67 tds and .08 ints isn't it. That's bad and I don't particularly care that it is his 2nd year. Bad is bad and needs improvement.

And that is what people are saying. Kyler Murray is not a good passing QB when he isn't a threat or doesn't run. He needs to get better for this team to be better and it isn't significantly on the coaching because there are examples of younger QBs who also had bad coaching and threw the ball better.

Last edited:

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The way people react these days, I'm guessing K1 should only issue written statements going forward

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson