Kobe is no Michael Jordan

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MJ is actually pretty lucky the Internets wasn't so mainstream when he was dropping these gems back in the day. Just goes to show you what your perception of great teammate and goat really is. Also funny to see Kobe is lifting some of his quotes about the Bulls front office in his current tirade against the ineptitude of the Lakers front office. These came from Lakersground, well...actually from The Jordan Rules.

MJ at his finest:

"There's no 'I' in team, but there is in W-I-N."

"I'll let them stand up and take responsibility for themselves."

"They've got no idea what it's all about. The white guys, they work hard, but they don't have the talent. And the rest of them? Who knows what to expect? They're not good for much of anything."

"We have to do some things. We need to make some changes."

"...I call them 'the Looney Tunes.' Physically, they were the best. Mentally, they weren't even close."

"He's scared. He's got no heart...Nobody told me that. If I had spoken up, he wouldn't have been here."

"I know I can recognize what to do, but I'm not sure they can."

"It's a hell of a lot easier to make Earl Monroe look good than it is Brad Sellers."

"I hope there's a jumpshot in there." - Michael to Stacey King who was walking into the locker room with a box

"They don't need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that." - Michael to Charles Davis who was sorting through his tickets for his family and friends

"Give me the ******* ball." - Michael to Doug Collins who drew up a play for Dave Corzine

"I hate when I have to read that in the papers the next day, that I couldn't do something. It wasn't my fault."

"You're an idiot. You've screwed up every play we ever ran. You're too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you." - Michael to Horace Grant

"I hate being out there with those garbagemen. They don't get you the ball."

"If you [pass the ball to Bill Cartwright], you'll never get the ball from me."

"We're not winning because of talent. We're just beating bad teams."

"Headache tonight, Scottie?" - Michael asks Scottie, while showing him his 2-for-16 line

"It's probably a twelve-day. He needs two days to wake up." - Michael on a ten-day contract teammate

"Five more years and I'm out of here. I'm marking these days on a calendar, like I'm in jail. I'm tired of being used by this organization, by the league, by the writers, by everyone."

"They're not interested in winning. They just want to sell tickets, which they can do because of me. They won't make any deals to make us better. And this Kukoc thing. I hate that. They're spending all their time chasing this guy."

"If I were a general manager, we'd be a better team."

"He can't do anything with the ball. Don't give it to him." - Michael yelling at Paxson who passed the ball to Perdue

"We're beating a lot of poor teams. So what? We won a lot of games last year, too. Will Horace and Bill still be playing at this level in the playoffs...Can Pip keep it up?"

"I know what's gonna happen. We'll wait until the last minute and then they'll say something like they couldn't get a deal done because of the cap or somebody pulled out at the last minute. It happens here all the time. I don't know why I'm surprised every year."

"You ever hear of a guy, six-eleven maybe and two hundred sixty pounds, a guy big and fat like that and he can't get but two rebounds, if that many, running all over the damn court and he gets two rebounds? Big guy like that and he gets one rebound. Can't even stick his ass into people and get more than that...Big, fat, fat guy. One rebound in three games. Power forward. Maybe they should call it powerless forward." - Michael ripping Stacey King a new one

"He was scared in there and panicking. He just lost it when Stockton scored." - Michael on B.J. Armstrong's mental fragility

"Will Vanderbilt. He doesn't deserve to be named after a Big Ten school." - Michael on Will Perdue

"I want to prove the critics wrong...I want to see some serious moves from management, which I really haven't seen that much of yet, and I want to see more serious attitudes from my teammates this year when it comes to the playoffs. In the past, it's been more or less a joking thing, sort of a 'Well, we're here, so let's have a good time.'"

"Krause has messed everything up again. He can't do anything. We don't get Walter Davis and we won't get LaSalle. You'll see, we won't do anything. He's too scared and nobody wants to deal with him. We can't get anything done because of him. I'm going to tell Reinsdorf when I get back that it's either me or him. If he wants to keep Krause, fine, I'll tell him to trade me. But this is it. It's got to stop here."

"This thing isn't over. I'm gonna get [Krause] fired yet."

"I'm sure everything will be fine if we win, but if we start losing, I'm shooting."

"I know what I would do if I were coach. I'd determine our strengths and weaknesses and utilize them. And it's pretty clear what our strength is."

"Your boy doesn't want to play. I'm tired of bailing his ass out." - Michael yelling at Jim Cleamons about Dennis Hopson

"I don't know about trading a 24 year-old guy for a 34 year-old guy." - Michael questioning the Oakley trade

"He's causing me too many turnovers." - Michael on Cartwright's inability to catch

"Why the hell don't you ever set a pick like that in a game?" - Michael yelling at Perdue after also hitting Perdue upside his head (led to the institution of the private curtain for practices)

Oh, and then punching his guys in practice, notably Steve Kerr. Good stuff. Revisionist history indeed.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
MJ is actually pretty lucky the Internets wasn't so mainstream when he was dropping these gems back in the day.

