Korey Cunningham

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Was he solid today? I feel like I have not heard his name called. Usually a good thing .

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I noticed the same thing, he wasn't that bad. Most of the pressure came middle or right side.

The other thing was Iupati had some huge blocks, but it's fools gold he just can't stay healthy

OP
OP
outcent13

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well that's a solid plus in my book. Gotta start to see what some of these young guys can do

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Riders may not have a good pass rush, but wasn't Cunningham playing in his FIRST starting game? Have to say he showed promise. Will be interested to see how he rated, pass and run blocking.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Cunningham had his "Welcome to the NFL" moment on the first pass play of the game, and got beat real bad, which pressured the QB, and lead to a INT.

After that he was OK for a rookie.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Iupati has some bad false start penalties. It’s shocking that the lack of results from Wilks commitment to accountability isn’t coming back on him.

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Ok so Cunningham is playing very well still?? Can we try him at RT when Humphries is back?? Smith is a joke this game again

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not pretending to be some kind of expert. But I consciously tried to watch him some last week and today. What I have seen is pretty solid.

Let's see how he holds up over these last few games.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not pretending to be some kind of expert. But I consciously tried to watch him some last week and today. What I have seen is pretty solid.

Let's see how he holds up over these last few games.

yeah and melvin ingram was like invisible the whole game
it looks like our best pick so far, depressing

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hopefully he continues to show he’s solid and improvement, which means one less position to fill in the off season

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Playing Tackle is not rocket science if you have an athletic player with size WHO PAYS ATTENTION at all times, we have just been ravaged by guys who don’t pay attention and have no consistent motor. Dating back to Leonard Davis. Andre Smith isn’t paying attention or even trying. You can see it when he just falls down as plays develop

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Playing Tackle is not rocket science if you have an athletic player with size WHO PAYS ATTENTION at all times, we have just been ravaged by guys who don’t pay attention and have no consistent motor. Dating back to Leonard Davis. Andre Smith isn’t paying attention or even trying. You can see it when he just falls down as plays develop
Davis should never have been played at LT. He was a guard and Dallas let him show what he could really do. Also, he saved a horse.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Davis should never have been played at LT. He was a guard and Dallas let him show what he could really do. Also, he saved a horse.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

And he used to daydream about being in a Cowboys uniform while playing at SDS.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He looked good and probably is actually our best lineman
Did allow almost nothing to a very good pass rusher like melvin ingram
If is comfortable at left tackle should be kept there instead of the average and pricy humphries

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
So Ray Brown can coach after all? Rookies developing well. Getting a rookie C to play mistake-free and a 7th round pick holding his own at LT. The players who suck most on our OL are the seasoned vets who already know the game and can't be molded anymore. Or did someone expect Ray Brown to coach up the likes of Andre Smith or Pugh?

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cole and Cunningham have been impressive. Cole is a high floor, Jim Dray type of player so far, will probably be K9's favorite player by year 3.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He looked good and probably is actually our best lineman
Did allow almost nothing to a very good pass rusher like melvin ingram
If is comfortable at left tackle should be kept there instead of the average and pricy humphries

That's what I'm thinking. Plus he has the natural size. He doesn't have to be on the 'see everything eat everything' diet to stay at 305. The question was his feet and the mental stuff. But he looks like he checks those boxes so far.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You can't just look at the results. You have to look at how they arrived there. Is he getting help? How much?

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking. Plus he has the natural size. He doesn't have to be on the 'see everything eat everything' diet to stay at 305. The question was his feet and the mental stuff. But he looks like he checks those boxes so far.
Cunningham was winning the battle against one of the better pass rushers in the league. Didn't notice pressure through our left and it's not like he got TE help.

Question marks about Cunningham weren't about size, but being strong enough in general and obviously technique. His athleticism was never in question, he has very quick feet. 36 inch vertical and admirable 4.90 speed. Played hoops too. I think we might have something here. Good to hit on some late round OL after missing on about our last dozen of OL picks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson