Knight Suffers ACL Tear

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
True but they didn't compound the Robey trade by giving him a huge extension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The extension isn't hurting us. If we had a contract like that on our books like... 5 years ago it would be murder, but 15 mil a year when we've got tons of cap space... it might irk the ownership but it isn't preventing the franchise from doing anything.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Actually he's earning millions for sitting on the bench while feigning injuries and refusing to play. His number was called last season but he refused to play cuz his feelings were hurt. Yeah, the guy obviously has a real passion for the game. #massiveyeroll

But if you want to crown the guy with sainthood, go for it. I will shed not a tear for Brandon Knight aka the worst FA move ever by the Suns.
Sainthood? I said he's young, plays hoops and gets paid millions. Where did I comment on his personality? Wtf?

Also, just because he's pissed he was benched doesn't mean he doesn't want to actually play. When he was asked to play it was scrub time bc everyone else was sitting. Any competitor would be pissed at that. I'm not saying he's a good guy or arguing in favor of his actions. But given he went from starting to being nothing he's been relatively quiet about it and not being a locker room cancer from what we know.

His game stinks, but no reason to vilify him as a person. Yeeesh

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Sainthood? I said he's young, plays hoops and gets paid millions. Where did I comment on his personality? Wtf?

Also, just because he's pissed he was benched doesn't mean he doesn't want to actually play. When he was asked to play it was scrub time bc everyone else was sitting. Any competitor would be pissed at that. I'm saying he's a good guy or arguing in favor of his actions. But given he went from starting to being nothing he's been relatively quiet about it and not being a locker room cancer from what we know.

His game stinks, but no reason to vilify him as a person. Yeeesh

lol well if my 'sainthood' comment was hyperbole, your 'vilify' comment is certainly the same. Dont recall saying he was a bad person. Yeesh. Any professional should play when they were asked to play instead of pouting. Especially when they are being paid regardless of their playing time.

Let's just agree to disagree.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
lol well if my 'sainthood' comment was hyperbole, your 'vilify' comment is certainly the same. Dont recall saying he was a bad person. Yeesh. Any professional should play when they were asked to play instead of pouting. Especially when they are being paid regardless of their playing time.

Let's just agree to disagree.
You questioned his honesty and passion. Those are personal attacks on his person, not his basketball skills. I commented on his age, employment, and salary. Not on his person.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You questioned his honesty and passion. Those are personal attacks on his person, not his basketball skills. I commented on his age, employment, and salary. Not on his person.

Really? I did all that when I said:

Actually he's earning millions for sitting on the bench while feigning injuries and refusing to play. His number was called last season but he refused to play cuz his feelings were hurt. Yeah, the guy obviously has a real passion for the game. #massiveyeroll

So refusing to play when your employer calls your number is fine, as long as he doesn't go to the media and complain? ok

They are valid criticisms in my opinion not petty personal attacks. But if that's how you see it that's cool. Like I said, lets agree to disagree.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hoping Knight might get traded so I would not have to see his name listed under Suns salaries.

It reminds me of seeing Josh Childress there for years.

Knight's salary does hurt the Suns although the damage can be mitigated.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If the Lakers pick ends up being top 5 next draft then damn, this trade would hurt even more then :(

chickenhead

Reaction score
Weirdly, right now I'm inclined to look on the bright side. There are actually a lot of other bad moves that could have happened in the time BK has been a Sun. I'm not saying it was a good move (it was terrible) or that it literally prevented something else, but I'm sure we would have had something to complain about.

I'm fine with writing this off and consigning it to the "worst moves" category - and looking forward to what we have.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An update from McDonough on Knight's injury.

UPDATED: July 26, 2017 at 3:18 pm

In the immediate future, the focus is on getting the swelling in Knight’s knee down before he undergoes surgery, said Phoenix general manager Ryan McDonough, who addressed the guard’s injury on Wednesday.

“My understanding of it: he jumped and landed a bit off,” McDonough said, adding Knight’s knee “inverted.”

“It’s unfortunate. He did it playing ball — it could’ve happened to anybody.”

"I feel like we have pretty good guard depth,” McDonough said. “We certainly don’t feel any pressure to rush out and sign another guard — have gotten calls from about 500 agents since the (Knight injury) news broke yesterday.

“We’re getting close to the roster limit and if we do have a need positionally, it’s probably in the frontcourt opposed to the backcourt.”

The Suns are still awaiting word on Len.

By Kevin Zimmerman of Arizona Sports

http://arizonasports.com/story/1187...-alex-len-free-agency-suns-gm-ryan-mcdonough/

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knight reminds me more of Penny Hardaway everyday!!!

Except Penny was the real deal once upon a time. It brings back memories of Lil' Penny.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
The comparison would be Penny was Kobe Bryant, but shared the ball more. Penny was a top 5 player in the league. He could even play defense and put up 20 points on 2 bad knees, Remember when Jason Kidd was injured, and we beat the Spurs in the playoffs?

Last edited:

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The comparison would be Penny was Kobe Bryant, but shared the ball more. Penny was a top 5 player in the league. He could even play defense and put up 20 points on 2 bad knees, Remember when Jason Kidd was injured, and we beat the Spurs in the playoffs?

All I think about is the "suns Penny"... the one that stole 86 million. I still remember the number like he took it from me!

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
Fair enough. I remember Memphis St, early Orlando, and the guy that got us past the Spurs in the playoffs with a knee that needed surgery the second the playoffs ended. He was a shadow of his former self while on the Suns, but he could still win a playoff series.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
All I think about is the "suns Penny"... the one that stole 86 million. I still remember the number like he took it from me!

There was just no way to know the extent of his knee issues back then...

"It was very difficult to explain what was wrong with Penny Hardaway. He was a great guy, a competitive guy, but he had an articular cartilage injury, an injury to the smooth lining of the joint that allows the gliding of the joint. Back then we didn't really have MRIs to make the diagnosis. Today? Now you would see that on an MRI. It's still a nemesis and the hardest thing in treatment because the body doesn't have a way to regenerate it. Mother Nature can't just fix that. That's the next step, the biologics, where we determine how to jump-start the healing process and let the body, not the procedure, do the work."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/orland...9/dr-james-andrews-penny-hardaway-072913/amp/

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Young Penny was magnificent. Him and Grant Hill both.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Young Penny was magnificent. Him and Grant Hill both.

Yeah, it is a shame about players like Penny and Grant... and a few others I could name throughout NBA history (Walton, R. Sampson, D. Manning, B. Roy, etc.) who were likely destined for great careers before being cut down by injuries.

But not sure what any of that has to do with Brandon Knight.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it is a shame about players like Penny and Grant... and a few others I could name throughout NBA history (Walton, R. Sampson, D. Manning, B. Roy, etc.) who were likely destined for great careers before being cut down by injuries.

But not sure what any of that has to do with Brandon Knight.

It's better than talking about Brandon Knight. ;)

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Just as an aside, Brandon Jennings, whose career has been pretty much a perfect parallel to Knight's (they were even traded for one another at one point) has just signed to play in China next season after finding no takers on the FA market. I will be very surprised if BK isn't doing the same thing in about a year or so.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What I don't get is how Knight was playing some BS charity game and now the suns are stuck with the bill. How in heck was this allowed??

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I don't get is how Knight was playing some BS charity game and now the suns are stuck with the bill. How in heck was this allowed??

The Cardinals were already stuck with the bill. :)

I think most if not all the players workout during the offseason.

Edit: Should read Suns instead of Cardinals.

Last edited: