Kyler Murray v. Joe Burrow

AZZkicker

Reaction score
Don’t tell me you haven’t had the thought cross your mind, what do you do if the chance crosses the board to take Burrow?

Yes, almost a certainty Cincinnati takes him number 1, but humor me, for the sake of argument. First, would you do it? Second, how far would you go in trades, to make that happen?

myself, I hope Kyler puts this thread to bed in the next 3 games. If he doesn’t, this thread will be around till the next draft.

I’d really like to take a defensive player from LSU.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t tell me you haven’t had the thought cross your mind, what do you do if the chance crosses the board to take Burrow?

Yes, almost a certainty Cincinnati takes him number 1, but humor me, for the sake of argument. First, would you do it? Second, how far would you go in trades, to make that happen?

myself, I hope Kyler puts this thread to bed in the next 3 games. If he doesn’t, this thread will be around till the next draft.

I’d really like to take a defensive player from LSU.

not me. He's played more games in college than Kyler did but he's basically a 2 year starter and will have about 100 more pass attempts in 2 years than Kyler had in his 1 at OU. He's been phenomenal this year but is basically a 1 year wonder, no idea if he's for real or not. If you take him you totally devalue Murray just like we did with Rosen.

Like it or not the Cards have to roll with Kyler for the immediate future, get a backup yes, but drafting another QB that high would be nuts IMO.

Of course I didn't believe we were drafting Kyler until a few days before the draft.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Just saying Murray doesn't need to be upgraded. He needs support. What's the deal with dad?

The dad comment was a little light hearted humor. There is no chance the Cardinals draft a QB like Hurts who could be deemed a threat to Murray when they’ve committed to building the team around him.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
The dad comment was a little light hearted humor. There is no chance the Cardinals draft a QB like Hurts who could be deemed a threat to Murray when they’ve committed to building the team around him.
Hurts isn't going to land a starting job anywhere in the NFL. His value would be for a seamless transition if suppise Murray were to miss 4 games b/c of injury. A team like the Cardinals could use that insurance. He's someone a team like Seattle would be smart enough to p/u. But alas we don't have the luxury, mtl.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
You think Keim is gonna admit he failed twice finding the QBoF? Besides, the team needs better players at most other positions.

Murray needs consistency, more coaching, and better talent to be successful. Giving up on him would be a fool’s errand, two years in a row

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
No interest in giving up on KM this early. I wouldn't consider it unless there were something major that shows in Kyler's attitude the rest of the season or offseason. (Like rumors of him going to baseball or something, but I don't see that happening at all.)

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Hurts isn't going to land a starting job anywhere in the NFL. His value would be for a seamless transition if suppise Murray were to miss 4 games b/c of injury. A team like the Cardinals could use that insurance. He's someone a team like Seattle would be smart enough to p/u. But alas we don't have the luxury, mtl.

Who said he’s landing a starting job anytime soon? Hurts will probably be selected inside of 4 rounds based on his production and skill. Any team drafting him would be viewing him as a potential starter with proper development.
Every year people say the same thing about QB prospects and every year QB’s move up the board after good combines and workouts. Hurts is talented and he’s been successful in 2 entirely different systems. Someone’s going to like him.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I legitimately think the arguments are pretty similar to those made last year outside of the overall competency of the offensive scheme.

I don't think it will happen, and Murray has shown more than Rosen.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
The panthers are talking about trading Cam and there was a report they are really high on Hurts. I could see Carolina drafting Hurts and starting him next year. I love burrows and he will win the heisman but you can’t draft another QB. Burrows should have year 1 success with joe mixon Tyler Boyd and a healthy AJ Green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The panthers are talking about trading Cam and there was a report they are really high on Hurts. I could see Carolina drafting Hurts and starting him next year. I love burrows and he will win the heisman but you can’t draft another QB. Burrows should have year 1 success with joe mixon Tyler Boyd and a healthy AJ Green.

It sounds like Green won't be there though, he's going to be a UFA and it sounds like he has no interest in staying in Cincinnati he will of course want lots of money but there's been some talk if he's healthy he may be willing to take less to go to a good team. I would normally say look for him to go to NE, but I get the impression they're not going to be a bidder.

If they can somehow fit him in don't be surprised to see the 49ers involved based on rumors earlier they were interested in him but didn't have what it took to make the trade.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
It sounds like Green won't be there though, he's going to be a UFA and it sounds like he has no interest in staying in Cincinnati he will of course want lots of money but there's been some talk if he's healthy he may be willing to take less to go to a good team. I would normally say look for him to go to NE, but I get the impression they're not going to be a bidder.

If they can somehow fit him in don't be surprised to see the 49ers involved based on rumors earlier they were interested in him but didn't have what it took to make the trade.

Green Sanders and Deebo with kittle. Makes me want to vomit. They have the pieces to be really good for the next 5-7 years.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Green Sanders and Deebo with kittle. Makes me want to vomit. They have the pieces to be really good for the next 5-7 years.

I have no idea if they can afford it but there's been talkin the Bay area for awhile they were looking at him and that he apparently is friendly with Jerry Rice. That was before they got Sanders of course. I can't see them having the caproom to get him but who knows.

Yeah if they got him and he were close to healthy look out below.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Ya know what's really funny, a few years ago someone posted on here we should draft a QB in the 1st round every year because it's so hard to get a franchise QB and you can always trade the QBs you don't need, it was actually a pretty good post but I can't find it lol

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ya know what's really funny, a few years ago someone posted on here we should draft a QB in the 1st round every year because it's so hard to get a franchise QB and you can always trade the QBs you don't need, it was actually a pretty good post but I can't find it lol
That was me. I am now seeing a bit of the flawed logic in that approach having seen our team do it. I like Burrow, but I am not sure he has enough pedigree for me to trade up to get him. None of the other QBs interest me in round 1. I would not mind a QB in the mid rounds if one strikes Kingsbury's fancy.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Haha yeah but you said EVERY year so we've only just begun! Come on Keim let's get this QB 1st Rd train going!! Lol
The tough part is that i didn't consider a guy like Murray would be taken at number 1. He is so damn raw that it is tough to get a bead on him. I will say that I would have help onto Rosen due to the contract and to create competition between the two. There is something to be said about a player earning a job vs being handed one. We all know that I still have questions about Murray as a competitor.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The real interesting question would be if we should take Burrow, if it means that Keim gets fired. Would you do it then?

I probably would just to be rid of him.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Seems I remember someone saying (BA, maybe?), draft a qb every year (not necessarily first round, though). I think K1 will be fine with a little added help. Hope he gets it.

What happened to everybody being so high on the new O line coach and them playing better because of K1's mobility?

Guys on here turn on every body at the drop of a hat, it seems.