Kobe hates the Suns

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Are you guys watching the game? suns are winning...

Ok well they were winning until the hothead matt barnes started making three's...that's weird. he usually can't hit the rim.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Sebastian Telfair.... good god is he horrible. Tonight I've officially banned myself from watching Suns games as soon as he steps on the court.

+/- for Suns

http://www.nba.com/statistics/plusminus/plusminus_sort.jsp?pcomb=1&season=22011&split=9&team=Suns
I've never cared for telfair. saw him missing wide open shots in this game though.

I liked gortat's tomahawk slam though. he should be in the dunk contest since all the other "dunk all stars" are bailing. what's blake griffin going to do now? you know there's no free throw competition....wait....

Last edited:

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Wait we play the Lakers again on Sunday? WTH!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
This season is fun...
Yeah, so is milk of magnesia.

Speaking of that, do you know what they call it when you mix milk of magnesia, orange juice and vodka? A Phillips screwdriver. :)

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Telfair signing was baffling. How do guys like him continue to have jobs in the league? He is not only a headache but he is a freaking awful awful player. A point guard who cant shoot, pass and might as well not be on the court on defense.

Bring up a d-league player like Dowdell last year, at least with them you dont yet know if they suck and you do know they will try.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
The Telfair signing was baffling. How do guys like him continue to have jobs in the league? He is not only a headache but he is a freaking awful awful player. A point guard who cant shoot, pass and might as well not be on the court on defense.

Bring up a d-league player like Dowdell last year, at least with them you dont yet know if they suck and you do know they will try.

I miss Dowdell.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, so is milk of magnesia.

Speaking of that, do you know what they call it when you mix milk of magnesia, orange juice and vodka? A Phillips screwdriver. :)

I just flew into town and boy are my arms tired. I heard both jokes in the same routine about a million years ago.

Steve

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
For as much as you guys are hating on this team, they sure played with a ton of heart in the loss last night. If it wasn't for a horrible 2nd quarter, they would have won. They were within 5 with 2 minutes to go. And this:

--outscored the Lakers bench with 46 points off the bench, including 14 from Morris, 15 from S. Brown, 9 from Redd

--Nash 17 Assists

--Gortat 21 points, 16 rebs

Sunday's game should be another good one

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sebastian Telfair.... good god is he horrible. Tonight I've officially banned myself from watching Suns games as soon as he steps on the court.

+/- for Suns

http://www.nba.com/statistics/plusminus/plusminus_sort.jsp?pcomb=1&season=22011&split=9&team=Suns

The Suns are not getting any offensive contribution from the PG position. Here is a quote from a Paul Coro article at azcentral dated 2-17-12 and a link below.

The standard is not Steve Nash. Nobody expects another point guard to duplicate what Nash does. As Gentry says, they would have to acquire Chris Paul as a backup for that to happen.

The Suns run more sets and different plays when Nash is out, but Telfair and Price, two free-agency signees, each are having offensive struggles. Neither shoots 40 percent from the field, with Telfair close to 30 percent, and both have gone through turnover issues. The team committed four consecutive turnovers to start the fourth quarter with Price running the team Thursday night.

"It's really tough," Gentry said. "We struggled a little bit, so I thought I'd give Ronnie a shot at it (Thursday night), and we struggled there, too. It was chaotic. There wasn't a real sense of flow. It just wasn't there. You could feel the momentum shifting.

Thanks Suns FO for trading Dragic and a first round pick (might have used it for a PG) for Aaron Brooks who is still in China (who is unlikely to play for the Suns again) and filling the missing backup PG role with Telfair and Price.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/sun...ix-suns-need-offense-backup-point-guards.html

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
who are the suns guards aside from nash? they need depth...

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
AB showed a lot of promise last year. Even with the shortened training camp this year, I think he would have really helped our bench out this year. Sucks he is in China.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Dragic trade was deplorable. We need all the draft picks we can get and we are giving one away in a lateral move for a player about to be a FA? Absurd.

But, why is there so much assumption that Brooks wont play here again? Did i miss some piece of news? He is a restricted FA, the Chinese league ends in a few weeks, I was assuming he would at the very least he would accept his qualifying offer and play out the last month or 2 here.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
In fairness to the Suns Dragic not only hit a wall but looked like he regressed with no end in site. The stupid part was the 1st round pick.

Babby admitted giving up the draft pick was a mistake in a recent Doug and Wolf interview.