Kliff Kingsbury likely out - Outkick.com

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I guess we should be asking, who does Vance Joseph bring in as OC? And does he keep the rest of the coaching staff in place? Doesn't really sound like a recipe for change.
one thing i am struggling with:

Is there a defensive background HC who runs an aggressive offense?

Tomlin maybe at times?

Defensive HCs sure seem to orient to the running game oriented offenses

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m confused at why people think Kingsbury will make a great OC. I will say the biggest problem with Kliff is game management and then play calling.
However Kliff doesn’t own an NFL mind. His college mind has proven not to work in the NFL.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I guess we should be asking, who does Vance Joseph bring in as OC? And does he keep the rest of the coaching staff in place? Doesn't really sound like a recipe for change.
In my opinion, it would need to be somebody like Frank Reich. If that happened, then the big question would be who is Vance going to get to be his defensive coordinator and is he going to allow the defensive coordinator to run the show under Vance's scheme. That way Vance can just be the head coach and hopefully fix the communication and game day issues that were always plaguing Kingsbury.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Unless it's somebody like Sean Payton, I don't want to head coach who's making offensive or defensive calls.. I want them focusing just on Game Day flow and making sure everything runs smooth.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m confused at why people think Kingsbury will make a great OC. I will say the biggest problem with Kliff is game management and then play calling.
However Kliff doesn’t own an NFL mind. His college mind has proven not to work in the NFL.
His college mind didn’t really work in college either

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If Kliff gets fired I think the Eagles would be a great place for him. Great Oline, more physical QB, great wr core, more athletic TE, etc.

Assuming the Eagles OC gets a HC elsewhere of course.
Nagannahappen. He may--may--someday get another shot as an OC (which I'm not certain of), but it won't be with a top team. Why in the heck would a top team bring him in?

football karma

Reaction score
if Kingsbury is out, I would not be surprised to see the patriots pick him up as coordinator, and I think he would be great at it with Belichick as his boss
I think the Belichick idea is a good one, but not as the offensive coordinator

it would be an offensive staff position. He would have to accept that he has to learn the NFL game from the ground up --- and then put his influence on it, rather than continue to try to fit his offense to the NFL.

maybe after four or five years under Belichick, this also would be Kliff's best chance to get back to HC territory eventually

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think the problem was with Kliff in charge, it was: Mostly Kliff's offense with NFL tweaks

where i think a formula that probably works is: Mostly an NFL offense with Kliff's tweaks

and I think being a QB coach to OC probably gets him there after 4 years.

That's why I'm interested in what happened with Tom Clements. He was a long-time NFL offensive hand and he retired after a single season as passing game coordinator. I thought it was because Kyler was difficult to work with, but maybe he just got in the way of Letting Kliff Be Great.

I need to know. Someone ask Kent Somers.

it would be an offensive staff position. He would have to accept that he has to learn the NFL game from the ground up --- and then put his influence on it, rather than continue to try to fit his offense to the NFL.

maybe after four or five years under Belichick, this also would be Kliff's best chance to get back to HC territory eventually

According to many, Belichick has all his coaches on both sides of the ball involved in game-planning meetings. It could work. Kliff only had a season in New England, though. Not sure how strong that relationship is.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score

I can't fully recall, but when John McDaniels went back didn't he go as QB coach and not OC? Basically for similar reasons....needed to learn more about coaching.

football karma

Reaction score
That's why I'm interested in what happened with Tom Clements. He was a long-time NFL offensive hand and he retired after a single season as passing game coordinator. I thought it was because Kyler was difficult to work with, but maybe he just got in the way of Letting Kliff Be Great.

I need to know. Someone ask Kent Somers.
this team does need a better media

Clement came from GB, where the boots and waggles are a key part of the offense. Im sure he was like "here are plays that will be a free 25 yards a game" and was ignored

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good riddance. It would sure brighten this offseason to see both Kliff and Keim go.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I am totally not checking this site every 40 seconds today to see if there's a new thread about Kingsbury being retained for fired. I'd like that on the record please.

And how can you run it back with K2 after 4-13? It's not working.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am totally not checking this site every 40 seconds today to see if there's a new thread about Kingsbury being retained for fired. I'd like that on the record please.

And how can you run it back with K2 after 4-13? It's not working.

Bidwill has no money

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Bidwill has no money
The team is worth $4-5B and has basically no debt. Literally every bank in the entire world would lend him $30M to buy out these idiots out.

This is assuming the family doesn’t have the cash of which they might not.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The team is worth $4-5B and has basically no debt. Literally every bank in the entire world would lend him $30M to buy out these idiots out.

They don't have debt service on the stadium? Also the jet and Michael's helicopter?

I'm sure that every bank in the world would be happy to lend (those cash flows are essentially guaranteed), but money's 2x more expensive than it was a year ago and infinity times more expensive than if Michael hadn't stupidly extended these two during an embarrassing collapse.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

That is like a HELOC loan. You gotta pay the money back dude. And get another loan to pay the new coach? They just don't have the cash inflows you think they have.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
That is like a HELOC loan. You gotta pay the money back dude. And get another loan to pay the new coach? They just don't have the cash inflows you think they have.
If they can’t figure out how to pay a few million a year in debt service when operating an NFL franchise then that’s on them.

Trust me they’ll lose than and then some in lost revenue over next couple years if they keep Kliff.

football karma

Reaction score
i am guessing that Mike "reports" to a family Board of Directors (post Bill and mother's death --- the team is probably owned by a family trust)

curious how the Mike's siblings would react to "because i have to buy out Kliff and others contract, each of you will get $2.5mm less a year until 2026 "

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
i am guessing that Mike "reports" to a family Board of Directors (post Bill and mother's death --- the team is probably owned by a family trust)

curious how the Mike's siblings would react to "because i have to buy out Kliff and others contract, each of you will get $2.5mm less a year until 2026 "
This is correct on the setup of the family from what I gather. I think your numbers are inflated though.

The more MB screws up the more the siblings I would bet just want to take the big check.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score

You bring up a good point, regarding the siblings. Mike has been in charge for a while, but what if the siblings now vote him out as being in charge of the trust and the team and they want say Bill Jr to be in charge? In my opinion that would be way worse than having Mike in charge..

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose