Kyler Murray Film Analysis (Best QB In The Draft)

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Every Touchdown from Kyler Murray's Heisman Winning Season (ALL 51!)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You should be a politician the way you have flipped lol

It's called being open and honest to information.

I dove in head first to try and further convince myself that Murray was a bad idea, but I'm now convinced he is better than Rosen in every way except height/weight.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
It's called being open and honest to information.

I dove in head first to try and further convince myself that Murray was a bad idea, but I'm now convinced he is better than Rosen in every way except height/weight.
I think you dove in headfirst in the shallow end of the pool.:?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think you dove in headfirst in the shallow end of the pool.:?

I'm not going to discount a guy who had a top three season as a QB because he's 1 inch to short.

I think you guys just aren't looking into Murray and instead are resting on your own biases instead of challenging them.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm not going to discount a guy who had a top three season as a QB because he's 1 inch to short.

I think you guys just aren't looking into Murray and instead are resting on your own biases instead of challenging them.

Exactly everyone was hating on Russel Wilson, everyone thought the Browns were high for taking Mayfield. Murray can escape the pocket and make plays. He could help hide the bad Oline with his mobility. Times are changing the Prototype QB isn't the only answer and we are witnessing it .Kyler isn't Lamar Jackson, Kyler can do more than run. Quit blending all the mobile QBs as one , Murray is special and a diffrence maker. Rosen is Eliz you take the next Russell and trade Eli, behind the Cardinals line.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Yes. This x1000

Average height of an offensive line is 6'4". Offensive tackles average 6'5".

Every QB 6'3" or shorter has a deficiency they have to make up for by sliding in the pocket or creating windows within the walls of the pocket.

T-Rex arms & Midget/Dwarf are just such weak arguments. And truly expose a level of bias within your evaluation.

Your all going to be proven wrong this time. This dude is the truth.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1 inch?? Name me the 5-11 QBs with a history of NFL success not named Russel Wilson?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Murray had 4 balls batted down...lowest in college football....so the height thing is mute.

Still a month to go till the draft

College Ian not the NFL and history has spoken.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I want to see how easy Murray has it when he doesn’t have 2 or 3 wide open receivers every game like at OU...in the NFL you have to throw receivers open more often than not.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
1 inch?? Name me the 5-11 QBs with a history of NFL success not named Russel Wilson?

Does that truly matter? Teams didn't even give guys like Russell Wilson a chance until Russell Wilson.

You know....maybe the Sixers shouldn't play Simmons at PG because he's too tall. That's the inverse of the argument, but some people doubted his ability because they thought he was too tall.

Players are breaking molds all of the time. Just a decade ago, people said the same thing about spread QBs. Aaron Rodgers dropped in the draft partially because of this. People discounted Mahomes because he played in a spread.

What you look at for QBs is whether they made NFL throws or not. Whether they read a defense or not. You see Kyler Murray do both.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
College Ian not the NFL and history has spoken.

Yep. Patrick Mahomes is dominating just like college. Aaron Rodgers dominated just like college. Russell Wilson dominated just like college. Drew Brees dominated just like college.

I think you are getting old Shane. :p

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

I disagree.I question his size,his durability in the NFL.I question how his game will translate to the NFL.The opposition will be bigger,better,faster than what he faced in college.I question his refusal to run when he bulked up for the combine and then refused to run on his Pro day.I question his being "all-in" on football now after being "all-in" on baseball just 8 months ago.All those things raise red flags for me.Since the Cards have the top pick I want the pick to have less question marks than that.That's not bias.....that wanting a draft pick without a list of questions/red flags.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I disagree.I question his size,his durability in the NFL.I question how his game will translate to the NFL.The opposition will be bigger,better,faster than what he faced in college.I question his refusal to run when he bulked up for the combine and then refused to run on his Pro day.I question his being "all-in" on football now after being "all-in" on baseball just 8 months ago.All those things raise red flags for me.Since the Cards have the top pick I want the pick to have less question marks than that.That's not bias.....that wanting a draft pick without a list of questions/red flags.

Size....I can see that, but others have now proven that it can be done.

Durability? He's never been hurt. He's the size of a lot of RBs who weren't hurt. And he avoids big hits.

How his game with translate? See Baker Mayfield.

He refused to run because he doesn't want to be seen as a runner. It's a principle thing. I get it and I respect it.

