Kyler on Pat Mcafee show

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by BritCard, Feb 1, 2021.

1. DVontel

DVontel Registered

Concerns over Kyler’s passing flaws are very valid.

Personality-wise, I just don’t see it.

2. football karma

football karma Happy in the pretense of knowledge

... and get off my lawn, you darn kids!

3. kerouac9

kerouac9 Klowned by Keim

Because it's more important to me that the Cards win than stand alongside a guy who doesn't want the Cards to win as badly as I do. Professionals who don't put in all the work to be the absolute best are frustrustrating to me. If Kyler Murray is this good, imagine how much better he could be if he spent the time studying the playbook or watching film instead of doing a Twitch stream?

People who are criticizing Kyler always explain why and where he needs to get better. Nothing's perfect about a quarterback who averaged under 7 YPA and fumbled 5 times while leading his team to a 3-5 record in the crunch time of the season. That's a promising young QB who needs to get better to justify all the praise he gets here.

People acting like he's already arrived; that's not the case.

Patrick Mahomes
    Aaron Rodgers
    Tom Brady
    Josh Allen
    Deshaun Watson
    Ryan Tannehill
    Russell Wilson
    Dak Prescott
    Lamar Jackson
    ---Kyler Murray---
    Justin Herbert
    Baker Mayfield
    Matt Ryan

It's just as imaginable that Murray falls behind one of the guys below him than vaults ahead.

4. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

I don't really know about Twitch, I know what it is, I don't really know how to tell who uses it often and who doesn't. I googled it and from what I saw, Kyler is on there, Watson is on there and Herbert is one there since they seem to be the 2 guys most mentioned.

Watson the first link was to a charity event he did so I don't know if he's a regular on Twitch, or just for that. Herbert it was an event with him and Ekeler and it said both of them love to play video games, no idea how that equates to Kyler saying if I weren't a pro athlete I'd be a gamer, I have no idea how to find schedules.

If Kyler is doing the 2020 version of Jake Plummer having foosball tournaments instead of offseason workouts then yes I don't like that, I just don't know how to find that out.

daves likes this.
  5. SoonerLou

SoonerLou Registered

While I havent said so here I will admit the video gaming does annoy me. However, not because he's not putting in time. Drew Brees and Tom Brady spends time with their kids (if not this year certainly previous years) are they not putting in the work? There's enough time for leisure outside of football. Hopkins said during camp that fans dont know how committed Kyler is to football.

The gaming bothers me because I've seen people "zone out" from too much gaming. If you game too much outside of football I do wonder how is your reaction/judgement in live action. This is just from interactions with players coached and teaching kids. Kyler is grown so he should have a handle on it, but it does bother me a bit.

Other stuff is again just pre-draft bias thats hard to shake for people. Not everyone is Mahomes and unfortunately our organization isnt on the Ravens level. Bills have shown how quickly things can turnaround though. If he doesnt improve throwing on the run or intermediate passes next year then I'd start questioning his work ethic. The mental stuff is different for each QB.

6. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

No problem with this list.

7. Chris_Sanders

ozzfloyd, TaylorSwift and daves like this.
  8. Chris_Sanders

9. Chris_Sanders

10. Chris_Sanders

11. TaylorSwift

TaylorSwift Registered

Herbert could fall of a Kliff next year, so I dont even know why you would put him on this list.

Better than Lamar?

Ridiculous

I wont dignify the first paragraph though.

12. Stout

Stout Hold onto the ball, Murray!

Chris_Sanders likes this.
  13. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

I wanted Lamar too! But we didn't dump Lamar for Murray. We dumped Rosen for Murray. Had we drafted Lamar, I would have been all in on Bosa as our pick. There obviously would have been no need for Murray at that point. But, had we drafted Lamar, I somehow doubt that we would have had the worst record in 2018. All this being said, I prefer K1 to Lamar. But that's me.

14. daves

daves Keepin' it real! Contributor

Wow - great points and references, Chris!

...dave

cardncubfan likes this.
  15. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

The anti-Murray group on this board are still upset because they bought into keeping Rosen & drafting Bosa/Williams. They can't let it go that they were wrong, so they nit pick Murray. The kid is 23 & has all the tools to be great. Is he great RIGHT NOW? No. But, he's pretty damn good. I disagree with you in that his mechanics are poor. He has a short, quick release. And the ball explodes off his hand. You may be referring to the fact that he sometimes throws off his back foot. I don't necessarily see that as poor mechanics. Sometimes it's bad decision making, but not always. I recently listened to Dan Marino talk about how we will see QB's more and more capable of doing that. And that was a positive in his book. Mahomes does it all the time, as does Watson. Super mobile QB's with big arms add that capability to their arsenal. I'm not a huge fan of our horizontal passes, but that's more on KK, our weak interior OL & our weak WR group than it is on Murray. I want to see Murray push the ball more down the field. That's what I'll be looking for more in year 3 & beyond. With better interior protection & more offensive weapons, I have no doubt it'll happen.