Kyler Murray Rookie of the Year Watch:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you say, "listen, I don't want to take anything away from the guy." I think you already have. You guys always have a "but" in there somewhere:shrug:.

You lost me with all those numbers you posted after the completion percentage:).

I haven't seen Kyle Allen's name mentioned. Isn't he a rookie, or no?
at least a sophmore. he appeared in a game last year for the panthers.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Problem is that they will most likely gash us while we will have some drives end due to our youth. Mistakes kill the young. Meanwhile they have a former MVP, almost Super Bowl MVP and the best WR in the league.

They really match up well against us. Really well.
Except they haven’t been playing up to their ceiling at all, especially Matt Ryan. Coaching matters & their coaching been going down since Shanahan left.

They’re not a good team. We shouldn’t be shocked if we beat a not good team. I’m honestly more worried about Arians & the Bucs than them.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
When you say, "listen, I don't want to take anything away from the guy." I think you already have. You guys always have a "but" in there somewhere:shrug:.

You lost me with all those numbers you posted after the completion percentage:).

I haven't seen Kyle Allen's name mentioned. Isn't he a rookie, or no?
I have to qualify everything I say about Kyler because people assume I baselessly hate him, even though he's done a decent job thus far.

So I say that because even though I want to pump the breaks on ROY talk, I don't want us to cut him or something.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Except they haven’t been playing up to their ceiling at all, especially Matt Ryan. Coaching matters & their coaching been going down since Shanahan left.

They’re not a good team. We shouldn’t be shocked if we beat a not good team. I’m honestly more worried about Arians & the Bucs than them.
We should make a friendly bet on this game or something. Icon bet for a week or whatever?

This is gonna be a really rough game.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We should make a friendly bet on this game or something. Icon bet for a week or whatever?

This is gonna be a really rough game.
I literally just said no to this same question yesterday from you.

Why are you adamant on betting on your own team anyway?

It could be rough game indeed. For both teams. Stop looking at them strictly on paper & start looking at their coaching.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I literally just said no to this same question yesterday from you.

Why are you adamant on betting on your own team anyway?

It could be rough game indeed. For both teams. Stop looking at them strictly on paper & start looking at their coaching.
Sorry, wasn't sure you saw it (I clearly didn't see the reply).

I'm just unsure why you're so insistent that the opponent is that bad. Pretty much everyone else can see that our defense can't stop anyone right now. That offense is really good.

Anyways, I won't battle you about it anymore.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
What do you think has to happen for KM to win rookie of the year? Minshew is a media darling right now but Kyler is asked to do more with less and he still has better stats then Gardner. Do you see other rookies right now that could push for offensive ROY?

11 Kyler Murray ARI QB 126 201 62.7 40.2 1,324 6.6 264.8 4 4 62 30.8 54 19 4 21 80.1

13 Gardner Minshew JAX QB 110 165 66.7 33.0 1,279 7.8 255.8 9 1 58 35.2 69 18 1 12 105.6
Considering Murray was drafted 177 spots higher than Minshew, the Jacksonville QB should be MILES ahead of Murray in MVP voting, IMO.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Josh Jacobs will win... Damn he tore up the Bears D yesterday

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Kyler continues to play like he did yesterday he's going to be in the conversation for ROY. Hopefully he and Kliff can sort out the red zone.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The troubling thing about Kyler is the lack of TDs.

Some guys just have a knack for the endzone. Sure the talent isn't always great but they figure out a way.

Russell Wilson in a conservative offense has always figured out the redzone. Thats what made him special/deadly. He knew how to get the ball there.

4 TD passes in 5 games is killing Murray chances. If being honest he's reminding me more of Mariota who struggles to put up TDs as well (although dynamic as well)

Kyler is going to have to give his WRs a chance and start using his legs more (probably more on Kliff)

Either way the great ones figure it out. Guys like Cam (when he was good at least), Russ, Deshaun etc seemed like they were/are automatic once in the redzone. Need Kyler to show that kind of ability.

Reaction score

I'm just unsure why you're so insistent that the opponent is that bad. Pretty much everyone else can see that our defense can't stop anyone right now. That offense is really good.

Spot me 7pts & I'll take that avatar bet. :)

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Murray is a QB, the position with one hell of a spotlight, while we are not even half ways into the season yet... yeah, ROY :)

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You are what your record is man. So it's two pretty mediocre teams going at it. Plain and simple. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn