Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
- May 21, 2010
- Reaction score
I know I’m run heavy, and many have never liked that, but geez it’s always obvious tome that every year for decades we could be more effective with continuity and consistency if we just ran more early, I know some say we have more rush attempts then the last 15 years, not early, and its nice when we get ahead and run the time out, but it has never been more obvious then the lions keeping the ball the entire first 1/4 and wearing out defense. We start 3 and out passing many times this year. Now km is getting sacked early cause they know we never run early. Just makes me vomit because we can and it is obvious. Seems like Kliff ain’t going to asked about it by our weak press Corp, so maybe Seam can give the podium a visit and explain his failure in game planning.
NoteCARDS: Hired as Cardinals offensive line coach in 2019, Kugler added the title of run game coordinator in 2021. In three seasons under Kugler (2019-21) the Cardinals offensive line has protected QB Kyler Murray – who earned NFL Rookie of the Year ho
- Hired as Cardinals offensive line coach in 2019, Kugler added the title of run game coordinator in 2021 after playing a pivotal role in Arizona's offensive turnaround the last two seasons.
- In two seasons under Kugler (2019-20) the Cardinals offensive line has protected QB Kyler Murray – who earned NFL Rookie of the Year honors in 2019 and Pro Bowl honors in 2020 – while also paving the way for one of the league's top rushing attacks. The league's 32nd ranked run game the year prior to Kugler arrival, Arizona has rushed for 4,227 yards and 40 TDs over the last two seasons, making them one of just five teams in the NFL to have rushed for 4,000+ yards and 40+ TDs during that span.
- In 2020 the offensive line led the way as the Cardinals finished top-10 in the NFL in total offense (#6), rushing yards/game (#7), rushing TDs (#4) and offensive TDs (#10). Arizona's 6,153 total net yards were the 3rd most in franchise history and its 410 points the 5th most in team history.
- Last season the Cardinals rushed for 2,237 yards and 22 TDs on 479 carries (4.7 avg.). It marked just the sixth time in franchise history – and first time since 1984 – Arizona had 2,000+ rushing yards and 20+ rushing TDs in a season.
- In his first season with the Cardinals in 2019, Kugler helped Arizona rank 10th in rushing yards per game (124.4) and 2nd in rushing average (5.03). The 5.03-yard team rushing average established a new franchise single-season record.
- Under Kugler's guidance, Pittsburgh's Maurkice Pouncey (3) and Buffalo's Jason Peters (2) combined for five Pro Bowl selections. In two seasons under Kugler's tutelage, Cardinals OL D.J. Humphries has started all 32 games while developing into one of the top left tackles in the NFL. Last season, Humphries earned the fifth-highest overall grade (88.3) and third-best run-blocking grade (90.8) among offensive tackles by Pro Football Focus.
- A 31-year coaching veteran, Kugler spent five seasons (2013-17) as the head coach at his alma mater, UTEP. His time in the NFL includes tenures with Denver (2018), Pittsburgh (2010-12), Buffalo (2007-09) and Detroit (2001-05).