He was all in on baseball, but he did soul searching. Football has always been #1 to him, and when it became obvious that he was going to be drafted highly, he decided football was for him. You do realize that he is giving back the $5 million dollar signing bonus? How many players in this draft are dedicated enough that they would walk away from $5 million?

Not a single red flag to me. I initially thought they were red flags until I saw evidence that they weren't.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Size....I can see that, but others have now proven that it can be done.

Durability? He's never been hurt. He's the size of a lot of RBs who weren't hurt. And he avoids big hits.

How his game with translate? See Baker Mayfield.

He refused to run because he doesn't want to be seen as a runner. It's a principle thing. I get it and I respect it.

He was all in on baseball, but he did soul searching. Football has always been #1 to him, and when it became obvious that he was going to be drafted highly, he decided football was for him. You do realize that he is giving back the $5 million dollar signing bonus? How many players in this draft are dedicated enough that they would walk away from $5 million?

Not a single red flag to me. I initially thought they were red flags until I saw evidence that they weren't.

We agree to disagree.Red flags for me still there.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
The baseball red flag is nonsense. Murray was the 9th overall (!) pick in the MLB draft. This is huge compared to the 37th or 41st round where Mahomes and Russell Wilson were drafted.

When Murray was made a top 10 MLB pick he didn't know - and certainly couldn't expect - to be an early round NFL draft prospect. Let alone a 1st round lock. Six months ago Murray was realistically nothing more than a late round flyer in the NFL draft, most likely as a converted RB or WR. That's what lots of pundits kept saying just a few months ago, right in the middle of his record breaking season.

Murray has been a QB his whole life. It just happened that he was great at baseball as well. There is no doubt that being a NFL franchise QB was his dream growing up. Actually there is some prove out there.

It's just tough when things don't work out for these young athletes initially. In most cases they never work out. Murray didn't get a shot with the Aggies, yet he followed his dream of playing QB, knowing that established NFL circles are harsh on small QBs. Then he got the chance to sign a multi million baseball contract. What would you do?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
The baseball red flag is nonsense. Murray was the 9th overall (!) pick in the MLB draft. This is huge compared to the 37th or 41st round where Mahomes and Russell Wilson were drafted.

When Murray was made a top 10 MLB pick he didn't know - and certainly couldn't expect - to be an early round NFL draft prospect. Let alone a 1st round lock. Six months ago Murray was realistically nothing more than a late round flyer in the NFL draft, most likely as a converted RB or WR. That's what lots of pundits kept saying just a few months ago, right in the middle of his record breaking season.

Murray has been a QB his whole life. It just happened that he was great at baseball as well. There is no doubt that being a NFL franchise QB was his dream growing up. Actually there is some prove out there.

It's just tough when things don't work out for these young athletes initially. In most cases they never work out. Murray didn't get a shot with the Aggies, yet he followed his dream of playing QB, knowing that established NFL circles are harsh on small QBs. Then he got the chance to sign a multi million baseball contract. What would you do?

Nonsense Murray didn't decide to go "all-in" on football until after his heisman season and he shot up draft boards.So we just just act like his "all-in" comment about baseball didn't happen or was he just posturing or flat out misrepresenting himself to the Oakland A's?
If Oakland had offered him more money than football do you think he would have turned that down to pursue his "dream" of being a NFL QB?The almighty dollar whispered in his ear and that is the only thing he is "all-in".

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Nonsense Murray didn't decide to go "all-in" on football until after his heisman season and he shot up draft boards.So we just just act like his "all-in" comment about baseball didn't happen or was he just posturing or flat out misrepresenting himself to the Oakland A's?

He got picked by the A's in June...before the football season even started. I think its fair to say that based on his previous few years in college football, baseball was his best option at that time.

Having a Heisman trophy year changed all that.

He is an incredibly fortunate person the way it worked out...I don't think there was anything malicious in the situation.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
He got picked by the A's in June...before the football season even started. I think its fair to say that based on his previous few years in college football, baseball was his best option at that time.

Having a Heisman trophy year changed all that.

He is an incredibly fortunate person the way it worked out...I don't think there was anything malicious in the situation.

That's one take..I get that.For people to act like he always wanted to be a NFL QB and baseball was nothing serious is nonsense.Money talked and Murray listened.