Oh, and then punching his guys in practice, notably Steve Kerr. Good stuff. Revisionist history indeed.

Why don't you just blow Kobe and get it over with. This manlove is getting ridiculous

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why don't you just blow Kobe and get it over with. This manlove is getting ridiculous

LOL, this has nothing to do with Kobe...he was just the attention grabber. Your post just shows the double standard with the guy.

Hell, I'm halfway on the bandwagon for trading Kobe to Chicago for Gordon and the 9 pick in a hope to get Yi...if he is there at 9 I say make the deal ffs.

But this Kobe is a ****, Jordan is the Goat crap is ridiculous. Like Jordan never asked to be traded, talked crap about teammates or the front office. Oh wait...he did. A lot.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And sorry Ryan that these are MJ's words and not mine.

Since the thread is about MJ and not Kobe...are you blowing MJ? What does Gee think about this, since you should only blow AZ players and not those from other teams?

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And sorry Ryan that these are MJ's words and not mine.

Since the thread is about MJ and not Kobe...are you blowing MJ? What does Gee think about this, since you should only blow AZ players and not those from other teams?

Well seeing as the title contains the word "Kobe" and was started by a lakers fan, I see no problem with Ryan telling a laker fan to do that.. I, prolly like he did, did not even read your post because I really dont care to read about Kobe.. So how could we have known it is not about Kobe? I mean, the title has Kobe in it so logically one would come to the conclusion this is about Kobe.. No? Oh wait.. I just asked a laker fan living in AZ to think logically.. My bad.. I see where this topic got off to bad start from the beginning.. :thumbup:

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well seeing as the title contains the word "Kobe" and was started by a lakers fan, I see no problem with Ryan telling a laker fan to do that.. I, prolly like he did, did not even read your post because I really dont care to read about Kobe.. So how could we have known it is not about Kobe? I mean, the title has Kobe in it so logically one would come to the conclusion this is about Kobe.. No? Oh wait.. I just asked a laker fan living in AZ to think logically.. My bad.. I see where this topic got off to bad start from the beginning.. :thumbup:

See, I knew that if I put Kobe in the title you guys would come running. Hell you two practically knocked each other over trying to post first.

Now, dust yourself off, go read MJ's quotes and then get back to me about how big of an ***** Kobe is...wait..Jordan...wait...both are aholes. But which one gets a pass?

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well seeing as the title contains the word "Kobe," I couldn't wait to post. In fact I dropped everyting I had, hung up the phone and told this bitch I was hitting on to hit the curb because if anything EVER gets me excited it is a Kobe thread.

Fixed that for you Gee.

:p

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now, dust yourself off, go read MJ's quotes and then get back to me about how big of an ***** Kobe is...wait..Jordan...wait...both are aholes. But which one gets a pass?

Nope not gonna read it.. I dont care what MJ had to say.. Ive seen em both play and MJ is far superior to the point I dont wanna read what he had to say.. :D

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope not gonna read it.. I dont care what MJ had to say.. Ive seen em both play and MJ is far superior to the point I dont wanna read what he had to say.. :D

:roll:

LOL.

ROTFLMAO

And all the other Internety ways to point my finger in your face, laugh out loud and clown your ass.

That might be the bitchiest bitch call of the year.

Gee: Yeah, I'm pretty sure there is stuff in that post that will make the guy I'm jocking look bad, so I'm going to use the "I don't need to look at it so therefore, he never said it" response. How witty and clever I am.

I fully admit that Kobe is an *****. Why don't you Jordan jockslurpers do the same, since he was probably ten times the ***** and maybe 1.03 times the player as Kobe? Freaking HIGH-larious.

Last edited:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:roll:

LOL.

ROTFLMAO

And all the other Internety ways to point my finger in your face, laugh out loud and clown your ass.

That might be the bitchiest bitch call of the year.

I fully admit that Kobe is an *****. Why don't you Jordan jockslurpers do the same, since he was probably ten times the ***** and maybe .33 times the player as Kobe? Freaking HIGH-larious.

Eh, Im tired and I really didnt feel like making a post in response to your claim me and Ryan almost knocked each other down to get in this thread when all I did was laugh at what he said said .. See, I cant make this go with where my brain is thinking so I went with the post I went with whatrever the hell that was..

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick Quiz Gee.

Who said what is in my sig?

Kobe or Mikey J?

Goodnight bro...sleep tight in your pristine, unrealistic world.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick Quiz Gee.

Who said what is in my sig?

Kobe or Mikey J?

Could be either one.. But the difference is when Jordan did start shooting his team won the game.. Kobe loses alot of the games he starts shooting.. So, Jordan had good reason to start shooting.. Dont blame Jordan one biot for saying it either.. It at least shows he wants to get his teammates involved and if they dont wanna contribute he'll win the game for them.. Kobe is just eh, he likes shooting and sometimes he feels like passing sometimes he dont.. I really dont care who says what unless its something so wrong its wrong.. I just think Kobe is well.. He has identity crisis' .. If he's not trying to make a rap album he's sking the slopes of CO digging in the brown eyes of white chicks.. Philly disowned his ass, so he cant go there.. He lived in Italy his whole childhood it seems.. He doesnt know who he is.. And he shows it too.. Its odd and often comes out in his play and interaction with his teammates.. Kobes just not a likeable person.. Jordan had none of these problems.. They may both be ******** in the spirit of winning, but the reasons I gave above set Kobe apart in a not good way.. And add Jordan is by far the better basketball player and well, case closed..

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
digging in the brown eyes of white chicks

Ignorant.

It was a freaking facial for God's sake that he asked for. More truth to the fact that bs travels faster and sticks harder than facts.

If you had clue one, I might take you seriously in your opinions. However, you are like a talking Weekly World News article...

I have no issue with people who can make a coherent case as to why they don't like the Lakers or Kobe. However, the headnodders who look to the media for opinions are the scrubs of the sports world.

Did you pre-order a Kobe home depot/Suns jersey? I bet you'd be the first guy in line.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ignorant.

It was a freaking facial for God's sake that he asked for. More truth to the fact that bs travels faster and sticks harder than facts.

If you had clue one, I might take you seriously in your opinions. However, you are like a talking Weekly World News article...

I have no issue with people who can make a coherent case as to why they don't like the Lakers or Kobe. However, the headnodders who look to the media for opinions are the scrubs of the sports world.

Did you pre-order a Kobe home depot/Suns jersey? I bet you'd be the first guy in line.

Dude.. I didnt bring up the word rape for this exact reason.. It was more along the lines of me saying one minute he wants to be in the hip-hop (black ) community then the next he wants to be in the white skiing community.. You can see the reference in that now if you go back and read it again right? Remember, I started out that long statement with Kobe has identity crisis'...

No go back and read it again with your newfound perspective..

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude.. I didnt bring up the word rape for this exact reason..

No, you suggested he wanted to browneye some white devil from colorado.

But the reality was the dude liked to go Jackson Pollack on the cheekbones. Google the guy if you don't get it.

You don't have to bring up the word "rape" for your ignorance to shine like a morning star.

G'night Gee..I've wasted enough brain cells on Guiness...I don't need to waste any more on this conversation.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, you suggested he wanted to browneye some white devil from colorado.

Exactly.. I tloosley took two things Kobe has done in his life as examples about his identity crisis'.. His failed hip-hop album and then his CO sexcapade.. What he actually recorded on his album or what the exact sex acts he did in CO are not the point... They are loose reference to the point I was making..

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly.. I tloosley took two things Kobe has done in his life as examples about his identity crisis'.. His failed hip-hop album and then his CO sexcapade.. What he actually recorded on his album or what the exact sex acts he did in CO are not the point... They are loose reference to the point I was making..

And just like usual, you are ill informed and wrong.

But as long as you are happy, it's cool...

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And just like usual, you are ill informed and wrong.

But as long as you are happy, it's cool...

Did he not make a hip hop album? Did he not bone a white chick in a sprawling white skiing community? Did he not grow up in Italy? Did Philly not disown him? You cant see the point I was making? Or is it that everyone has said the words Kobe and rape in the same sentence together so often that when it doesnt happen or isnt the intention of a post its hard for you to reprogram your brain to normal function? I think your so ready and built up to defend Kobe of his rape/nonrape you miss the boat sometimes...

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did he not bone a white chick five hole that he was on pretrial for?

No, he did not go five hole.

That's the mistake you made. Trying to cover it up with a bunch of other nonsense is funny.

I am almost hoping the Lakers trade Kobe to Phx right now, just to watch you twist in the wind. And then show your hypocritical true self.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, he did not go five hole.

That's the mistake you made. Trying to cover it up with a bunch of other nonsense is funny.

I am almost hoping the Lakers trade Kobe to Phx right now, just to watch you twist in the wind. And then show your hypocritical true self.

Dude what are you quoting? I never said that... I dont even know what five hole is.. Are you drunk dude? I didnt make any mistake.. Im sober as can be.. And I have a reason why I worded the things I said as I did.. And the answers I gave you for them are truthful.. It had nothing to do with rape..

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

Donald has finally flipped his wig.. Dude went insane tonite..

I think its cuz you know that Kobe is gone and all the Kobe defending you did was for naught...

Damn, Im at a loss as to what kinda conversation Im really in right now..

Do do do do, Do do do do.. Im in the twilight zone..

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
"They don't need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that." - Michael to Charles Davis who was sorting through his tickets for his family and friends

That's mean. A lot of these are quite ugly....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard