Kobe is gone!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As a huge Suns fan obviously I can't stand Kobe and glad he is finally done! I can't believe the people raving about his 60 point game it's ridiculous. He took 50 of the teams total 85 shots and 10 of those points were from the free throw line on mostly Ticky tack fouls, oh and he shot like 20+ 3 pointers lol. That's about the most pathetic 60 point game in history of the nba, but I guess in a way it defines his ball hog career....good riddance!

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As a huge Suns fan obviously I can't stand Kobe and glad he is finally done! I can't believe the people raving about his 60 point game it's ridiculous. He took 50 of the teams total 85 shots and 10 of those points were from the free throw line on mostly Ticky tack fouls, oh and he shot like 20+ 3 pointers lol. That's about the most pathetic 60 point game in history of the nba, but I guess in a way it defines his ball hog career....good riddance!

Dude seriously?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm with Nashman, I considered making a similar post but wasn't looking forward to the debate it would spawn, but since Nashman opened fire I'll rush into battle with him.

A very appropriate way for one of my most despised players and a massive ball hog to go out. Relentlessly chucking up trash shots, getting crap calls from terrible refs. 50 shots... hilarious.

Glad he is gone and glad the NBA has gone away from his ugly isolation style of basketball.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
60 points at his age would be impressive if it wasn't so obvious that's all the Lakers were doing, feeding him the ball. He took almost 2/3 of their shots and shot horribly. I'm not sure how they won, I didn't watch the game.

The performance kind of reminds me of years ago when David Robinson put up 71 in the final game of the season to win the scoring title. It wasn't really much of an achievement considering that was the primary game plan. Rather hollow accomplishment.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hated that it seemed to upstage the amazing accomplishment of the Warriors. I am a Suns fan first, so I hesitate to root for any success in our division, but the team basketball the Warriors play is so refreshing. Kobe is the exact opposite.

Kobe was undeniably an amazing player, but quite frankly I am glad his era is coming to an end. I coach kids, and while I could point to his amazing work ethic as a positive, I think he sets a bad example of how to play the game.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
He took almost 2/3 of their shots and shot horribly.

He shot poorly from three-point range (6-21, 29%), but he was 16-29 (55%) from two-point range. Those aren't percentages that justify 50 shots, but they aren't "horrible." He shot minimally worse than the collective Utah roster.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find it appropriate that he scored his 50th point on a play that he blatantly traveled

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dude seriously?

Yea I mean honestly this game was for Kobe. I don't think anyone in the world cared about what his FG % is going to look like. The entire city of Los Angeles came and was watching this game in tv to see Kobe shoot the ball even if it was determinantal to them winning the game. The crowd got antsy when Kobe was passing the ball earlier in the game.

He basically led the Lakers back to the win too. He had his own 13-0 nothing in the 4th QTR.

Kobe Bryant in last 3:05: 15 points, 5-for-5 from the field, 4-for-4 from FT line. Didn't miss a shot.

The best way for him to go out and arguably the greatest way any athlete has ever gone out. All other athletes in basketball, football, baseball, soccer, you name it were all basically watching last night's game in awe and paying their respects and appreciating Kobe on Twitter.

I hate Kobe but man this was a fantastic game considering the environment, the circumstances and the player. I'm not sure I'll see something like this again in my life. I told my friend before the game that I didn't think Kobe would score even 30. Instead he hit 60.

Last edited:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I am no fan of Kobe. He was by far my least-favorite player for years, but this is ridiculous. He had a 20-year career, and took 50 shots in the last game which also happened to be a meaningless game. His team won, he went out with a great game. Leave the man alone, for God's sake!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NOt a huge fan of his but at his age to be able to score 60 in an NBA game is pretty damn impressive no matter how many shots he took.

Now 46 in 30 minutes on 25 shots with Memphis face guarding you was pretty spectacular.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kobe was a jerk his entire career.. It's not like he was some Saint. He was a thorn in the Suns sides for over a decade.

This year he was hemming it up to the media, because that's all he has moving forward. He was trying to clean up his image. I wasn't buying it..

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude is nitpicking FG% in a guys last game. The Haterade is flowing.

even there, 44% isn't terrible.

I hate the guy probably more then any player EVER, but there's no way I can hate on last night. That was an epic way to go out... 38 years old, being held together by pins and needles, he rallies the team back from 10 down singlehandedly while going 5-5 from the field and 4-4 from the line, capping off a 60 point game? That's freaking awesome, no matter how you slice it.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
what i really didn't like was Kanye's stupid face on the camera so much

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chucking up a career high in shot attempts is the perfect way for that guy to go out! Bye!

He broke the NBA record of 49 shot attempts in a game, set by some guy named Michael Jordan (in a loss) on January 16, 1993.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He broke the NBA record of 49 shot attempts in a game, set by some guy named Michael Jordan (in a loss) on January 16, 1993.

Since this type of record has been kept, beginning in the 1983-84 season

Also ranked #2 all-time in number of 3 pt attempts in a single game.

chickenhead

Reaction score
I'm not happy he's gone. The sooner he's gone, the sooner the Lakers are good again.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard